The Student Room Group

Visa processing times

Hi guys, I applied for my visa already and it’s been 10 working days since my visa appointment. They said it would take 10-15 working days so I’m not (that) worried about not getting it in time but I was still wondering how long it took those of you who applied recently to get your visas?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Khalifa_Taurus
Hi guys, I applied for my visa already and it’s been 10 working days since my visa appointment. They said it would take 10-15 working days so I’m not (that) worried about not getting it in time but I was still wondering how long it took those of you who applied recently to get your visas?

Have moved your thread into international study for you :bump:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Have moved your thread into international study for you :bump:

But I was talking about getting my UK Tier 4 visa. I'm an international student about to study in the UK. Isn't the International Study section for threads about people in the UK wanting to study in places outside the UK?
But I was talking about getting my UK Tier 4 visa. I'm an international student about to study in the UK. Isn't the International Study section for threads about people in the UK wanting to study in places outside the UK?

international lounge doesn't get many views so that's why I've moved it for you :smile:
and is in the process of being closed but this will take some time!
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
international lounge doesn't get many views so that's why I've moved it for you :smile:
and is in the process of being closed but this will take some time!

Ooooh I see, thanks!
Reply 5
8 days since applicationSri lankaStill no decision for me.
Reply 6
It's been two weeks since my biometrics appointment. I'm worried that I won't get my passport back before my flight in ten days.
Original post by swgamer4
8 days since applicationSri lankaStill no decision for me.

Thanks for the info, I'm sure you'll get it in a few days hopefully!
Original post by MayJuly
It's been two weeks since my biometrics appointment. I'm worried that I won't get my passport back before my flight in ten days.

I'm in the same situation except I haven't booked my flight, but the flight I really want to be on is in 6 days :frown: If two weeks have passed for both of us then we should be getting our passports back this week
Reply 9
Original post by MayJuly

Mayjuly u should call em if its been 15 days.I contacted them through email costs about 6GBP and they said application still being considered and give it 15days so I got a reply on status within 6 hours of email.
Reply 10
I got an email from the university: "On 6 Sep 2020 the Home Office advised this office that the status of your CAS xxxx is now USED. This normally means your visa application is being considered. " Does anyone know how many days it takes to make a decision? I haven't heard anything from the Home Office.

Update: Just got my visa! It took a total of 14 working days and I got the email confirmation at 3pm local time (1pm British Summer time). Thankfully I was able to collect it the same day I got the confirmation from VFS so I'm all set for my flight on the 12th!
Reply 12
Update: Just got my visa! It took a total of 14 working days and I got the email confirmation at 3pm local time (1pm British Summer time). Thankfully I was able to collect it the same day I got the confirmation from VFS so I'm all set for my flight on the 12th!

Congrats! Happy for you. Now I'm seriously worried because I'll have to wait VFS to mail my passport and that may take several days. BTW, was your email confirmation sent from the Home Office or from VFS?
Original post by MayJuly
Congrats! Happy for you. Now I'm seriously worried because I'll have to wait VFS to mail my passport and that may take several days. BTW, was your email confirmation sent from the Home Office or from VFS?

Thank you! Don't be worried, I know a girl who did her visa around the same time as me and chose the courier option, she got it the very next day after receiving the email. My email came from VFS not the HO.
Original post by MayJuly
I got an email from the university: "On 6 Sep 2020 the Home Office advised this office that the status of your CAS xxxx is now USED. This normally means your visa application is being considered. " Does anyone know how many days it takes to make a decision? I haven't heard anything from the Home Office.

I got a version of that exact email. Have you heard anything since? Or does anyone here have a sense of how long it might take to receive a decision after one's CAS has been used?
It's almost been 3 weeks since my biometrics appointment and I'm getting a bit worried as I'm supposed to be on a flight on Monday : p
3 weeks jesus christ. Call their hotline and complain. Scary af I am 11 working days in. Can u tell me how many working days (no weekends) its been.
Reply 16
Original post by DragonWrite
I got a version of that exact email. Have you heard anything since? Or does anyone here have a sense of how long it might take to receive a decision after one's CAS has been used?
It's almost been 3 weeks since my biometrics appointment and I'm getting a bit worried as I'm supposed to be on a flight on Monday : p

Nothing ever since. Please update.
Reply 17
3 weeks jesus christ. Call their hotline and complain. Scary af I am 11 working days in. Can u tell me how many working days (no weekends) its been.

I had biometrics appointment on 24 August.
Original post by MayJuly
I had biometrics appointment on 24 August.

You should get it on tmoz or monday(Its only been 13working days for you if I am correct).FFS if i dont get it tmoz i cant catch a flight till 16th.
Original post by MayJuly
Nothing ever since. Please update.

I don't have much to update unfortunately :/ My biometrics appointment was midday on Aug. 21st and the email I received like yours said "On 3 Sep 2020 the Home Office advised this office that the status of your CAS ... is now USED." I received an email yesterday telling me about how my biometrics card will be delivered in UK (which might be a good sign on the visa decision?), but nothing explicitly about my Visa status or when I'll receive it/get my passport back (and the tracking number they gave me for my passport hasn't been used/updated yet). I'll let you know when I have further updates!

If I'm counting correctly, it's been 14 working days since my appointment. If I'm applying from outside of the UK, do you know if it's the visa/global partner I would contact or the UK border agency?

Keeping fingers crossed that we all get our Visas in time!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending