The Student Room Group
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

Teesside University Advance

Short video about our new scholarship, Teesside University Advance...

Watch here

:fluffy:

At Teesside we're really keen for all students to make the best use of technology to enhance learning. To help with this, all home, EU and international students enrolling as new entrants on Year 0 or Year 1 of a FT UG course on our Middlesbrough campus from September 2018 get...

:smile: an Apple iPad installed with Office 365 software, the University's student portal, access to email, timetables, virtual learning environment and library resources

:redface: an iPad compatible keyboard

:smile: £100 credit that can be used to purchase course textbooks and learning resources

:redface: plus lecture-capture technology across campus meaning you can access recordings of lectures at any time, from anywhere.

More info and terms here.
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

What model of iPad is it? What keyboard brand is it? Can the £100 be spent on technology/art supplies (applied for computer game art) and are all lectures recorded?

Original post by Teesside University
Short video about our new scholarship, Teesside University Advance...

Watch here

:fluffy:

At Teesside we're really keen for all students to make the best use of technology to enhance learning. To help with this, all home, EU and international students enrolling as new entrants on Year 0 or Year 1 of a FT UG course on our Middlesbrough campus from September 2018 get...

:smile: an Apple iPad installed with Office 365 software, the University's student portal, access to email, timetables, virtual learning environment and library resources

:redface: an iPad compatible keyboard

:smile: £100 credit that can be used to purchase course textbooks and learning resources

:redface: plus lecture-capture technology across campus you can access recordings of lectures at any time, from anywhere.

More info and terms here.
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm pretty sure that plenty of the teaching staff aren't happy with all lectures being recorded (there are major issues around confidentiality, the need for editing, etc.). The whole iPad thing is a gimmick. Go somewhere better.
Obviously it’s a gimmick, that doesn’t mean I’m not interested to know which model as it’s my first choice. This had nothing to do with the iPad but the fact that they provided the best computer games art course I could find within 4 hours from home. The recorded lecture thing is important because I dissociate a lot and I’ll orherwise need a dictaphone.
Reply 4
IMO, you'll still need a dictaphone. Speak to the lecturers so they can support you.
Original post by BeckyMay96
What model of iPad is it? What keyboard brand is it? Can the £100 be spent on technology/art supplies (applied for computer game art) and are all lectures recorded?

It's an Apple iPad 9.7” (5th Gen) 32GB Wi-Fi. The keyboard is Logitech and the £100 can be spent through John Smith’s bookstore on selected texts.

Thanks
Laura
(edited 6 years ago)
It's an Apple iPad 9.7” (5th Gen) 32GB Wi-Fi. The keyboard is Logitech and the £100 can be spent through John Smith’s bookstore on selected texts.

Thanks
Laura

out of curiosity, since the 2018 model of the iPad 9.7 was released in March for the same price as the 2017 model, would the iPad still be the 2017 model?
Original post by ManateeFace
out of curiosity, since the 2018 model of the iPad 9.7 was released in March for the same price as the 2017 model, would the iPad still be the 2017 model?

Hello

The student iPad will be the 2018 model.

Thanks
TU
I'm starting this year Semptmber 2020. From your previous reply so does this mean this year students will receive the 2019 iPad 7th generation as this is the latest one to date?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Articulatebee
I'm starting this year Semptmber 2020. From your previous reply so does this mean this year students will receive the 2019 iPad 7th generation as this is the latest one to date?

Hi there - I will check this info and come back to you :smile:. Thanks, Laura
Thanks please let me know ASAP :smile:
Hi there - I will check this info and come back to you :smile:. Thanks, Laura

Hi @Articulatebee - Advance offers a 7th generation iPad, 32G with Wi-Fi this year. You can see more info here. :smile:

Yes :smile: - it's the standard size one.
Also I forgot to ask what keyboard case is provided :smile:
Also I forgot to ask what keyboard case is provided :smile:

Hi there

It's the matching Apple iPad keyboard case
Just to confirm where you say “matching Apple iPad keyboard case” so does that mean the brand of the keyboard is the official iPad Smart Keyboard made my apple? Or is it Logitech etc...
Just to confirm where you say “matching Apple iPad keyboard case” so does that mean the brand of the keyboard is the official iPad Smart Keyboard made my apple? Or is it Logitech etc...

Hi @Articulatebee - the iPad comes with a Zagg Rugged Messenger Wireless Keyboard & Durable, Detachable Case.
Thanks
Reply 17
I had an email with my £100 book credit- does this mean I am eligible for an iPad ? if I am how do I get this. thanks
Original post by KSLJKB
I had an email with my £100 book credit- does this mean I am eligible for an iPad ? if I am how do I get this. thanks

Hi there @KSLJKB

If you're eligible for Teesside University Advance you'll be able to book a slot to collect your iPad through e-vision. You'll have had an email about this to let you know what to do :smile:. If you need to check anything you can contact us here or visit our online chat (Monday to Friday 9-4 here). Hope this helps!
Reply 19
just went onto Evision and its there- it does say iPad loan.
do I hand it back after my studies
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest