The Student Room Group

Night club bouncers turning me away for no reason

There is a club I tried to enter. Pretty near opening time The bouncer didn't even look at the guy who entered before me. When I walked up he put his arm across my throat, asked where I'd been. I told him I had just been at home, which was true. I hadn't been drinking. He refused to give any reason saying he just didn't want me in.
I tried complaining to the manager but he just said that if he had been there he would have agreed with the bouncer and that they do not need a reason. Saying that giving a reason can lead to more problems.
I've heard from people that clubs often turn away single men/all male groups. Though the guy before me seemed to have no trouble. Maybe a regular that he was used to or something?
Also if it is a no unfamiliar single men policy can't he just say that? Rather than taking a disliking for no reason and damaging people's self esteem?
Can much be done besides going on to any website that allows you to review the club, rating 1 star and telling the story?
Do they turn away sober single women?
I very much doubt that. I'd go down the sexism route for any official complaint but I think you'd be wasting your time.
Where have you been to a nightclub recently?
Original post by AngusKing
There is a club I tried to enter. Pretty near opening time The bouncer didn't even look at the guy who entered before me. When I walked up he put his arm across my throat, asked where I'd been. I told him I had just been at home, which was true. I hadn't been drinking. He refused to give any reason saying he just didn't want me in.
I tried complaining to the manager but he just said that if he had been there he would have agreed with the bouncer and that they do not need a reason. Saying that giving a reason can lead to more problems.
I've heard from people that clubs often turn away single men/all male groups. Though the guy before me seemed to have no trouble. Maybe a regular that he was used to or something?
Also if it is a no unfamiliar single men policy can't he just say that? Rather than taking a disliking for no reason and damaging people's self esteem?
Can much be done besides going on to any website that allows you to review the club, rating 1 star and telling the story?

That might be assault, which would be worse than a complaint for simple discrimination. I'd advise taking this up with the Police and asking their advice.

But as for just refusing you admission, the bouncer is within their rights to say no. There is nothing you can do about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending