The Student Room Group

Warm air from air vents with AC off

Hi,

I've noticed in the last week or so that warm air from the driver side vent and one in the middle give off warm air when the AC is off

Not as noticeable when AC is on but any ideas what might be causing it?
Reply 1
It's sunny outside...
yea, cars are warm :h:
Reply 3
Not exactly beach weather where I live btw so it just something I've noticed recently. Hands up I'm completely clueless about my car so this is probably one of those examples if that's the case.
Original post by Aky786UK
Not exactly beach weather where I live btw so it just something I've noticed recently. Hands up I'm completely clueless about my car so this is probably one of those examples if that's the case.

Well generally your car will put out engine heat through your cabin vents one way or another, even with the fan off. If you want it 'off' off you need to physically close the vents/fan off....but tbh it's generally better to let the air circulate a bit in general, most car manuals i've seen say not to close the airflow for long periods.
Reply 5
Hi,

I've noticed in the last week or so that warm air from the driver side vent and one in the middle give off warm air when the AC is off

Not as noticeable when AC is on but any ideas what might be causing it?

Do you not have temperature control
Reply 6
Original post by IWMTom
Do you not have temperature control

Yeah, which I use when AC is on but just this sudden drift of warm air from the vents caused me anxiety thinking there might be underlying issue
Reply 7
Yeah, which I use when AC is on but just this sudden drift of warm air from the vents caused me anxiety thinking there might be underlying issue

So what temperature setting have you selected?
Reply 8
Original post by IWMTom
So what temperature setting have you selected?

I think with the AC off it's set up for anything to come out of the vents front facing?
Reply 9
I think with the AC off it's set up for anything to come out of the vents front facing?

The temperature control doesn't require AC to be on......

Is the knob on the blue or red end?
^^^^
even if it's on 0 if the knob is on red, it will bring heat.

It's pulling normal air from outside, if it's warm outside then you're gonna get warm air (even if you've selected the coldest setting). To get the true cold air, switch on your Air Conditioning.
Reply 13
Original post by LTEcactus
Is the knob on the blue or red end?

I've got an Avensis 04 and it doesn't have a blue or red end as other cars may have.

Thanks for the replies, feeling much reassured it's what everyone has said as my quick Google search was leading me to the garage!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending