The Student Room Group

SFE changes to living conditions.

I recently decided that I will be staying at home for first term and then will find accomodation for term 2 and 3.
My current maintenance loan is based on me living in accomodation.

My questions are:
1 - Will I still get the same funding from SFE if I live in a seperate studio flat as I would if it was in uni?
2 - When would I have to pay back any overpayments by SFE and do they have interest?
3 - Would it be best to change my living situation to home, and then next term change to accomodation or should I just keep it as it is now (Living in accomodation)?
Original post by Btec_Einstein
I recently decided that I will be staying at home for first term and then will find accomodation for term 2 and 3.
My current maintenance loan is based on me living in accomodation.

My questions are:
1 - Will I still get the same funding from SFE if I live in a seperate studio flat as I would if it was in uni?
Yes. It's based on "living at home" or "not living at home". It doesn't matter whether the accommodation is owned by your uni or not.
2 - When would I have to pay back any overpayments by SFE and do they have interest?
You can pay them back straight away or they'll be taken out of your next payment. I don't think that they have interest.
3 - Would it be best to change my living situation to home, and then next term change to accomodation or should I just keep it as it is now (Living in accomodation)?
Change it if your plans have changed. It would be fraud to claim you're living away from home when you're living at home

Answers in bold ^
What about saying living at home when recently moved out of home?
It was a mistake as I had technically moved in February just before the corona madness but spent most time at my parents due to health issues, I clicked staying with parents and then after was worried about changing it, I did call up and update but just wondering if the two are just as bad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending