The Student Room Group

Quacking the case to A*s - Y13 GYG 20/21

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Becca216
Update #1 - One week until I go back to school (probably)!

So it's probably fair to say I am not as prepared for Y13 as I could be - I am not very confident on half of the Y12 content and my personal statement is nearly non existent. So I am going to spend my last week of summer trying to get as prepared as possible.

Today has started off good, I have finished all the compulsory Physics Summer work, which included a test that I got 92% on :biggrin:, but I am still a long way behind a have some Past Paper Questions to do for all my subjects alongside revision. So the next week ahead I am going to try and do 4 hours on each subject to help get me 'back on top'.

I am still unsure about when I am meant to be going into college (it's a very long story so if you are interested it's in the spoiler below), but currently I am due to start next Thursday (10th).

Spoiler

So as a basic to do list, over the next week I am going to:
-Spend 8 hours on maths, which includes doing 3 Past papers and some integration revision
-Spend 4 hours on physics, mainly the past paper questions which we have been asked to do, but also some general revision if I get chance
-Spend 4 hours on geography, learning the key case studies from Y12;
-Start writing the first draft of my personal statement:poke:

PUN/JOKE TIME :woo:

If you have ever seen my blog you will know I love bad jokes/pun, so I am going to try and include one at the end of every update - just to try and spread a bit of happiness - they may be topical or they may be totally random :tongue:

Why did the maths book look so sad when school started again?

Spoiler

Hope everyone has a good week and if you are heading back to school - stay safe! :hugs:

Tags (I have also tagged anyone who followed my last GYG, let me know if you want to be tagged in the future or not)

Spoiler

ohhh to be able to do as much work as you :lol:
Good luck with college :biggrin:
im heading into yr10 and im nervous...
Reply 42
Original post by nikkiblonsky
im heading into yr10 and im nervous...

Enjoy year 10, it’s a nice year - you will have to learn all the content you are taught but it’s not as serious as Year 11. Make sure you get a good group of friends who aren’t going to fall out every 2 weeks and you will be fine :smile: If you need any particular advice feel free to ask.
I am also doing maths and further maths, how are you finding them?

Tag me please :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by StudentMania
I am also doing maths and further maths, how are you finding them?

Tag me please :smile:

So I did all of maths in year 12 and then all of Further Maths in year 13

I found maths good, I found bits such as parts of integration, but I am really excited for next year :biggrin:

And yes I’ll tag you :smile:
please tag me!!
Reply 46
Original post by clouddbubbles
please tag me!!

Will do!! :yep:
Original post by Becca216
Update #1 - One week until I go back to school (probably)!

So it's probably fair to say I am not as prepared for Y13 as I could be - I am not very confident on half of the Y12 content and my personal statement is nearly non existent. So I am going to spend my last week of summer trying to get as prepared as possible.

Today has started off good, I have finished all the compulsory Physics Summer work, which included a test that I got 92% on :biggrin:, but I am still a long way behind a have some Past Paper Questions to do for all my subjects alongside revision. So the next week ahead I am going to try and do 4 hours on each subject to help get me 'back on top'.

I am still unsure about when I am meant to be going into college (it's a very long story so if you are interested it's in the spoiler below), but currently I am due to start next Thursday (10th).

Spoiler

So as a basic to do list, over the next week I am going to:
-Spend 8 hours on maths, which includes doing 3 Past papers and some integration revision
-Spend 4 hours on physics, mainly the past paper questions which we have been asked to do, but also some general revision if I get chance
-Spend 4 hours on geography, learning the key case studies from Y12;
-Start writing the first draft of my personal statement:poke:

PUN/JOKE TIME :woo:

If you have ever seen my blog you will know I love bad jokes/pun, so I am going to try and include one at the end of every update - just to try and spread a bit of happiness - they may be topical or they may be totally random :tongue:

Why did the maths book look so sad when school started again?

Spoiler

Hope everyone has a good week and if you are heading back to school - stay safe! :hugs:

Tags (I have also tagged anyone who followed my last GYG, let me know if you want to be tagged in the future or not)

Spoiler

loved the pun and good luck with college! you'll hopefully get an idea of when you're starting soon :smile:
Good Luck this year. Add me to tag list please
Reply 49
Original post by jemima0103
Good Luck this year. Add me to tag list please

You too! Will do :smile:
ooh please tag me!! can't believe i haven't seen this before haha
Reply 51
Update 2: 3 days till I go back

So I have just received my timetable and some more information about going back so I thought I would do a little update :redface:
Usually, at my college, your timetable wont change between Y12 and 13 because of how the timetabling works, but I have been moved Maths/Further Maths classes which means mine has - there are positives and negatives to this. First of all the positive is that my timetable is now much nicer - I get to start late on Monday and finish earlier on a Friday. On the other hand, the negative is that my old maths/further maths class has been split up - I loved that class, they were one of the main reasons I stayed at college and managed to get through the first year :biggrin: The new class I am in - I know no one, and everyone in that class has had the last year to be able to get to know each other, I am trying to go in with a positive mindset - I'll let you know how it goes!

Timetable:

Spoiler

Secondly, we have been updated about the split (one week on, one week off) timetable as part of out local council areas have come out of lockdown - they are currently planning to do the split timetable for the first 2 weeks, just to get people back in and used to the new changes and also in hope that the areas that are still in local lockdown, come out.

My revision over the past few days has been good, I plan to continue that this week. I have also managed to meet up with some friends over the weekend, since my area is out of the local lockdown (eventually!).

I'll update this probably again on Friday with how my first day back went (Thursday).

Pun/Joke time :woo:
What do sheep like to do in the summer?

Spoiler

Hope you all have a great week - best of luck to anyone starting school! :rave:

Tags (Y'all must be quackers)

Spoiler

it's a shame you've been split up from your old class:frown: hopefully there'll be people from the old class in the new class?:redface: late starts and early finishes sound lovely though :yep:
Reply 53
Original post by absolutelysprout
it's a shame you've been split up from your old class:frown: hopefully there'll be people from the old class in the new class?:redface: late starts and early finishes sound lovely though :yep:

Unfortunately, I am the only one in my new class from my old class - there was 1 other person but they have since dropped further maths :frown: but I guess it will give me a chance to meet new people :biggrin:
Please tag me - I'm super curious!
Reply 55
Original post by emilynxlan
Please tag me - I'm super curious!

Will do :smile:
Love the pun:yy:
Glad you were able to meet up with some friends and hope you make new ones in your fm class!
glad you managed to see some friends! hope it all goes well for you in maths :biggrin:
I didn't seem to get a tag. Glad you managed to meet up with some friends :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by procrastinatingb
glad you managed to see some friends! hope it all goes well for you in maths :biggrin:

Thank you

Original post by StudentMania
I didn't seem to get a tag. Glad you managed to meet up with some friends :smile:

Oops, sorry, I forgot to add you to the OP, I’ll do it now :facepalm: and thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending