The Student Room Group

I'm doing GCSE AQA Bengali. Anyone doing their motherlanguage? Help!

I have no idea how to revise for it. I don't have any books, don't know any websites to revise from. The only teacher of this subject is my mom. But she needs a clear topics/syllabus to teach me. The lesson objectives doesn't make sense to her and me either. Can anyone please suggest me is there ANY way at all to revise this subject like others? If you are doing another language like Hindi or Urdu, please tell me how will your revise so that I can get a sense to how should I revise as well? Thx a lot.

Scroll to see replies

bump
why dont u get a tutor for a bit? to help u out
Reply 3
Original post by vix.xvi
why dont u get a tutor for a bit? to help u out

What tutor?
Original post by owlknightdragon
bump

??
Reply 5
Original post by vix.xvi
??

Hey can you help some way?
Original post by vix.xvi
??

its so the thread get more attention
Reply 7

What???????
Original post by Arno123

idk the only languages i did were English and french lol thro school soz cant help

did u see my previous comment?
Original post by Arno123

why do u have to have a gcse in it?
cant u just speak it at home

yh ik but it was just posted
Original post by Arno123
What???????

are u okay?
dont u want ur thread to get noticed by more people?
Original post by Arno123
What tutor?

online or in person? u pay them?
Reply 13
Original post by vix.xvi
idk the only languages i did were English and french lol thro school soz cant help

did u see my previous comment?

yep

why do u have to have a gcse in it?
cant u just speak it at home

Well to get Ebacc qualification, I had to chose another language. Because I already speak bengali, I though it would be way more easy to get GCSE bengali rather than Spanish or French, as I have to start from scratch and there is very low probability of getting a good grade.
Original post by Arno123
yep

Well to get Ebacc qualification, I had to chose another language. Because I already speak bengali, I though it would be way more easy to get GCSE bengali rather than Spanish or French, as I have to start from scratch and there is very low probability of getting a good grade.

whatts ebacc

ohhh thats for schools...its not something YOU get
u don't hv to do a language if u don't want to
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by vix.xvi
whatts ebacc

I am doing if from my school. Ebacc is GCSE qualification which requires you to choose 1 humanity subject, Higher science and Math, and 1 foreign language.
Original post by Arno123
yep

well if theres not that many resources for gcse bengali it would make it harder for u whereas although u may have to start from scratch gcse spanish and french have way more resources to help u
Reply 17
Original post by vix.xvi
whatts ebacc

I am doing if from my school. Ebacc is GCSE qualification which requires you to choose 1 humanity subject, Higher science and Math, and 1 foreign language.

well if theres not that many resources for gcse bengali it would make it harder for u whereas although u may have to start from scratch gcse spanish and french have way more resources to help u

You're right. But at least doing GCSE Bengali, I will get top grades in speaking.
Original post by Arno123

yeah i had that in my school too
hv u tried talking to ur school/teacher abt ur foreign language? they may hv some tips/resources
Original post by Arno123

i thought u were sitting as a private candidate
lmao

Quick Reply

Latest