The Student Room Group

BTEC level 3 Business and university computer science

I am planning on choosing business at level 3 as I already have a level 2 IT qualification and it sort of gives me a second choice to do at university. however, I'm not sure if universities would except a level 3 in business for a computer science degree. so I'm wondering, should I just choose level 3 computer science or is this good enough?
Hi Chizohatake, If you want to do computer science at university then why not just continue with level 3 computer science? normally Btec courses are very limited in career changes after completion so I'd recommend doing something related to what you want to do at University.
Reply 2
Original post by Nolan02
Hi Chizohatake, If you want to do computer science at university then why not just continue with level 3 computer science? normally Btec courses are very limited in career changes after completion so I'd recommend doing something related to what you want to do at University.

thanks for your reply, see I haven't passed English yet so I'm planning on taking it in November. this also influenced my decision of doing level 3 business instead of repeating a year and level 2.
Original post by chizohatake
thanks for your reply, see I haven't passed English yet so I'm planning on taking it in November. this also influenced my decision of doing level 3 business instead of repeating a year and level 2.

I'm in the same boat actually. I have an option to do level 3 applied science this year (since i did L2 last time) but I plan on doing my GCSEs instead which is basically repeating the year in order to do A levels.

You should check university entry requirements for Computer science and see if they're offering Btec in business as an entry. They might just make you do a foundation course otherwise. I'm sorry i wasn't much help.
Reply 4
Original post by Nolan02
I'm in the same boat actually. I have an option to do level 3 applied science this year (since i did L2 last time) but I plan on doing my GCSEs instead which is basically repeating the year in order to do A levels.

You should check university entry requirements for Computer science and see if they're offering Btec in business as an entry. They might just make you do a foundation course otherwise. I'm sorry i wasn't much help.

welp, the options for will be doing either L2 business or L3 business. Guess ill just pick the better one, hope I don't regret it oop:pcguru:. Thanks.
I am planning on choosing business at level 3 as I already have a level 2 IT qualification and it sort of gives me a second choice to do at university. however, I'm not sure if universities would except a level 3 in business for a computer science degree. so I'm wondering, should I just choose level 3 computer science or is this good enough?

I done BTEC level 3 Business diploma and level 3 ICT Ceriticate and trust me loads of unis will give you offers. That can range from Brunel to Queen Mary. Honestly with computer science unis don’t really care what you done in the past as they teach you the basics from the beginning. It’s only the top unis that ask for subjects like A level math/Computer science. All I would say is to make sure you have a good grade in GCSE maths and English. A 5 will suffice
Reply 6
Original post by SimpleButYetMad
I done BTEC level 3 Business diploma and level 3 ICT Ceriticate and trust me loads of unis will give you offers. That can range from Brunel to Queen Mary. Honestly with computer science unis don’t really care what you done in the past as they teach you the basics from the beginning. It’s only the top unis that ask for subjects like A level math/Computer science. All I would say is to make sure you have a good grade in GCSE maths and English. A 5 will suffice

I'm only just seeing this bruh, but yh thanks. I'm currently doing level 3 business which apparently is worth 2 a-levels. Either way, its at least good to know I can still do CS in Uni.
I'm only just seeing this bruh, but yh thanks. I'm currently doing level 3 business which apparently is worth 2 a-levels. Either way, its at least good to know I can still do CS in Uni.

It’s worth 3 a levels but yh😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending