The Student Room Group

Epq medicine

Hi guys
I’m thinking about doing an epq next year and I was was wondering if anyone has any ideas or inspirations in the topic heart as I very much enjoy studying about the heart but I can’t think of any topic
Thank you

Scroll to see replies

Heyy, I'm planning to do EPQ on a medicine related topic too! So for that I searched up EPQ topics and some of them I found are:
Stem Cell theraphy, Euthanasia, Medical Ethics in relation to certain conditions like abortion and things like that. If you like few of these topics then you can look into them....
I hope this is useful :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Heyy, I'm planning to do EPQ on a medicine related topic too! So for that I searched up EPQ topics and some of them I found are:
Stem Cell theraphy, Euthanasia, Medical Ethics in relation to certain conditions like abortion and things like that. If you like few of these topics then you can look into them....
I hope this is useful :smile:

Thank you so much
Thank you so much

No problem!
Reply 4
Hi guys
I’m thinking about doing an epq next year and I was was wondering if anyone has any ideas or inspirations in the topic heart as I very much enjoy studying about the heart but I can’t think of any topic
Thank you

What kind of planing have you done or what should I be doing?
What kind of planing have you done or what should I be doing?

After I found the topic I thought was interesting and apt for my dissertation, I browsed for more articles on that and also took an EPQ course on future learn from the University of Bath - I found it useful.
Reply 6
Hi guys
Thank you

Search for medicine related TED talks and watch a few that interest you for inspiration.
What years are you chaps in? Also, why anonymous? Don't mind me

Lol, no reason, I'm in yr 12 now, u?
Reply 9

Idk why I chose anonymous but im going into year 12 in like a week
Original post by L-K
Search for medicine related TED talks and watch a few that interest you for inspiration.

Ok thank you so much
After I found the topic I thought was interesting and apt for my dissertation, I browsed for more articles on that and also took an EPQ course on future learn from the University of Bath - I found it useful.

Oh that sounds like a good idea I think I’ll try that out
(I don't even have a GCSE in Biology but)
How advances in transplant technology have improved the longevity of heart transplant recipients?
How physiological differences in the heart of men and women affect...... their susceptibility to heart attacks? their recovery from heart attacks? their susceptibility to heart disease? (There was an interesting article in The Times (?) yesterday about how hearts in women are composed of finer grade muscle than men's)
Whether the implanting of a heart into a recipient of one sex from a donor of one sex has any effects on it. (I know when heart transplants first started they were worried that a 'male' heart might not be able to cope with the demands of labour. This has since been proved not to be a problem)
Something about heart valve technology?
How beliefs about the heart can affect the donation rates for hearts and strategies for improving donation rates
Original post by Compost
(I don't even have a GCSE in Biology but)
How advances in transplant technology have improved the longevity of heart transplant recipients?
How physiological differences in the heart of men and women affect...... their susceptibility to heart attacks? their recovery from heart attacks? their susceptibility to heart disease? (There was an interesting article in The Times (?) yesterday about how hearts in women are composed of finer grade muscle than men's)
Whether the implanting of a heart into a recipient of one sex from a donor of one sex has any effects on it. (I know when heart transplants first started they were worried that a 'male' heart might not be able to cope with the demands of labour. This has since been proved not to be a problem)
Something about heart valve technology?
How beliefs about the heart can affect the donation rates for hearts and strategies for improving donation rates

Omg thank you so much These sound really cool thank you
Lol, no reason, I'm in yr 12 now, u?

Idk why I chose anonymous but im going into year 12 in like a week

I'm going into year 12 too. What subjects you guys pick?
I'm going into year 12 too. What subjects you guys pick?

I’m doing bio chemistry and maths

SAME!!!
SAME!!!

haha lol me three. I'm doing geography as a 4th AS.

Oo I was thinking of doing as further maths but then I decided not to as I feel it’s gonna be too much pressure
But good luck to you

I wanted to do Psychology but I had to choose between it and EPQ, so I though EPQ would be more useful to apply into unis so I took that instead.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending