The Student Room Group

6 a levels?

Well my friend is looking to take 6 a levels, technically.

She’s Arab so she alr did her Arabic a level while we were doing gcses. Along with that she wants to take chemistry physics maths and further maths. She also wants to take epq. Along with that she’s ‘manifested’ 6 A*s (she alr got an A* in Arabic). She’s looking to take something in the chemistry field. Will the workload be reasonable? She’s really study-motivated and if she doesn’t achieve her 6 A*s shell be broken.

Scroll to see replies

well shes already taken an a level early that knocks it down to 5
epq isnt an a level so that knocks it down to 4 which is pretty much what every a level student starts off with in sixth form
Reply 2
Original post by owlknightdragon
well shes already taken an a level early that knocks it down to 5
epq isnt an a level so that knocks it down to 4 which is pretty much what every a level student starts off with in sixth form

Epq is still a course which you get graded on at the end of the year. Think about it as 4 and a half then. Is that realistic? Work experience and enrichments on top of that.
Original post by ....me
Epq is still a course which you get graded on at the end of the year. Think about it as 4 and a half then. Is that realistic? Work experience and enrichments on top of that.

yh loads of people do it
Reply 4
yh loads of people do it

Say less
Original post by ....me
Say less

wdym
Reply 6
And what we supposed to do with this information? Technically I'm also going to do 6 A levels since I got D*D* in Computing Level 3 BTEC and this year I'm going to do 4 A levels (Maths, Business, Geography, and Russian).
Original post by maven2k
And what we supposed to do with this information? Technically I'm also going to do 6 A levels since I got D*D* in Computing Level 3 BTEC and this year I'm going to do 4 A levels (Maths, Business, Geography, and Russian).

so what? do ur a levels or whatever why are u pressuring me for advice
Original post by maven2k

so what? do ur a levels or whatever why are u pressuring me for advice
Reply 9
wdym

Ok
Reply 10
Original post by maven2k

If you look carefully sir you will see I also asked 2 questions.
Original post by ....me

4 is enough - she should drop the EPQ - some unis won't count the one she's done already.
4 including Further Maths is pretty standard and should be achievable to a high standard by an organised person even with other interests/part time job. With good advice an EPQ isn't that time consuming and if she goes for the Autumn/Winter entry in Year 13 much of it can be done over the Summer holidays so it doesn't impact on the A levels.
Original post by ....me
Well my friend is looking to take 6 a levels, technically.

She’s Arab so she alr did her Arabic a level while we were doing gcses. Along with that she wants to take chemistry physics maths and further maths. She also wants to take epq. Along with that she’s ‘manifested’ 6 A*s (she alr got an A* in Arabic). She’s looking to take something in the chemistry field. Will the workload be reasonable? She’s really study-motivated and if she doesn’t achieve her 6 A*s shell be broken.

Honestly ppl that wanna do loads of a-levels just make things so much harder for themselves. Some ppl do 4 and manage but most say its not worth it. Unis don’t really care how many a levels you do - they’d be much happier with AAA than AABBBC or whatever. It’s quality not quantity. Honestly it’s easy for them to say they can do it now but when it comes to actually doing it they’re just gonna struggle.
Although from what you said they’ll technically be doing 4 A-levels and an EPQ.....
Imo get them to just do 3 A-levels and an EPQ, or drop the EPQ if they’re so desperate to do 4. Or do 4 and the EPQ and drop one when going into y13. But if I were them I’d just do 3, an extra a level isn’t worth the stress lol
Yes 4 A-levels and EPQ is doable, I did it and it was still pretty chill. However, she needs to think if it's worth it or not ...
Original post by justjas33
Honestly ppl that wanna do loads of a-levels just make things so much harder for themselves. Some ppl do 4 and manage but most say its not worth it. Unis don’t really care how many a levels you do - they’d be much happier with AAA than AABBBC or whatever. It’s quality not quantity. Honestly it’s easy for them to say they can do it now but when it comes to actually doing it they’re just gonna struggle.
Although from what you said they’ll technically be doing 4 A-levels and an EPQ.....
Imo get them to just do 3 A-levels and an EPQ, or drop the EPQ if they’re so desperate to do 4. Or do 4 and the EPQ and drop one when going into y13. But if I were them I’d just do 3, an extra a level isn’t worth the stress lol

Isn’t Arabic an a level well?
Original post by Sweet Heart bab
Isn’t Arabic an a level well?

They said the friend did their Arabic a-Level whilst doing their GCSEs :smile:
Original post by justjas33
They said the friend did their Arabic a-Level whilst doing their GCSEs :smile:

Some uni counts tho
epq doesn't count as an a level
Original post by royalty1702
epq doesn't count as an a level

OP knows

Latest