The Student Room Group

PQIP application 2020

SOOO I'm an applicant for intake 8C. I was successful on all fronts and I accepted their provisional offer. Then they emailed me saying I needed to provide one more bit of information for my preemployment checks. It involved getting my fingerprints done and getting in contact with the FBI (I'm American) and the original email had no sort of deadline for the info, just a generic, "provide us with this information ASAP as to not delay your start date." It took me two weeks to sort it all out due to lack of appointments re:COVID, during which time I received an email saying if I did not provide them with the missing information within 5 days, my application would be withdrawn due to the assumption that I was no longer interested. I spoke to them on the phone and assured them that I was still interested and wanted to make sure it wasn't withdrawn, and yet when 5 days was up, it was withdrawn anyway. I've spoken to them about fixing this, assuming the process was automatic and reversible but haven't heard anything back yet. Has this happened to anyone else? Or does anyone else have any experience with this? If I've spent nearly a year and over £140 on this application only for it to be withdrawn because they decided to place a time limit on my info I think I'll scream 😅

UPDATE: Nevermind, got it all sorted. It was an automatic thing that is being fixed.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by jorkinn
SOOO I'm an applicant for intake 8C. I was successful on all fronts and I accepted their provisional offer. Then they emailed me saying I needed to provide one more bit of information for my preemployment checks. It involved getting my fingerprints done and getting in contact with the FBI (I'm American) and the original email had no sort of deadline for the info, just a generic, "provide us with this information ASAP as to not delay your start date." It took me two weeks to sort it all out due to lack of appointments re:COVID, during which time I received an email saying if I did not provide them with the missing information within 5 days, my application would be withdrawn due to the assumption that I was no longer interested. I spoke to them on the phone and assured them that I was still interested and wanted to make sure it wasn't withdrawn, and yet when 5 days was up, it was withdrawn anyway. I've spoken to them about fixing this, assuming the process was automatic and reversible but haven't heard anything back yet. Has this happened to anyone else? Or does anyone else have any experience with this? If I've spent nearly a year and over £140 on this application only for it to be withdrawn because they decided to place a time limit on my info I think I'll scream 😅

UPDATE: Nevermind, got it all sorted. It was an automatic thing that is being fixed.

Hi, How do you know what intake you have applied for?
Reply 2
Original post by Chlolouisex
Hi, How do you know what intake you have applied for?

Hi! It says on your application on justicejobs. It should say something like "Application for Her Majesty's Prison and Probation Services PQiP (professional qualification in probation) national intake __). So mine says intake 8C
Original post by jorkinn
Hi! It says on your application on justicejobs. It should say something like "Application for Her Majesty's Prison and Probation Services PQiP (professional qualification in probation) national intake __). So mine says intake 8C

Thank you, I went back on straight after I posted that and realised what mine was haha. Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending