Mx5 buyers guide

Watch
username5395306
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Anyone know anything about Mx5 and what i should look out for other than the Rust on sills and arches and chassis rails?
TheDE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Seat belt mounting points tend to rust also, small oil leaks are common but ensure engine doesn’t make a metallic tapping noise. Check rear parcel shelf for water ingress and see if the side mirrors are adjustable or seized.
username5395306
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheDE)
Seat belt mounting points tend to rust also, small oil leaks are common but ensure engine doesn’t make a metallic tapping noise. Check rear parcel shelf for water ingress and see if the side mirrors are adjustable or seized.
Aight then I'm fine I've also been checking them. Been told to. Check the passengers footwell to check if its damp or not. There's one near by me that looks in good shape for 1000 that I might check if it's sold soon and it has a couple of advisories on the rear brakes pipes being corroded and needing a new disk (but I might do the 2 disks at the rear at once)
TheDE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 7xm2)
Aight then I'm fine I've also been checking them. Been told to. Check the passengers footwell to check if its damp or not. There's one near by me that looks in good shape for 1000 that I might check if it's sold soon and it has a couple of advisories on the rear brakes pipes being corroded and needing a new disk (but I might do the 2 disks at the rear at once)
And I forgot to mention, take a bottle of water and pour it under the back window, then check to see if it’s running out of the holes under the sills at the rear of the doors. If the water does not run out then the gutters are blocked and the sills are probably seriously rusted inside
username5395306
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheDE)
And I forgot to mention, take a bottle of water and pour it under the back window, then check to see if it’s running out of the holes under the sills at the rear of the doors. If the water does not run out then the gutters are blocked and the sills are probably seriously rusted inside
cheers will look into it, also if i check the drainage holes to see if there blocked
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (187)
29.17%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.54%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
9.05%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.42%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.96%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (127)
19.81%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.93%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.12%

Watched Threads