The Student Room Group

how delayed (early) can ur period be

my period is due on 18th but i think I'm getting cramps now?
I'm only 14 so idkkk
Original post by Anonymous
my period is due on 18th but i think I'm getting cramps now?
I'm only 14 so idkkk

Best thing to do is talk to your GP because they will give you something to help things but you'll need to go and see them ok,

You can try a hot water bottle on your tummy as that supposed to be good to help smooth things.
Reply 2
Original post by Tracey_W
Best thing to do is talk to your GP because they will give you something to help things but you'll need to go and see them ok,

You can try a hot water bottle on your tummy as that supposed to be good to help smooth things.

basically, it feels uncomfortable down there,
it feels like a twig is down there and whenever i move around it feels weird, however, if I'm in bed or sitting down, I'm perfectly fine? have you had that feeling before ?
basically, it feels uncomfortable down there,
it feels like a twig is down there and whenever i move around it feels weird, however, if I'm in bed or sitting down, I'm perfectly fine? have you had that feeling before ?

It will feel uncomfortable down there with cramps and soreness as sometimes about a week prior to your periods you may feel this way .
Majority of girls/woman feels like this and others maybe not.
Yes I felt like that when younger, as we are getting more and more into our adulthood . but I still use a hot water bottle on tummy area when I get this,and also a warm bath may also help you.

If you fine sitting or in bed then at moment do that untill you can obviously get a GP appointment as its best to go and talk things over with them and see what they give you ok, but obviously you will be attending school and you may feel this way there and if so I suggest speak to school nurse if there's one available.

Another thing it may not be connected to your periods because perhaps you pulled a muscle or a strain one but I can't say what it is ok as reason why you should really speak to your doctor on this as be in better position than myself to help you.
Reply 4
It will feel uncomfortable down there with cramps and soreness as sometimes about a week prior to your periods you may feel this way .
Majority of girls/woman feels like this and others maybe not.
Yes I felt like that when younger, as we are getting more and more into our adulthood . but I still use a hot water bottle on tummy area when I get this,and also a warm bath may also help you.

If you fine sitting or in bed then at moment do that untill you can obviously get a GP appointment as its best to go and talk things over with them and see what they give you ok, but obviously you will be attending school and you may feel this way there and if so I suggest speak to school nurse if there's one available.

Another thing it may not be connected to your periods because perhaps you pulled a muscle or a strain one but I can't say what it is ok as reason why you should really speak to your doctor on this as be in better position than myself to help you.

Okay, I did have a warm shower and that really helped!! I’ll give it a few days and I’ll try to see the school nurse tomorrow. Did this exact thing happen to you? I’m not in excruciating pain or anything. But did you get that same feeling: when you don’t move too much you are fine but when you move And try to sit dow it feels uncomfortable And hurts a little?
Okay, I did have a warm shower and that really helped!! I’ll give it a few days and I’ll try to see the school nurse tomorrow. Did this exact thing happen to you? I’m not in excruciating pain or anything. But did you get that same feeling: when you don’t move too much you are fine but when you move And try to sit dow it feels uncomfortable And hurts a little?

Ok,
So warm shower helped you which I said would do so, heat is a good factor in that area so if you do that then hopefully it will help settle things ok.
Yes similar thing happened to me when I tried that and I still apply heat when I get pain in tummy area nearer my periods which is by the way same as yours on 18th / 19th .
If not moving around its seems everything was ok but soon as you move you feel it all.
Ok see how it is ok in few days and if no difference seek help from your school nurse or GP ok,
PM if you wish ok.
Reply 6
Ok,
So warm shower helped you which I said would do so, heat is a good factor in that area so if you do that then hopefully it will help settle things ok.
Yes similar thing happened to me when I tried that and I still apply heat when I get pain in tummy area nearer my periods which is by the way same as yours on 18th / 19th .
If not moving around its seems everything was ok but soon as you move you feel it all.
Ok see how it is ok in few days and if no difference seek help from your school nurse or GP ok,
PM if you wish ok.

Okay that’s cool!
yes it’s when I move around A LOT that’s when I feel it! and thank you so much for the advice!! 🥺 have an amazing day!! Xx
Okay that’s cool!
yes it’s when I move around A LOT that’s when I feel it! and thank you so much for the advice!! 🥺 have an amazing day!! Xx

Okay
And glad you feeling better ok,
Just try heat more and if that's working for you then perhaps you need to do it more often to relief things.
Not a problem ok in trying to help you ok?
You to have amazing day xx
Reply 8
Okay
And glad you feeling better ok,
Just try heat more and if that's working for you then perhaps you need to do it more often to relief things.
Not a problem ok in trying to help you ok?
You to have amazing day xx

can i ask you one last question:
how long do you think this will last? my period is due on 18th.
should i take medication?
it's kinda bizarre because i've never had this feeling before x
can i ask you one last question:
how long do you think this will last? my period is due on 18th.
should i take medication?
it's kinda bizarre because i've never had this feeling before x

Its hard to say how long it will last because everyone is different when they have this problem ok
Usually things start about a week prior to periods starting and will last untill they are finished but this is about 12 days or so before yours are due to start,

Only person who can decide if you need any medication is your GP. Sometimes ( talk to your mum first on this ) paracetomal may help you ok.

The thing is although you not had this before could therefore be a one off but who know if this is the case.

Go speak to your mum about this and see what she says .
Its hard to say how long it will last because everyone is different when they have this problem ok
Usually things start about a week prior to periods starting and will last untill they are finished but this is about 12 days or so before yours are due to start,

Only person who can decide if you need any medication is your GP. Sometimes ( talk to your mum first on this ) paracetomal may help you ok.

The thing is although you not had this before could therefore be a one off but who know if this is the case.

Go speak to your mum about this and see what she says .

i will, honestly though, i feel A LOT BETTER COMPARED to Friday, so I'll see how it goes tmr.
i will, honestly though, i feel A LOT BETTER COMPARED to Friday, so I'll see how it goes tmr.

Hi
Good to hear you feeling much better than you were few days ago like,
What did you do to improve things except the warm shower.
Just keep eye on it and if need to go and speak to your mum and GP or school nurse as can't continue suffering if it happens again ok.
Remember you can PM instead of this way.
Take care ok.
Hi
Good to hear you feeling much better than you were few days ago like,
What did you do to improve things except the warm shower.
Just keep eye on it and if need to go and speak to your mum and GP or school nurse as can't continue suffering if it happens again ok.
Remember you can PM instead of this way.
Take care ok.

hey, i just had a warm shower and hot water bottle at night. By the way, I'm 100% better!! thank you sooo much :smile:
hey, i just had a warm shower and hot water bottle at night. By the way, I'm 100% better!! thank you sooo much :smile:

Hey

Good you doing that as it will help things ok.
Continue with hot water bottle at night as if you feel same when your periods start then hot water bottle will help the soreness ok,
GLAD you feeling 100% better ok,
You welcome ok and feel free to PM message me anytime ok.
But remember what I said about talking to your mum or GP ok.
Hey

Good you doing that as it will help things ok.
Continue with hot water bottle at night as if you feel same when your periods start then hot water bottle will help the soreness ok,
GLAD you feeling 100% better ok,
You welcome ok and feel free to PM message me anytime ok.
But remember what I said about talking to your mum or GP ok.

Okay thank you so much! You are so sweet 🥺 :smile:
Okay thank you so much! You are so sweet 🥺 :smile:

Hi
Only doing my job with helping okay

You welcome ok and you make sure you look after yourself and seek help when not feeling good x 😃

Quick Reply

Latest