The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

University of Southampton Clearing and Adjustment thread 2020

This is a thread to discuss the University of Southampton for Clearing 2020.

You can find their current course listings here >>

Get more information about Clearing on TSR and ask for advice here >>

And here >>

Good luck with everything!
Posting to subscribe. :bl:
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Still waiting for confirmation and it has been nearly a week since Southampton called to offer a placement 'in principle'. Is there something we may have done wrong? We have tried calling, emailing, everything and not getting anywhere. Very concerned about there being no accommodation left especially as coming from the EU.
Original post by GemPT
Still waiting for confirmation and it has been nearly a week since Southampton called to offer a placement 'in principle'. Is there something we may have done wrong? We have tried calling, emailing, everything and not getting anywhere. Very concerned about there being no accommodation left especially as coming from the EU.

Admissions will be swamped right now with a lot of applicants being unplaced who will now be ringing up trying to get their place back with grade changes etc. Give them a couple more days and ring them back on Friday if you've still not heard - just ask how long it is likely to take.

Accommodation will probably be very tricky now anyway, I know a lot of universities are restricting some of their accommodation due to covid-19 so I'd advise looking at any nearby private options in the mean time as a back-up. :redface:
I've applied through international clearing about 3 weeks ago. I was talking to someone from admissions and then no communication whatsoever. I sent an email to the law department and I was talking to another person whom I sent additional documents as requested. Now it's been nearly a week with no response. I find this behaviour extremely frustating and unprofessional, especially when I declined an offer from Birmingham because the representative I was talking to confirmed that they would be able to make me an offer if I applied based on my grades. Is this normal for the clearing process at Southampton or should I send another email to the department?
Original post by kuzzipapi
I've applied through international clearing about 3 weeks ago. I was talking to someone from admissions and then no communication whatsoever. I sent an email to the law department and I was talking to another person whom I sent additional documents as requested. Now it's been nearly a week with no response. I find this behaviour extremely frustating and unprofessional, especially when I declined an offer from Birmingham because the representative I was talking to confirmed that they would be able to make me an offer if I applied based on my grades. Is this normal for the clearing process at Southampton or should I send another email to the department?

Do you have anything in writing saying they're offering you a place?
What does UCAS Track show for you at the moment?
First off, thank you for the response Omar!

Yes, I do have it in writing. The exact words being "I have saved your transcript so we will be able to make you an offer if you decide to apply to University of Southampton in Clearing"

On UCAS, it says the University is yet to make a decision.

Thank you.
First off, thank you for the response Omar!

Yes, I do have it in writing. The exact words being "I have saved your transcript so we will be able to make you an offer if you decide to apply to University of Southampton in Clearing"

On UCAS, it says the University is yet to make a decision.

Thank you.

If they have an available phone line and I'd ring up tomorrow and see what's happening. If they have no phone line then I'd send another email if you haven't had a response by noon GMT. All university's administration is backed up right now, but a week is a bit excessive to be waiting - especially with a UCAS Offer still pending.

Have you definitely met all the course requirements they need?

MR
Original post by 04MR17
If they have an available phone line and I'd ring up tomorrow and see what's happening. If they have no phone line then I'd send another email if you haven't had a response by noon GMT. All university's administration is backed up right now, but a week is a bit excessive to be waiting - especially with a UCAS Offer still pending.

Have you definitely met all the course requirements they need?

MR

Okay, I'll do that for sure! And yes I am positive I meet all the requirements.

Thank you.

Update: Just got an email from admissions today. Looks like I'll be attending Southampton, Can't wait! 😁

Ps: Will classes be online or in-class for the Fall semester?
Update: Just got an email from admissions today. Looks like I'll be attending Southampton, Can't wait! 😁

Ps: Will classes be online or in-class for the Fall semester?
It's likely to be a bit of both, depending on class sizes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending