The Student Room Group

A Puddleduck's journey to the end of the river: Jemima's Year 13 GYG

there is no better way.png

Aaahhh. I can't believe it's year 13. My little sister is starting secondary and my brother is starting primary. Where have all the years gone?

2020 has been crazy and I don't know what the future's looking like but I'm going to try to make the best of it no matter what.

My name is Jemima and I'm 17, I'm in year 13.

I've had a GYG the past few years but I normally end up abandoning them halfway through the year. This year though I'm hoping to keep it going and that it will help me stay motivated.

My A Levels are:

Spoiler

My GCSE results in 2019 were

Spoiler

I haven't got any predicted grades for a levels yet, but my mocks are at the end of September

Plans for Year 13

Spoiler

Plans after Year 13

Spoiler

Tag list from last year

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
03/09/2020

So today was the first day back which was really scary. I got to school, and we ha to line up in our forms, and then we were taken by our form tutors to the hand wash stations and then to our form rooms. It didn't really start that smoothly because when we got to our form room there was a year 12 form in there (which they shouldn't have been) so we ad to walk round school to find an empty classroom.

P1 was just introductory stuff

P2- I had Maths and we just did some intro questions based on our yr12-yr13 transition packs

P3- I had a free so prepared for my afternoon geography class

P4&P5- I had Human Geography, and we were continuing what we did back when I went into school in July which was Superpowers, so we were learning about the strength of places like China and the USA and stuff like neo-colonialism.
Hi :wavey: please can I have a tag?

Do you prefer human or physical geography? I definitely prefer human - we’ve just finished learning about migration which was such a cool topic :tongue:

Also love the title!
:woo: Keep me tagged please! Glad that yesterday went okay :hugs:
Reply 4
Original post by Becca216
Hi :wavey: please can I have a tag?

Do you prefer human or physical geography? I definitely prefer human - we’ve just finished learning about migration which was such a cool topic :tongue:

Also love the title!

yeah sure, thank you xx

I love Human Geography. We're doing Superpowers at the moment so we are learning about the fight for dominance between China and the USA and also developing countries such as Russia, Brazil and India. Last year we did Globalisation and Regenerating places.
Reply 5
04/09/2020

P1: this morning we had tutorial for period 1 which is what we've always had Friday P1 ever since year 7 and we were mainly just discussing our summers, and writing down our aims for year 13 and what we want to do after we've left school. We also had to talk about Covid which was a bit depressing.

P2&P3: I had double History. I handed in my first NEA draft and in Wars of the Roses we did a card sort activity with all the key events and battles that we studied in year 12. Then in the second hour we did some source work ready for an essay that we're going to be given next week.

P4&P5: I had double Maths, We were doing sequences, and we were using formulas to find out the number of terms in a sequence and other stuff like that. We also got given an exam paper to help practice for our mocks in October.

I hope you all had a good week. I'm really glad its the weekend xx.

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
:woohoo:
y12 into 13 maths packs!! wow lucky we had to do like half of A2 pure over July self taught lmao I know nothing
Reply 8
Original post by mez_merising
y12 into 13 maths packs!! wow lucky we had to do like half of A2 pure over July self taught lmao I know nothing

that sounds so stressful. We did the first two chapters of the A2 Pure textbook last year so we're on chapter 3 now. I taught logarithms at home and that was awful
hey feel free to tag me! glad your first few days weren't too awful
Good luck with the new school year!
hi! add me to the tag list pls!
I did history and geog at a level too :h:

Original post by jemima0103
yeah sure, thank you xx

I love Human Geography. We're doing Superpowers at the moment so we are learning about the fight for dominance between China and the USA and also developing countries such as Russia, Brazil and India. Last year we did Globalisation and Regenerating places.

Superpowers was my favourite topic!
I'm doing maths and history as well. Can I have a tag please :smile:
Original post by neko no basu
hi! add me to the tag list pls!
I did history and geog at a level too :h:

Superpowers was my favourite topic!

Yeah it's been really interesting so far
hi can i be tagged pls? i’m doing maths edexcel too :smile:
Monday 07/09/2020

So it's Monday and that means a full week. After being out of school for so long I've been really tired going back. It's also made me really anxious so that's not helping.

P1&P2- I had double geography, and today we were learning about Emerging Powers, so Brazil, Russia, India and China. We also studies the three theories of development.

P3- Wars Of The Roses (History)- we started looking at 1471 and The death of Edward, Prince of Lancaster and Henry VI.

I originally intended on coming home at lunch and doing work in the afternoon but when I got home I'd just got a parcel delivered so I was sorting that out, and then when I'd eaten lunch I was tired so I'm doing some work now and I'll do some when I get home tomorrow

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
oh my gosh you're watching gilmore girls! that's one of my fave shows, i've been tempted to rewatch but have been trying to hold back since school is about to go back. how far through are you?
Original post by jemima0103
06/09/2020

So this weekend I didn't want to do loads of work because I've been really tired. I've only been back two days bu my sleep schedule for the past six months has literally been 2am-11am so it's all messed up. I did my geography homework, which was to write about the ethical considerations that need to be taken into account when researching something, and I also created some flashcards. I also did my pure maths practice paper. I haven't done all the questions so I'm probably going to come home tomorrow after lunch to complete it.

I'm so glad my timetable stayed pretty much the same so I still get to come home a lunch on Monday's

Outside of schoolwork, I went in to town with my Mum yesterday to get my little brother some trainers for PE, and I've been watching Netflix. Mainly Gilmore Girls because I want to get it finished and then The Babysitters Club as something light-hearted to watch before I got to sleep

enjoy this song

Spoiler

Glad to hear you still like your timetable, I am still waiting for mine to be released :eek: Hopefully you can gradually sort out your sleep schedule soon - have a good week!
Hope you have a great week :lovehug:
Sending all my love so you have a great week <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending