The Student Room Group

Can I be angry at Student Finance?

Hi there, I have a problem with Student Finance. Apparently, my residency evidence got scanned twice for the wrong team and now I must wait, and I will lose the place at my University. I do not why how this could have happened because it is just strange for my evidence to be scanned twice and processed by the wrong team and then I must wait more.

I'm so pissed of with them and this whole issue as everyone else that I know got their with no problem. I had mine last year without a problem.

Thanks for reading my rant.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stefan P Bargan
Hi there, I have a problem with Student Finance. Apparently, my residency evidence got scanned twice for the wrong team and now I must wait, and I will lose the place at my University. I do not why how this could have happened because it is just strange for my evidence to be scanned twice and processed by the wrong team and then I must wait more.

I'm so pissed of with them and this whole issue as everyone else that I know got their with no problem. I had mine last year without a problem.

I would be angry too, i had a few blips with mine. I think SFE is not very organised but they are dealing with a lot of people at the moment so can kinda understand and due to the whole covid situation too. I had several letters from them asking for my NI evidence however i had sent it to them already.

That isnt good that you cant take your place at Uni. Is there any way around that or is that it? I would call them if i was you. Tell them you have lost your place over this and explain. I know that they might be busy but dont give up on trying to sort it.

Good luck!
Original post by Lshort17
I would be angry too, i had a few blips with mine. I think SFE is not very organised but they are dealing with a lot of people at the moment so can kinda understand and due to the whole covid situation too. I had several letters from them asking for my NI evidence however i had sent it to them already.

That isnt good that you cant take your place at Uni. Is there any way around that or is that it? I would call them if i was you. Tell them you have lost your place over this and explain. I know that they might be busy but dont give up on trying to sort it.

Good luck!

I've been constantly calling them. I just don't understand how their systems work. 2 days for something to be scanned which was already scanned and then placed in the wrong department but something scanned should be visible across all departments if the system is done correctly. I haven't had a single letter from student finance for this year.

Thanks for the reply.
Reply 3

Stefan

Would it be worth copying and posting this in the SFE forum? I've seen someone called Isaac answering on there on behalf of SFE - he's very good.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=910
Original post by Kerzen
Stefan

Would it be worth copying and posting this in the SFE forum? I've seen someone called Isaac answering on there on behalf of SFE - he's very good.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=910

Thank you. I just posted it on there.
I think the default position when dealing with the ****wits at SFE is anger.

They are incredibly disorganised.

Why will you lose your place at university?
Be angry at whoever you want.
Original post by 999tigger
Why will you lose your place at university?
Be angry at whoever you want.

UoP told me that they can hold my offer only until 5th of October...

are you sure you will lose your place at uni? Cant you contact the uni? Im sure they would understand if they were reasonable? :s-smilie: sorry to hear this :'C
UoP told me that they can hold my offer only until 5th of October...

So theres over a month to go for them to get it sorted. I wouldnt be in a panic just yet.
You can stop losing it by accepting, although that means liability would be yours.
Original post by 999tigger
So theres over a month to go for them to get it sorted. I wouldnt be in a panic just yet.
You can stop losing it by accepting, although that means liability would be yours.

If I don't get into uni then I guess it's Apprenticeship time. Luckly I got certs and enough qualifications to get a decent salary...
Original post by nursingstudentuk
are you sure you will lose your place at uni? Cant you contact the uni? Im sure they would understand if they were reasonable? :s-smilie: sorry to hear this :'C

They can only hold my offer until 5th. Called them today. UoP are bad....
They can only hold my offer until 5th. Called them today. UoP are bad....

whaat. this seems ridiculous. have you tried phoning student finance and telling them how their screw-up has cost you your uni place??
whaat. this seems ridiculous. have you tried phoning student finance and telling them how their screw-up has cost you your uni place??

I did... they can't do anything about that "apparently". Sent a complaint over because it's BS...
Reply 14
I did... they can't do anything about that "apparently". Sent a complaint over because it's BS...

Stefan

Could you e-mail your MP?

Wtf!?? I'm actually so mad on your behalf. This is... i mean, this was student finances mistake right?? Can you ask student finance to specifically have a word with your uni and inform that its their fault?? Seems like your uni should just make an exception!? God, I hope nothing goes wrong with my bloody finances! What a rubbish false start!

I have the same problem exactly, but with Wales student finance.
The course will start on 28th of September and I’m still waiting for their approval. I’m really depressed and upset atm.
Wtf!?? I'm actually so mad on your behalf. This is... i mean, this was student finances mistake right?? Can you ask student finance to specifically have a word with your uni and inform that its their fault?? Seems like your uni should just make an exception!? God, I hope nothing goes wrong with my bloody finances! What a rubbish false start!

I seriously don't know what else to say or do. Posted here on the Student Finance forum. Talked on the phone and nothing. I had a guy that sounded like he just woke up and he put the same old excuse "my system is not working properly atm". Sent in a complaint. Messaged even on Facebook. They can't do anything because they don't know if my student finance will be approved apparently. So I'm just f***** pretty much.

What pisses me off the most is that they scanned a document twice and sent it to the wrong team instead of emailing me and asking for those again saying that there was a mistake the first time at least. If they did that everything should have been sorted by 5th.

Also I haven't received any sort of mail and they claim that they sent mail.

So yeah Student Finance is stopping me from going to university instead of grades....lucky me... I can't afford uni on my own and my parents are on minimum wage.

I also had student finance last year for a HNC and I had no problems like this year... 2020... my luck year...
If I don't get into uni then I guess it's Apprenticeship time. Luckly I got certs and enough qualifications to get a decent salary...

Think you need to get it in proportion and no at this stage I dont think you are going to lose your place at uni.
Original post by Arthur95
I have the same problem exactly, but with Wales student finance.
The course will start on 28th of September and I’m still waiting for their approval. I’m really depressed and upset atm.

I know how you feel man. It sucks badly. I did jack s**** today after sending everything and being mad because of how bs this thing is.

Quick Reply

Latest