The Student Room Group

Quiz of the Week #5!

Scroll to see replies

1. Novichok
2. The Mayor (I hope he gave prior consent)
3. LGBT+ (a complete guess as being woke is in nowadays)
4. 30 October? (Day before Halloween)
5. Simon Case
6. 9.4m
7. Nicola Adams
8. Made a Facebook post encouraging people to attend an anti-lockdown protest
9. England and NI (a good example of how farcical the quarantine scheme is)
10. Leeds

I liked that quiz. I like news quizzes. It makes me feel better about my poor general knowledge.
Pens and pencils down everybody!
No more answers will be accepted beyond this point.

I shall post the correct answers next and then tot up the scores and publish the final totals in a few minutes.
Original post by Miss Maddie
1. Novichok
2. The Mayor (I hope he gave prior consent)
3. LGBT+ (a complete guess as being woke is in nowadays)
4. 30 October? (Day before Halloween)
5. Simon Case
6. 9.4m
7. Nicola Adams
8. Made a Facebook post encouraging people to attend an anti-lockdown protest
9. England and NI (a good example of how farcical the quarantine scheme is)
10. Leeds

I liked that quiz. I like news quizzes. It makes me feel better about my poor general knowledge.

Glad you've enjoyed it!
Question 1 - What agent did the German government say had been used to poison Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny?

Spoiler

Question 2 - Whose heart was found in a zinc casket placed inside a fountain named in his honour?

Spoiler

Question 3 - Star Trek announced two new characters who will be joining the Star Trek Discovery series for season 3. What is notable about them?

Spoiler

Question 4 - Star Wars also had some exciting news regarding the franchise’s popular series The Mandalorian. When is the first episode of the second season due to be released?

Spoiler

Question 5 - Who was this week appointed as the new cabinet secretary and head of the UK civil service?

Spoiler

Question 6 - How many workers have been put on the furlough scheme since March?

Spoiler

Question 7 - Strictly Come Dancing has been announcing its 2020 line up ahead of the start of the show in October. Which former Olympic boxer will be making Strictly history by competing with a same-sex partner?

Spoiler

Question 8 - Over in Australia, police controversially arrested the pregnant Zoe-Lee Buhler in her home in Victoria. What was she arrested for?

Spoiler

Question 9 - Which of the four nations of the United Kingdom have NOT put Portugal on the list of countries from which people coming into the country must self-isolate?

Spoiler

Question 10 - Which city has this week been added to the Public Health England list of areas of concern?

Spoiler

Here are the scores:

@Andrew97 8
@Miss Maddie 8
@04MR17 1

We have joint winners again this week! @BlinkyBill could you give the winners their rep when you are back in the office on Monday please?

A few notes on scoring:
For Q2, I accepted ‘Belgian mayor’ but wanted something a little more specific than ‘Mayor’. For Q3 I also wanted something a little more specific than just that they were LGBTQ+. For Q4, I accepted the month, and for Q5 I accepted anything between 9 and 10 million workers (inclusive). For Q8, I also wanted more specificity than ‘something to do with an anti-lockdown protest.
Missed this one, unfortunately. Maybe next week
Original post by Theloniouss
Missed this one, unfortunately. Maybe next week

Not to worry - as you say, there's always next week.
Original post by CatusStarbright
Actually we've popped Andrew in for then since he'll then be away for the two weeks after that. Would it be okay for you to do the week after (19th)?

Oh yes I'd forgotten that! :facepalm:

Actually thinking about it, 19th would probably work better for me anyway!
Original post by 04MR17
1 :awesome:

Better than none 😂
Original post by CatusStarbright
Here are the scores:

@Andrew97 8
@Miss Maddie 8
@04MR17 1

We have joint winners again this week! @BlinkyBill could you give the winners their rep when you are back in the office on Monday please?

A few notes on scoring:
For Q2, I accepted ‘Belgian mayor’ but wanted something a little more specific than ‘Mayor’. For Q3 I also wanted something a little more specific than just that they were LGBTQ+. For Q4, I accepted the month, and for Q5 I accepted anything between 9 and 10 million workers (inclusive). For Q8, I also wanted more specificity than ‘something to do with an anti-lockdown protest.

Congratulations @Andrew97 and @Miss Maddie! Your rep has now been awarded (100 for Miss Maddie and 200 for Andrew97 for this week and last week). :woo:
Original post by BlinkyBill
Congratulations @Andrew97 and @Miss Maddie! Your rep has now been awarded (100 for Miss Maddie and 200 for Andrew97 for this week and last week). :woo:

Thank you for doing that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending