The Student Room Group

Amazon echo dot

Hi guys. As you've probably seen Spotify has done a promo for a free google nest with their premium subscription. I was too slow and therefore missed out on it :frown:. Now Amazon are doing one with their echo dot and I was wondering if anyone has had it before? I'm planning on using it as a speaker (mainly using Spotify).
Reply 1
I don't use Spotify on my Echo Dot, but yeah, it's alright. I wouldn't use it as the main speaker, it'd be crap for that haha.
Reply 2
Original post by Pathway
I don't use Spotify on my Echo Dot, but yeah, it's alright. I wouldn't use it as the main speaker, it'd be crap for that haha.

I was just gonna use it in my uni room so it can't be too loud anyway. Do you use Amazon music?
Reply 3
Original post by imxks
I was just gonna use it in my uni room so it can't be too loud anyway. Do you use Amazon music?

No, no real point - although I did briefly use it previously. I have speakers so it'd be pointless to use my Dot to listen to music. :dontknow:
Reply 4
Original post by Pathway
No, no real point - although I did briefly use it previously. I have speakers so it'd be pointless to use my Dot to listen to music. :dontknow:

Ah fair enough. What do you use it for if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 5
Original post by imxks
Ah fair enough. What do you use it for if you don't mind me asking?

I'm disabled, so it's useful for me to have it as it connects smart devices I have (e.g. lights, etc.) and I can control it with my voice. Also good for setting reminders, lists, medication alarms, etcetc.
Reply 6
Original post by Pathway
I'm disabled, so it's useful for me to have it as it connects smart devices I have (e.g. lights, etc.) and I can control it with my voice. Also good for setting reminders, lists, medication alarms, etcetc.

Ah that does sound really helpful! Thanks so much for your help :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by imxks
Ah that does sound really helpful! Thanks so much for your help :smile:

You're welcome! They can do a lot, you might be restricted at university if you're in halls though, but for the use case you've set out (to play music) it sounds adequate and doable.
l take nothing to do with any off that kind of stuff the Government collect all off your recordings they know what you have been talking about same with gas and electric smart meters people should stay well clear off them
Original post by Scottishlad888
l take nothing to do with any off that kind of stuff the Government collect all off your recordings they know what you have been talking about same with gas and electric smart meters people should stay well clear off them

So what are you doing on this website? They're definitely tracking you on here. Your username suggests you're from scotland, better change it to somewhere else just in case they locate you using that. Do you have a smartphone? You should probably get rid of that. Don't forget to wear your tinfoil hat!!
Original post by jackien1
So what are you doing on this website? They're definitely tracking you on here. Your username suggests you're from scotland, better change it to somewhere else just in case they locate you using that. Do you have a smartphone? You should probably get rid of that. Don't forget to wear your tinfoil hat!!

l dont have a smartphone and l cover my TV with tinfoil and cook a chicken in tinfoil there is a lot of spying going on in TSR

Quick Reply

Latest