The Student Room Group

Help? My work needs to be moderated but I have my uni place

Hi guys,

This is super confusing but I’m a private candidate and just completed my BTEC but I have been told my work needs to get moderated

I met the conditions of my offer but what happens if my work gets marked down when I’m at uni, will I get kicked off the course as I no longer meet the conditions of my offer?

Thanks
All BTEC moderation has been cancelled this year and all results have already been finalised and released.
Reply 2
Original post by bamtutor
All BTEC moderation has been cancelled this year and all results have already been finalised and released.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply! Mine will still be going through moderation as I did my work online (distance learning) so the pandemic had no affect on my course,

Do you know what will happen if my results change in moderation? Thanks
Original post by MmStudent64
Hi,

Thanks for the reply! Mine will still be going through moderation as I did my work online (distance learning) so the pandemic had no affect on my course,

Do you know what will happen if my results change in moderation? Thanks

It might be internally moderated by the centre, but it won't be by Pearson as all moderation has ceased. Check with the centre to see if they have claimed certificates yet. https://www.pearson.com/uk/educators/fe-college-educators/supporting-the-fe-sector-during-coronavirus-covid-19/assessmentarrangements/btec-faqs.html
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
It might be internally moderated by the centre, but it won't be by Pearson as all moderation has ceased. Check with the centre to see if they have claimed certificates yet. https://www.pearson.com/uk/educators/fe-college-educators/supporting-the-fe-sector-during-coronavirus-covid-19/assessmentarrangements/btec-faqs.html

Great thanks, but do you know what would happen to my university place if my grades change, as I have already met the conditions and I am due to start soon? What happens if they change whilst I’m on my course?
They shouldn't change them after you start. You should have your final grade by now and you should have your certificate before you start University (or at least a transcript / letter from your centre). If you don't have the certificate then you may not be able to enrol so chase up the centre where you sat the course and tell them you really need the certificate as soon as possible. Just email the University and tell them there may be a delay in getting the certificate.
Reply 6
Hi, yes I have the transcript just not the certificate

I won’t get the certificate until the final moderation is done which won’t be until later in the year

I’m just worried my grade will change in the final moderation and I will lose my place, can this happen?
Original post by MmStudent64
Hi, yes I have the transcript just not the certificate

I won’t get the certificate until the final moderation is done which won’t be until later in the year

I’m just worried my grade will change in the final moderation and I will lose my place, can this happen?

Very unlikely, but to be safe scan / copy your transcript and email a copy to the University and ask them to clarify. I am an external verifier (moderator) for BTEC and I can assure you that all moderation has been cancelled for this year and the next window for this won't be until after January 2021. I would really urge you to contact the centre and ask them what the delay is. If it is online course it may not have standard academic term dates which can cause problems. What is the name of the course provider (give me a link to their website) and what subject have you done? Send this to me by DM if you don't want it to be publicly known.
Reply 8
Very unlikely, but to be safe scan / copy your transcript and email a copy to the University and ask them to clarify. I am an external verifier (moderator) for BTEC and I can assure you that all moderation has been cancelled for this year and the next window for this won't be until after January 2021. I would really urge you to contact the centre and ask them what the delay is. If it is online course it may not have standard academic term dates which can cause problems. What is the name of the course provider (give me a link to their website) and what subject have you done? Send this to me by DM if you don't want it to be publicly known.

I have DM’d you, thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending