The Student Room Group

bubble, toil and trouble : year 13 gyg

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Toastiekid
gosh, i can't believe this is the fourth gyg:gasp:
best of luck with starting year 13! keep me tagged please:hugs:

i know! i feel old! :gah: will keep you on there :yes:
Can I have a tag please? I love the title!

Best of luck for Y13 - it’s going to be a crazy one :lol:
Reply 22
Tag me pleaseeeee :biggrin:
Good luck! Could I be tagged please?
Original post by Becca216
Can I have a tag please? I love the title!

Best of luck for Y13 - it’s going to be a crazy one :lol:

Original post by macy_m
Tag me pleaseeeee :biggrin:

Original post by Roses &amp
Good luck! Could I be tagged please?

yes i’ll add you all to the tag list! :hugs:
Tag me please :smile:
Original post by StudentMania
Tag me please :smile:

will do :smile:
keep me tagged :smile:
keep me tagged, hoping good things come your way this year!!
Original post by jadarose
keep me tagged :smile:

Original post by troubletracking
keep me tagged, hoping good things come your way this year!!

of course, thank you <3
Please keep me tagged! I'm really excited to see what happens for you this year :smile:

Did you ever regret not studying maths? I'm currently trying to narrow down/ considering changing the a-levels I'm taking and I'm seriously considering changing something to maths. I'm currently doing bio, chem, English lit and french. I enjoy English but I feel like if I end up doing a STEM degree I will be annoyed I didn't take maths?!
Original post by Matthew2422
Please keep me tagged! I'm really excited to see what happens for you this year :smile:

Did you ever regret not studying maths? I'm currently trying to narrow down/ considering changing the a-levels I'm taking and I'm seriously considering changing something to maths. I'm currently doing bio, chem, English lit and french. I enjoy English but I feel like if I end up doing a STEM degree I will be annoyed I didn't take maths?!

thanks!!

personally i am really glad i didn’t study maths, no regrets at all because it’s a subject i’m not very good at and don’t enjoy. from what i’ve been doing so far it hasn’t put me at too much of a disadvantage, i just have to work harder to understand mathsy concepts. go for what you enjoy because it’s 2 years of hard work and dedication :yep:
Original post by clouddbubbles
thanks!!

personally i am really glad i didn’t study maths, no regrets at all because it’s a subject i’m not very good at and don’t enjoy. from what i’ve been doing so far it hasn’t put me at too much of a disadvantage, i just have to work harder to understand mathsy concepts. go for what you enjoy because it’s 2 years of hard work and dedication :yep:

Ok, thanks for the insight :smile:

PRSOM!
Original post by Matthew2422
Ok, thanks for the insight :smile:

PRSOM!

no problem :thumbsup:
of course it’s down to you though!
good luck this year!! and please tag me :biggrin:
Original post by procrastinatingb
good luck this year!! and please tag me :biggrin:

of course :hugs:
self-isolation

i guess the title is pretty self explanatory! it’s been such a wild week :no:

my first day back was last friday and like the rest of you, we had some sort of induction in the morning to introduce us to the new rules and then I had lessons.

school has made me very anxious because the rules haven’t really been made clear. the school have implemented some additional rules now as result but it would have been nice if they were communicated in the first place. one way systems are annoying too!!!

i’ll quickly run through what i’ve been doing...

biology

teacher 1) looking at the biomass section of energy transfers including productivity etc. there was also an exam technique session

teacher 2) photosynthesis!!! basically we’ve just covered the basics and also recapped some lockdown stuff, but moving onto the different mechanisms/reactions soon

chemistry

teacher 1) i had a test to see what i’d learnt over lockdown, basically just multiple choice but a bit gross. i thought the questions were pretty fair but i’m not expecting big things in terms of my result :erm:

teacher 2) started working through carbonyl compounds so that’s fun

spanish

teacher 1) starting with some pre-context stuff to the civil war, so looking at some historical things that happened in spain leading to a rise in nationalism and basically resentment towards the government

teacher 2) well we kind of already covered this last year,, basically looking at immigration specifically gypsies which was a key part of learning about music/flamenco last year. i also submitted my presentation for the independent research project

epq

nothing this week, i am waiting for some feedback on my essay from my supervisor

ucas

submitted a final draft of my personal statement so i’m now working on cutting it down to the word limit :gah:

anyway, i’m sure you’re all somewhat desperate to know what’s going on???

i was told by my workplace at the weekend that an employee had test positive for coronavirus. this was okay really as it was an isolated incident and meant i could just carry on as normal, albeit very on edge because arghhhh coronavirus

anyways on tuesday a friend at work told me they had tested positive too, i didn’t really know what to do so i went home and made a lot of calls and asked for a lot of advice. by wednesday evening i had been told to self-isolate due to being in close contact with this person. overall it has been very distressing, because of the uncertainty and fear. it’s the worst possible start to my school year, although i’m trying to adapt as best i can. i’ll be back into school a few days before the internal oxbridge UCAS deadline so i just have to hope and pray i’ve sorted something out by then. as someone who is always on the go and can’t stay in the house just watching netflix all day (boring!!!) it’s so far been a real struggle and not being able to hug my family is the worst but hopefully i’ll get through it okay :cry2:

i think it just goes to show that you can never be too careful, and i would really urge all of you to follow the guidance because having to self-isolate is so disruptive and worrying :sadnod:

i hope you are all happy and healthy <3

please let me know if you want to be added/removed from the tag list
bubble squad :bubbles:

Spoiler

Reply 37
mm spanish music, I love me some Sarasate. Or some Tarrega
also wrt: the personal statement, for me the 47 line limit was stricter than the word limit. With paragraphs and line breaks between them I hit the line limit with about 3600 characters.

Sorry to hear you've already had to self-isolate - hope it's the only time!
i’m okay thankfully and hopefully i’ll stay that way!
if everyone goes smoothly i’ll be back at school in just over a week :crossedf:
Original post by Sinnoh
mm spanish music, I love me some Sarasate. Or some Tarrega
also wrt: the personal statement, for me the 47 line limit was stricter than the word limit. With paragraphs and line breaks between them I hit the line limit with about 3600 characters.

Sorry to hear you've already had to self-isolate - hope it's the only time!

you’re spot on with that personal statement advice!! i think i’ll struggle with the line limit too... so many paragraphs :no:

hoping it’s the only time too!! just my luck :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending