The Student Room Group

UEA A100 2021 Entry

Welcome to the UEA A100 2021 Entry Discussion.

UEA A100 2020 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6022722

For general information click: https://www2.uea.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/degree/detail/mbbs-medicine

For entry requirements click: https://www2.uea.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/degree/detail/mbbs-medicine#requirements_2

UEA A100 / A104 2021 Offer Holders' thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6976997

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Can any one tell me on what basis offers are made in UEA. Is it just the interview scores or do they use UCAT scores too?
Reply 2
"The overall (cognitive) score is used alongside the interview score to rank and select applicants to whom an offer is made.

The SJT component score is included within the interview score." The different bands are scored and counts as one MMI station.
Original post by Mel242
"The overall (cognitive) score is used alongside the interview score to rank and select applicants to whom an offer is made.

The SJT component score is included within the interview score." The different bands are scored and counts as one MMI station.

Thank you
Reply 4
Do you think the criteria for selections for interview and then offer will stay the same for 2021 entry? I think the website still says 2020 entry and I read that they changed things a lot between 2019 and 2020?Just a bit wary as trying to apply strategically so would like to know for sure!
Original post by dereile
Do you think the criteria for selections for interview and then offer will stay the same for 2021 entry? I think the website still says 2020 entry and I read that they changed things a lot between 2019 and 2020?Just a bit wary as trying to apply strategically so would like to know for sure!

I would have thought that if anything was changing it would have changed by now, as it is getting closer to the UCAS deadline. I don't know for sure though, emailing to ask would give you a definitive answer.

Any other grads thinking of applying here? :smile:
Reply 6
Are those in receipt of the UCAT bursary guranteed an interview?
Reply 7
Would I have a good shot here ? My ucat is 2470/617.5 average I also have good GCSEs
Original post by Bronte_girl
I would have thought that if anything was changing it would have changed by now, as it is getting closer to the UCAS deadline. I don't know for sure though, emailing to ask would give you a definitive answer.

Any other grads thinking of applying here? :smile:

Hi yep I'm a graduate and applying to UEA as I already live here
Original post by Gazelleintense
Hi yep I'm a graduate and applying to UEA as I already live here

Nice, I'm local too, so this will probably be my only A100 choice. Wonder what the UCAT cut offs are like for grads?
Original post by Bronte_girl
Nice, I'm local too, so this will probably be my only A100 choice. Wonder what the UCAT cut offs are like for grads?

I’ve heard it’s harder to get into graduate entry med than A100 and you need a higher UCAT.
UEA A100 doesn’t have a specific UCAT cut off so that’s good!
Original post by Gazelleintense
I’ve heard it’s harder to get into graduate entry med than A100 and you need a higher UCAT.
UEA A100 doesn’t have a specific UCAT cut off so that’s good!

Yes that may be true! Lets keep our fingers crossed :smile:
Hi i am international student got my ucat score wasn't gr8 got 2680 with band 1
I am interested in applying to UEA but i am not sure if my scores are good enough for me to be able to secure interview with the mentioned universities.
It would be of gr8 help if anyone could advice me on my chances and other university options.
Reply 13
Original post by Farhan2003
Hi i am international student got my ucat score wasn't gr8 got 2680 with band 1
I am interested in applying to UEA but i am not sure if my scores are good enough for me to be able to secure interview with the mentioned universities.
It would be of gr8 help if anyone could advice me on my chances and other university options.

Pretty sure that's enough for an interview, it's higher than previous cutoffs. You can also look at Plymouth and Leicester (A100)
My GCSEs are allAs and my UCAT is 2500 is that enough to stand a chance at UEA?
Original post by dengke218
Pretty sure that's enough for an interview, it's higher than previous cutoffs. You can also look at Plymouth and Leicester (A100)

Thanks a lot, i did also look into LEICESTER but me being an international student i did a different syllabus i.e. CBSE (INDIAN SYLLABUS) and LEICESTER University requires CBSE students to take up the A levels, which i dont think i would want to do. I think UEA would be a gr8 option.
Hello,
Would anyone be able to tell me what their selection process is?

I have seen from last year that there was quite a lot of confusion, and on the actual uni website it doesnt clearly state their selection process so Im just wondering?
Reply 17
Original post by aspiringmedic:0
Hello,
Would anyone be able to tell me what their selection process is?

I have seen from last year that there was quite a lot of confusion, and on the actual uni website it doesnt clearly state their selection process so Im just wondering?

They rank just on UCAT, provided people meet minimum requirements.
They have not had to apply a minimum cut off in the last few years as have been able to interview everyone who met minimum requirements
They use SJT as a virtual interview station and then use UCAT as 50% of post interview scoring with interview score
Original post by GANFYD
They rank just on UCAT, provided people meet minimum requirements.
They have not had to apply a minimum cut off in the last few years as have been able to interview everyone who met minimum requirements
They use SJT as a virtual interview station and then use UCAT as 50% of post interview scoring with interview score

:smile: Always you whos answering my questions (not complaining). Thank you very much for your help.
Reply 19
hey guys! does anyone know the interview to offer ratio for UEA? Because judging by what has been said about them interviewing everyone that meets the minimum requirements, surely that must mean they’re very selective at interview?

Latest

Trending

Trending