The Student Room Group

Arden University Year 1 Accounting and Finance degree exemptions

Hi there,

I was interested in studying the accounting and finance BSc degree at your university via distance leaning as a mature student.

I noticed on your website that this course is ACCA certified. I have already completed the first 3 papers of the ACCA as follows:-

FAB (F1) - Accountant in Business
FMA (F2) - Management Accounting
FFA (F3) - Financial Accounting

I was wondering would I be eligible for any exemptions for this and what would the cost implications be for this.

I have 5 GCSE's at grade C and above and also 3 ALevels with a combined total of more than 120 UCAS Points

Thank you
(edited 3 years ago)
hi how are you
Reply 2
Original post by THE BEAST 1438
hi how are you

Im good thanks. How are you?
fine
Original post by aaxxcctre
Hi there,

I was interested in studying the accounting and finance BSc degree at your university via distance leaning as a mature student.

I noticed on your website that this course is ACCA certified. I have already completed the first 3 papers of the ACCA as follows:-

FAB (F1) - Accountant in Business
FMA (F2) - Management Accounting
FFA (F3) - Financial Accounting

I was wondering would I be eligible for any exemptions for this and what would the cost implications be for this.

I have 5 GCSE's at grade C and above and also 3 ALevels with a combined total of more than 120 UCAS Points

Thank you

Hi @aaxxcctre,

I have sent an email to an academic tutor about this and I will let you know their answer once they respond :smile:

Thanks,
Amy
Reply 5
Original post by Arden University
Hi @aaxxcctre,

I have sent an email to an academic tutor about this and I will let you know their answer once they respond :smile:

Thanks,
Amy

Thank you Amy :smile:

Please do as I am very very keen to start studying with Arden
Reply 6
@Arden University
Thank you Amy
:smile:

Please do as I am very very keen to start studying with Arden..:smile:
Hi @aaxxcctre,

The academic has informed me that you would be eligible for exemptions if you had proof of having completed the papers. Any cost implications would be considered/confirmed when you applied - have you applied already? If not, then I recommend doing so here when you can: www.arden.ac.uk/#applyNow

This does not commit you to starting the course but expresses your interest, you will get matched with a recruitment advisor who will be able to take you through next steps and what documentation we will require from you, and you can have discussions around Student Finance as well.

Good luck with your application :biggrin:

Amy
Reply 8
Original post by Arden University
Hi @aaxxcctre,

The academic has informed me that you would be eligible for exemptions if you had proof of having completed the papers. Any cost implications would be considered/confirmed when you applied - have you applied already? If not, then I recommend doing so here when you can: www.arden.ac.uk/#applyNow

This does not commit you to starting the course but expresses your interest, you will get matched with a recruitment advisor who will be able to take you through next steps and what documentation we will require from you, and you can have discussions around Student Finance as well.

Good luck with your application :biggrin:

Amy

Hi @Arden University,

Thank you for your reply. The reason I am speaking via TSR is because I have previously made an application with yourself and the advisor I spoke to was extremely rude and very unforthcoming. She was not interested and I was finding it difficult to get any information from her.

With this experience I am not interested in dealing with Arden customer service until I have clear confirmations and am 100% sure I will be starting a course with Arden. I have no issues sending in proof of my passing of the first 3 ACCA exam papers but what I would first like to know is.. You said I would be entitled to some exemptions and cost reductions so could you please explain more as I find the TSR platform easier to communicate via.

Thankyou
Original post by aaxxcctre
Hi @Arden University,

Thank you for your reply. The reason I am speaking via TSR is because I have previously made an application with yourself and the advisor I spoke to was extremely rude and very unforthcoming. She was not interested and I was finding it difficult to get any information from her.

With this experience I am not interested in dealing with Arden customer service until I have clear confirmations and am 100% sure I will be starting a course with Arden. I have no issues sending in proof of my passing of the first 3 ACCA exam papers but what I would first like to know is.. You said I would be entitled to some exemptions and cost reductions so could you please explain more as I find the TSR platform easier to communicate via.

Thankyou

Hi @aaxxcctre,

Thanks for letting me know this information - I have sent you a private message so we can discuss your application in more detail.

Amy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending