The Student Room Group

Now its " vote black lives matter"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8701509/Now-VOTE-Black-Lives-Matter-new-political-party-plans-contest-seats.html

I cant see the Tories taking a hit on it but it could be a bit disastrous for Labour numbers if this got legs.

If this had happened in the US it could have made the Democrats unelectable due to the higher percentage of blacks. They poll 87% of the black vote. They only need to see that drop to the high 70s for them to be toast. Luckily for them its probably too close to November.

Splitting the left wing vote would be a bad idea. Having said that they could do what UKIP did with the Tories and Brexit

Would you be willing to vote for BLM the Party?

Edit Sorry about the thread title. Shouldn't have C&Pd from the website.🙄
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

"Look at the manifesto of TTIP because it’s the future.’

:facepalm2:
I really don't see this going anywhere. UKIP is the closest analog, and it took them over a decade to gain any real relevance in British politics and they did that by running on a single-issue platform that ran contrary to the position of the other major political parties, which they then successfully fueled into an election-defining policy. A BLM-focussed party does not have that luxury, as the reduction and punishment of systemic racism is inevitably going to become a crucial element of every party's campaigning over the next few years into the run-up to the next election. They will have the advantage of a BAME leader, but that is offset by the notoriously poor turnout of young voters, their key target demographic, and the unfortunate role that tactical voting plays under our current system.

If I was a betting man, they'll fizzle into obscurity long before we enter the next election cycle.
(edited 3 years ago)
All the tories in the room must be pinching themselves right now...

Another left wing party to split the vote? Literally couldn't think of a better way to guarentee tory victories for the next few elections!

(Altohugh, 99% chance they will go like 99% of new parties do.. quickly into obscurity, only garnering hundreds of votes in the few seats they run in)
Original post by caravaggio2

Having said that they could do what UKIP did with the Tories and Brexit

The problem for Labour is that, unlike the Tories when UKIP emerged, they have already had their vote share carved up.. The rise of the SNP has done more damage to them then UKIP ever did to the conservatives, let alone the lib dems, greens and plaid, who all take seats that could be Labours. Unless they gained serious traction and started to get MPs to defect, they are way down the list of problems that Labour need to deal with.

The other point with UKIP is that they only succeded in changing tory policy because of Camerons gamble. They were never going to get the tories to leave europe, but they lucked out with Cameron deciding that he could have his cake and eat it by holding a referendum he was sure he would win. Without the refernedum option, they weren't getting anywhere with the tory party, despite how many votes they were managing to garner.

it really is very hard for new parties to emerge, and its really really hard for them to have any influence over the traiditonal parties.
Original post by fallen_acorns
All the tories in the room must be pinching themselves right now...

Another left wing party to split the vote? Literally couldn't think of a better way to guarentee tory victories for the next few elections!

(Altohugh, 99% chance they will go like 99% of new parties do.. quickly into obscurity, only garnering hundreds of votes in the few seats they run in)

Agreed. A BLM political party would only disperse the 'left-wing' vote further. I would imagine the younger Labour voters may be inclined to vote for a BLM party given Keir Starmer's leadership being so vastly different to Corbyn, and after the whole Momentum movement looks to have collapsed.

Labour are really in the sh*t if BLM scoop up much of the left-wing youth vote, not to mention the Green Party persuading some of the youth (XR supporters) to their party. Starmer appeals to the people who are unlikely to vote for him, which will backfire in the next election more so than in December 2019.

The reason right-wing politics has done rather well in the past decade or so is because its supporters are much more aligned with one another, in a more unified manner. If you're right-wing, you typically vote for the Tories. Conversely, if you're left-wing you have Labour, Lib Dems, SNP (Scotland) and Green (kind of irrelevant though), with the possibility of a BLM party now too. It doesn't matter how convincing the Left's policies are, their support is so dispersed one party is unlikely to ever do well. Also the Conservatives today take a similar stance to the likes of UKIP/Brexit Party on certain matters, which allows them to concentrate the right-wing vote further.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8701509/Now-VOTE-Black-Lives-Matter-new-political-party-plans-contest-seats.html

I cant see the Tories taking a hit on it but it could be a bit disastrous for Labour numbers if this got legs.

If this had happened in the US it could have made the Democrats unelectable due to the higher percentage of blacks. They poll 87% of the black vote. They only need to see that drop to the high 70s for them to be toast. Luckily for them its probably too close to November.

Splitting the left wing vote would be a bad idea. Having said that they could do what UKIP did with the Tories and Brexit

Sasha Johnson!

Another "my way or the highway" kind of person...

She was invited to be interviewed by a centre-left YouTuber, and it did seem like she wanted to get involved, but she was a no-show on the day.

She also called a black man a '****' because he disagreed with her.
Will this be their party slogan?

Twitter has suspended her account.
Original post by DiddyDec

Christ, there's hope yet. 😁
Christ, there's hope yet. 😁

She is a truly vile person.
Reply 10

I do find it amusing that this sorry excuse for a person has been allowed anywhere near a political party. With a history of racism and inciting insurrection.
On the flip side, this sounds like a cracking way to lose the deposit for running :lol:
Original post by Napp
I do find it amusing that this sorry excuse for a person has been allowed anywhere near a political party. With a history of racism and inciting insurrection.
On the flip side, this sounds like a cracking way to lose the deposit for running :lol:

I would love to see her in an actual political debate, one where she can't just insult the opponent.
Reply 12
I would love to see her in an actual political debate, one where she can't just insult the opponent.

I imagine something like this, nevertheless;
Odious woman.

Original post by Napp
Odious woman.

I did see that, is ****ing horrible. Nearly getting to Priti Patel levels of odious.
Reply 14
I did see that, is ****ing horrible. Nearly getting to Priti Patel levels of odious.

I'd say she seems to be doing pretty well at trouncing Patel, at least in select areas. Despite Patels myriad flaws (like hating poor people and foreigners) at least she hasnt busied herself with advocating a racial revolution like this, err, dear lady has :lol:
Original post by Napp
I'd say she seems to be doing pretty well at trouncing Patel, at least in select areas. Despite Patels myriad flaws (like hating poor people and foreigners) at least she hasnt busied herself with advocating a racial revolution like this, err, dear lady has :lol:

Priti Patel prefers trashing the rule of law which I would deem far worse than "My Little Revolutionary".
Original post by Napp
Odious woman.

Look at her eyes man... the anger... the hatred... the contempt... devoid of any reason or rationale ...

Jesus Christ...
Reply 17
Priti Patel prefers trashing the rule of law which I would deem far worse than "My Little Revolutionary".

It still boggles the mind anyone ever allowed her near a portfolio, bar her frothing advocacy for Brexit, she is woefully unqualified. And, as you noted, downright dangerous.
Reply 18

If they pull in the same number of votes as they attract to their protest marches, neither Labour nor the Tories have anything to worry about.

UKIP's single-issue platform (ie Euroscepticism) was also appealing to a sufficiently large percentage of the general public. BLM's socio-political positions are not, especially outside of the woke, metropolitan bubble.
You will notice that their website does not have any mention of the names of the individuals that run the party. Well, here's a video of the leader of this party, Sasha Johnson, a marxist and a feminist, racially abusing a black person who disagreed with her. This might explain why they don't want to expose the names of their leaders...

Top prime minister material.

She led the recent BLM march in London. People had banners calling the police pigs and calling for the police to be defunded...they came close to breaking out into fights with the police that attended the march.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending