The Student Room Group

a gyg blog by yours truly xsowmix

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xsowmix
tamil as well :h:

Oooh vanakkum :lol:
Original post by xsowmix
yes! I got lower than I expected but still happy with it. I got 710 Band 2.

still a great score though :woo:

You have a busy day today, good luck!!
Reply 22
Original post by RazzzBerries
Oooh vanakkum :lol:

vanakkum! ninkal eppati irrukirikal.

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by xsowmix
vanakkum! ninkal eppati irrukirikal.

Nalatha, neenga? :hugs:

We can talk in Tamil on TSR, but we have to provide translation or it goes against the site guidelines :creep: :lol:
Reply 24
Original post by RazzzBerries
Nalatha, neenga? :hugs:

We can talk in Tamil on TSR, but we have to provide translation or it goes against the site guidelines :creep: :lol:

thanks for letting me know!
Reply 25
Nan nalatha irukkiren

Spoiler

Original post by xsowmix
Nan nalatha irukkiren

Spoiler

:hugs:
ooh tag me! i’d love to see how this year is for you, me and stress don’t vibe either :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 28
me writing my personal statement
(edited 3 years ago)
subbinggg ✨🥰️
i love you name b xX
Reply 30
Original post by xsowmix
So just woke up about 40 mins ago. Need to wake up much earlier next time so I don't struggle when school starts next week (usually have to wake around 6am:s-smilie:)

This is my do list for today:

⭐️Plan on how I'm going to finish my EPQ before my October deadline

⭐️Complete and mark OCR AS 2018 Chemistry Paper 2.

⭐️Complete TSA 2008 Section 1 for BMAT revision and mark it. Also go over any mistakes I made.

⭐️Make notes on A2 Organic Chemistry I have learnt so far. (Aromatics & Carbonyls and Carboxylic Acids)

⭐️Read ahead on A2 Biology topics: Nervous Coordination and Respiration as I'm going to start them at school next week.

⭐️Make Flashcards on Electricity for BMAT Section 2.

⭐️Attend CASP webinar on Personal Statements.

⭐️Finish the current draft of my Personal Statement.

⭐️Read over notes made for Parametric Equations and Numerical Methods :banghead: (literally the only topics I hate in maths)

⭐️Complete an AS Edexcel Maths Paper

⭐️Complete AQA AS Biology 2018 Paper 1

Hopefully will get everything.

Didn't get to do everything but happy with everything I've done today. Kinda deserve my day out tmrw.
Reply 31
Just came back from London. I got to see a few unis I want to go to (UCL, Imperial, KCL) and I ate sushi.:h: Today's do list is gonna be shorter but let's see how much I can get done.
🍣 Complete 2016 OCR AS Chemistry Paper 1.
🍣Finish one section of my discussion for my epq. :s-smilie:
🍣Finish current draft of personal statement.
🍣Watch a yt video on the resistance, current and voltage rules of series and parallel circuits.
🍣Make flashcards on Magnetism for BMAT.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 32
Today's to do list:
🦠Tutor my neighbour's daughter on GCSE Maths: Circle Theorems
🦠Finish one section of my discussion of my epq.
🦠Send current draft of my personal statement to my form tutor.
🦠Make flashcards on Magnetism for BMAT.
🦠Catch up on my activity log for EPQ.
🦠Research UCL Applied Medical Sciences Course.
🦠Finish an Edexcel AS Maths Paper.
Reply 33
Update!!! (3rd September 2020)
Hi everyone!
Sorry for being inactive on this thread!
I hope everyone is settling into school. If not, I envy you for having a longer holiday.:cry2: Just gonna give an overview of what happened at school today COVID-wise so you guys have an idea.

I go to school by a school bus and because it’s considered as public transport we have to wear face masks. As it was my first day back, we usually have the first period with my form tutor so we can get timetables and catch up on stuff on the first day but today we had to stay with our form tutors for an extra period because they had to go over the COVID protocols in our school.
For example, we can’t line up inside the buildings. We have to line up outside and wait for the teacher to let us in. We also have to sanitise our hands and wipe down our tables and chairs with a paper towel. (The tables would have already been sprayed by my teacher) When we leave, we have to place the used paper towel in the bin.
(It’s extensive but we’re living in a pandemic so what can we do)
Our school has also given us more study areas we don’t have to sit right next to others during our free periods. There is also a lot of one-way systems within my schools as the corridors are SO narrow. Our sixth formers are quite lucky in the fact we have our own cafe/canteen but we can order our food during lunchtime now because of COVID. Our sixth form staff sends us a google form everyday so we can order our food but we have to order before 11.15.
(Sorry I tend to waffle)

Today wasn’t that bad for me expect I had double maths. (TBH we only went through stuff we learnt during lockdown (e.g. Binomial Expansion A2, Sequences and Series)
Also had Biology and started photosynthesis.
I still haven't my UCAS grades so I can't finalise my uni options. It's so annoying.

What have I been doing before school?

EPQ-It’s too much work. AHHHHH!!! But I love the topic I’m doing it on. It’s basically on the medical ethics behind the Charlie Gard case and I have to look into different school of thoughts such as utilitarianism and deontological ethics.

Netflix-I’m gonna delete my account soon cos my studies are going 📉 because of it

Shows that you need to watch

Spoiler

BMAT- It’s an admission test for medical school for non-medics here. I’m taking it for Cambridge 🤞and UCL. There are 3 section in the test. I am currently studying the Section 1 and 2 of the test.Section 1 is basically Critical Thinking and Section 2 is GCSE Science and Maths. I am hoping to get above 6 in both sections but might be bit too ambitious.

Revision of AS and some A2 content I have learnt at school

Tutoring GCSE Maths and Science in order to GET THAT BREAD

Sitting on my a** in front of laptop all day on TSR

Should come up with an update when I submit my UCAS or when I do BMAT (Probs October/November)

Tags

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
Ahhh glad you had an okay day at school regardless of the Covid procedures :hugs: I’ve got my first day back tomorrow :eek:
Reply 35
Original post by laurawatt
Ahhh glad you had an okay day at school regardless of the Covid procedures :hugs: I’ve got my first day back tomorrow :eek:

Hope it goes well for you. :smile: Actually my mum just got an email saying a year 12 got tested positive for COVID. (Yr 12 weren't in today in my school but were in yesterday for their induction) Don't know how the school is gonna handle that. I think they sent the info to Public Health and they have to wait for a response.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by xsowmix
Hope it goes well for you. :smile: Actually my mum just got an email saying a year 12 got tested positive for COVID. (Yr 12 weren't in today in my school but were in yesterday for their induction) Don't know how the school is gonna handle that. I think they sent the info to Public Health and they have to wait for a response.

:headfire: oh gosh that’s not good :eek: But at least they had a test rather than walking round school passing it on to everyone
Original post by xsowmix
Update!!! (3rd September 2020)
Hi everyone!
Sorry for being inactive on this thread!
I hope everyone is settling into school. If not, I envy you for having a longer holiday.:cry2: Just gonna give an overview of what happened at school today COVID-wise so you guys have an idea.

I go to school by a school bus and because it’s considered as public transport we have to wear face masks. As it was my first day back, we usually have the first period with my form tutor so we can get timetables and catch up on stuff on the first day but today we had to stay with our form tutors for an extra period because they had to go over the COVID protocols in our school.
For example, we can’t line up inside the buildings. We have to line up outside and wait for the teacher to let us in. We also have to sanitise our hands and wipe down our tables and chairs with a paper towel. (The tables would have already been sprayed by my teacher) When we leave, we have to place the used paper towel in the bin.
(It’s extensive but we’re living in a pandemic so what can we do)
Our school has also given us more study areas we don’t have to sit right next to others during our free periods. There is also a lot of one-way systems within my schools as the corridors are SO narrow. Our sixth formers are quite lucky in the fact we have our own cafe/canteen but we can order our food during lunchtime now because of COVID. Our sixth form staff sends us a google form everyday so we can order our food but we have to order before 11.15.
(Sorry I tend to waffle)

Today wasn’t that bad for me expect I had double maths. (TBH we only went through stuff we learnt during lockdown (e.g. Binomial Expansion A2, Sequences and Series)
Also had Biology and started photosynthesis.
I still haven't my UCAS grades so I can't finalise my uni options. It's so annoying.

What have I been doing before school?

EPQ-It’s too much work. AHHHHH!!! But I love the topic I’m doing it on. It’s basically on the medical ethics behind the Charlie Gard case and I have to look into different school of thoughts such as utilitarianism and deontological ethics.

Netflix-I’m gonna delete my account soon cos my studies are going 📉 because of it

Shows that you need to watch

Spoiler

BMAT- It’s an admission test for medical school for non-medics here. I’m taking it for Cambridge 🤞and UCL. There are 3 section in the test. I am currently studying the Section 1 and 2 of the test.Section 1 is basically Critical Thinking and Section 2 is GCSE Science and Maths. I am hoping to get above 6 in both sections but might be bit too ambitious.

Revision of AS and some A2 content I have learnt at school

Tutoring GCSE Maths and Science in order to GET THAT BREAD

Sitting on my a** in front of laptop all day on TSR

Should come up with an update when I submit my UCAS or when I do BMAT (Probs October/November)

Tags

Spoiler

this is so me lmao just been sitting on tsr all day 😭
Hi :wavey: please can I have a tag?

Best of luck for Y13 :biggrin:
Reply 39
UPDATE!!!!(8th September 2020)

Hi everyone! I know I said I was gonna wait till UCAS deadline to do an update but that’s too long. I will probably do weekly ones or on days when something big happens.

So I have UCAS grades now!😐

This is what I got:
Maths -A*
Chemistry-A
Biology-A

I am really happy with Maths and Biology (I’m not amazing at Biology btw. TBH I’m relieved I didn’t get a B.). So now let’s get to my Chemistry grade.

Just gonna go scream before I start my rant.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ok. Here we go. Chemistry is my strongest subject out of the three so I was expecting an A*. Considering that I have acheived mostly A*s or sometimes As in my tests and homework. I was thinking that my teachers would give me an A*. I probably sound really arrogant right now but I worked so hard in Chemistry (way harder than I should). I’m hoping that I can talk to my Heads of Sixth Form tomorrow to try bump my Chemistry to an A*.

Sorry for dumping this on you guys. Just felt like I had to cos I felt so s*** after I got my grades.

See you soon.
:ciao:
Tags:

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply