The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Official Queen's University Belfast 2021 applicant thread

:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Queen's University Belfast for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I applied for the January 2021 intake. Anyone else?
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Hi everyone! :hello:

If you are thinking of applying to Queen's University Belfast for 2021, this is the perfect virtual event for you.

We will be hosting Undergraduate Virtual Open Days in place of our on-campus event on 10, 11 and 12 September from 12 - 6pm.

Find out more and book your virtual undergraduate festival pass here. (You could even win a year's free accommodation!)

See you there.

DRE20_APP_1080x567_A.jpg
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Juansebalonso
Hi, I applied for the January 2021 intake. Anyone else?

Original post by Manooka
:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Queen's University Belfast for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Hoping to apply for Midwifery. Currently in 2nd year of adult access. 😊
Reply 4
Hi there!

Hoping to apply for MSc in Human Resource Management in September 2021- just waiting for the applications to open! Fingers crossed. It's been 4 years since I did my undergrad so I'm nervous about getting in!!!
(edited 3 years ago)
Heyyy! Going to apply for BSc Pharmacology in sept 2021🤞🏼 Currently studying A Levels Chemistry, Biology and Maths
Reply 6
hey guys anyone here thinking about social work for 2021?
Hey,

I'm looking for some advice, I am applying for psychology in the 2021 series, but I feel my qualifications may be a huge problem, as I only do two A-Levels and a UAL extended diploma (equivalent to 3 A-Levels/ BTEC extended diploma), in which I am predicted a Merit.
In my two A-Levels, I am predicted an A and B.
(I am also eligible for a contextual offer)
I really wanted to apply to Queen's, but I know how many people apply here, so do you think it is likely I will not be accepted, given I don't have 3 A-Levels?

I would be really grateful if somebody could give me guidance on this or recommend places I could apply to.

Thank you!!
Original post by Anonymous
Hey,

I'm looking for some advice, I am applying for psychology in the 2021 series, but I feel my qualifications may be a huge problem, as I only do two A-Levels and a UAL extended diploma (equivalent to 3 A-Levels/ BTEC extended diploma), in which I am predicted a Merit.
In my two A-Levels, I am predicted an A and B.
(I am also eligible for a contextual offer)
I really wanted to apply to Queen's, but I know how many people apply here, so do you think it is likely I will not be accepted, given I don't have 3 A-Levels?

I would be really grateful if somebody could give me guidance on this or recommend places I could apply to.

Thank you!!

Hi there,

We hope you are keeping well.

If you contact our admissions team directly they will be able to advise you, Email them at [email protected] letting them know what you are currently studying and which degree you are interested in.

Wishing you all the best with your studies!

Team Queen's
(Kachela)
Hi, I just sent off my application on Monday (5th Oct) for Theoretical Physics. Does anyone know roughly when I would get reply? Just curious really.
Hi I'm Holly. I'm applying for Children's Nursing at Queen's. I studied Chemistry, Biology and Sociology at A-Level but I'm on a gap year this year and working as a healthcare assistant.
Reply 11
When should we expect offers? applying for European planning for September 2021
I’m not sure @mkmkmk1 I sent mine away I think 18 days ago and I haven’t got an acknowledgement email yet. My school said they generally reply quickly but maybe it’s just due to the current situation and maybe less staff.
Reply 13
I’m not sure @mkmkmk1 I sent mine away I think 18 days ago and I haven’t got an acknowledgement email yet. My school said they generally reply quickly but maybe it’s just due to the current situation and maybe less staff.

ah this would make sense! I dont know anyone who has applied here before so I had no clue on reply speed. I sent mine about a month ago.
I sent mine away a month ago also! fingers crossed, news comes in soon!
Original post by mkmkmk1
ah this would make sense! I dont know anyone who has applied here before so I had no clue on reply speed. I sent mine about a month ago.

Oh I see. Did you receive any acknowledgment email from Queens. I’ve just been a bit concerned about that. I got one from my other 4 choices. What did you apply for btw? Just wondering :smile:
Got an offer for English with Creative Writing yesterday! Didn't get an acknowledgment email so I'm guessing they don't send them? Good luck everyone :smile:
Original post by Caitliiiin_
Got an offer for English with Creative Writing yesterday! Didn't get an acknowledgment email so I'm guessing they don't send them? Good luck everyone :smile:

Ah okay thanks for letting me know about the acknowledgement stuff. Well done on your offer too. Hopefully hear back soon :smile:)
Reply 18
Oh I see. Did you receive any acknowledgment email from Queens. I’ve just been a bit concerned about that. I got one from my other 4 choices. What did you apply for btw? Just wondering :smile:

I haven't received any acknowledgement from QUB though I have from all my other choices. Applying for the planning course :smile:
hey! i didn't receive an acknowledgement email before i got my offer!
to hopefully give a lil insight to timing for anyone waiting for a response, i sent my application off on the 14th of october and got an offer on the 21st!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending