The Student Room Group

apprenticeship advice

who is considering to do an apprenticeship at KPMG, PWC, EY and Ernst and Young! I need advice and i'm confused when to apply, because KPMG applications are not open yet but PWC is open and they are requiring for UCAS but I still haven't finished my personal statement
Original post by h.zkr
who is considering to do an apprenticeship at KPMG, PWC, EY and Ernst and Young! I need advice and i'm confused when to apply, because KPMG applications are not open yet but PWC is open and they are requiring for UCAS but I still haven't finished my personal statement

Apprenticeships won't ask you to fill out a UCAS application. I've never heard of that nor had it (and I've applied for many). Just keep checking indeed and the gov website and they will eventually pop up.
Reply 2
Original post by Hoc est Bellum
Apprenticeships won't ask you to fill out a UCAS application. I've never heard of that nor had it (and I've applied for many). Just keep checking indeed and the gov website and they will eventually pop up

what year are you in, and what apprenticeships have you applied for?
Original post by h.zkr
what year are you in, and what apprenticeships have you applied for?

I've done 2 years of an advanced apprenticeship and I have just started a degree apprenticeship at one of the worlds largest companies. I've applied for all the major companies - BAE, Airbus, Shell, Various Banks, British Airways, Qinetiq and Exxon just to name a few as well as several smaller companies.
Reply 4
I've done 2 years of an advanced apprenticeship and I have just started a degree apprenticeship at one of the worlds largest companies. I've applied for all the major companies - BAE, Airbus, Shell, Various Banks, British Airways, Qinetiq and Exxon just to name a few as well as several smaller companies.

wow that's really cool, as I'm going to finish sixth form this year, should I apply for a degree apprenticeship or should I do an advanced apprenticeship, then upgrade to a degree apprenticeship.
Original post by h.zkr
wow that's really cool, as I'm going to finish sixth form this year, should I apply for a degree apprenticeship or should I do an advanced apprenticeship, then upgrade to a degree apprenticeship.

Go for degree apprenticeships, the only reason I did advanced first was because I did it instead of alevels, the jobs that advanced apprenticeships provide are quite different to degree ones - they tend to be more menial jobs.
Reply 6
Go for degree apprenticeships, the only reason I did advanced first was because I did it instead of alevels, the jobs that advanced apprenticeships provide are quite different to degree ones - they tend to be more menial jobs.

yeah that's true, thank you! have you been accepted to any yet, or are you still in the application process
Original post by h.zkr
yeah that's true, thank you! have you been accepted to any yet, or are you still in the application process

yes, i'm starting my degree apprenticeship tomorrow
Reply 8
yes, i'm starting my degree apprenticeship tomorrow

ohh congrats! where are you doing it?
Original post by h.zkr
ohh congrats! where are you doing it?

Sorry but I would refrain from saying that as it wouldn't be hard to find who I actually am

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending