The Student Room Group

Movie recommendations

Any?
I like action, romance, romantic comedy, comedy, chick flicks, adventure, fantasy, martial arts, feel good movies, crime, thrillers

I do not like horror, and scary movies like taken, the call, it, insidious, annabelle etc. Please do not recommend any from this genre.

Movies I have liked previously in the spoiler:

Spoiler

Suggestions from this thread/my other thread:
In bold are ones still left to watch.
= Not going to watch

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

The movies you like I find very cringe. Apart from a few. So I would recommend you watch High school musical.
Original post by Suave Lad
The movies you like I find very cringe. Apart from a few. So I would recommend you watch High school musical.

I dislike High school musical. I enjoyed that when it first came about. I was around 10ish then

And I cannot think of any action movies I've watched lately, hence there are not any in the list.

Yes, sometimes I like cringe.
you should watch Inception.
The Binge
Or watch Goodfellas. Better choice.
you should watch Inception.

Original post by BlackkQueen12
The Binge

Or watch Goodfellas. Better choice.

Watched the trailers for these and for some reason am not feeling it.
Now checking out the trailer for the mechanic.
Reply 7
I actually quite enjoyed it when it first came out, even though I was a bit old for it..

I don't think we have quite the same taste in films, but if you want a site that basically has them all PM me
Do you like Disney animated fairytales or broadway musicals?
Ah I have already seen the mechanic. From what I remember I liked it.

Original post by ANM775
I actually quite enjoyed it when it first came out, even though I was a bit old for it..

I don't think we have quite the same taste in films, but if you want a site that basically has them all PM me

I only enjoyed it the first time round. Tried to rewatch but suppose I am too old for it? Just seemed babyish and I suppose I knew the storyline and all
Hamilton
Freedom Writers
The Outsiders
The Giver
Original post by londonmyst
Do you like Disney animated fairytales or broadway musicals?

Nope. I prefer human actors tbh
The Invisible Man.
Original post by gtty123
The Invisible Man.

Is that horror or thriller or scary?
Try, The Nice Guys.
Horror/Thriller.
Original post by BlackkQueen12
Hamilton
Freedom Writers
The Outsiders
The Giver

Maybe the trailers don't do these movies justice? ... ?
Original post by gtty123
Horror/Thriller.

Yes I should probably add that thriller and horror sets me into a state of shock and the trailer nearly did.
I cannot handle horror or thriller at all due to my past, and I am currently quite shaky now lol
whaaaaaa!!?
wow i loved these movies

uhm how about
A dogs purpose
A dogs journey
The 5 heartbeats
Mama Mia
Dustin Hoffman films!!!

Midnight Cowboy (my favourite), Rain Man (objectively best), The Graduate (the best ending)...Marathan Man is ok/good if you like James Bond style-films

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending