The Student Room Group

Getting A*AA Wattever it takes! A Y13 GYG

Image 01-09-2020 at 14.54.jpg
Welcome to my 4th GYG blog! :biggrin: (Shoutout to Sinnoh for the title inspo!)

I'm Laura and I'm heading into Y13 and doing Maths, Further Maths, Geography (all AQA) and EPQ :u:
I'm hoping for A*AA(A in EPQ), maybe A*A*A to get into Oxford but I'm not fussed really :colondollar: We don't know our predicted grades due to Covid, but :crossedf: for something around this mark!

I'm feeling pretty okay about starting this year, obviously it's going be a weird one, but we should be getting guidance about what our exams are going to be like soon (hopefully!) which will alleviate some stress :grin:

For my GCSEs I got a 9 in maths, and 8s in everything else: English lit (AIC, Macbeth, ACC and Power+Conflict poetry) English lang, triple science, r.e, geography (AQA), music)

Am going to be applying for a Mathematics degree (maybe with a placement year if Covid allows?). So far I'm thinking about Oxford, Nottingham, Loughborough and York :beard:

This year I'm hoping to get my grade 6 cello completed, complete my Gold DofE, carry on running and generally doing sport and generally look after my wellbeing :h: Also to absolutely smash this year :dumbells:

I hope you have a great year :hugs: Please say if you want to be tagged!
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Good luck! You can do this @laurawatt!

May I have a tag?
(edited 3 years ago)
PRSOM, tag me in sis! xx
Another clever title :lol:

Can I have a tag please? :smile:
omg im doing maths and further maths, im currently in year 12 and i need to get a* on everything.
could you maybe give me some tips on both subjects
Original post by 5hyl33n
Good luck! You can do this @laurawatt!

May I have a tag?

Thanks! :biggrin: Of course :hugs:
Original post by RazzzBerries
PRSOM, tag me in sis! xx

yasss :dance:
Original post by Becca216
Another clever title :lol:

hehe :mmm:
yes! :woo:

of course you can :lovehug:
Good luck. Wish you all the best.
:rave:can i be added to the tag list pls?
Original post by a.armenta
omg im doing maths and further maths, im currently in year 12 and i need to get a* on everything.
could you maybe give me some tips on both subjects

I would say be prepared to not get A*s in everything straight away, A-levels are a bit of a jump - but with time, you can definitely do it :yes: Try to understand as much as you can as you go along, especially for further maths where you'll be introduced to many new concepts straight away!
Practise, practise, practise! :biggrin:
Original post by dj_ad_1
Good luck. Wish you all the best.

Thank you so much!
Original post by neko no basu
:rave:can i be added to the tag list pls?

of course :heart:
Reply 9
Tag me please! :hugs:
Good luck!
Tagging everyone from last years blog :smile: I'll be starting the tag list again, so if you want to be tagged, please say or you'll never hear from me again :iiam: :lol:

Spoiler

good luck, keep me tagged please :h:
Ooh I didn't know you were considering York!
Hopefully all of your applications go well this year- may I have a tag? :colondollar:
Amazing opening post there, can I have a tag please :woo:?
tag me! this seems cool x
Awesome! A maths degree as the end goal sounds amazing, please can I get a tag? :rambo:
Hullo, I'm relatively new to TSR so I don't know how these threads work, but plenty of people seem to want to be tagged so could you tag me too? (dunno what for, guess I'll find out). I'm also going into y13 too btw
Original post by Kaps Lock
Hullo, I'm relatively new to TSR so I don't know how these threads work, but plenty of people seem to want to be tagged so could you tag me too? (dunno what for, guess I'll find out). I'm also going into y13 too btw

basically in their next post OP will tag you so you directly get notified, rather than having to check the thread yourself for new posts x
tag me :smile: good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending