The Student Room Group

Confirmed ucs student 20/21

I've been accepted into Medical Science at Shrewsbury for Sept 2020.
I'm just trying to find people on my course or at least a science related course.

Since I took a foundation year, some my classmates are moving with me to Shrewsbury from Chester. Although it would be nice to meet some new people.
Hello, I’m studying medical science this September also, except I’m starting my foundation year. How did you find the foundation year? I’ve been told the class size will be quite small, is it mixed students going on to study science related degrees? Or is the foundation year solely students going on to study medical science? Thanks,Daniel.
Reply 2
Original post by DanielO’Brien
Hello, I’m studying medical science this September also, except I’m starting my foundation year. How did you find the foundation year? I’ve been told the class size will be quite small, is it mixed students going on to study science related degrees? Or is the foundation year solely students going on to study medical science? Thanks,Daniel.

Hello,
The foundation year is easier then alevels. The maths module was GCSE level to be honest.
In order to pass the year, you have to achieve atleast 20% in each module.
My modules were:
- maths
-biology
-chemistry
-health studies
-study skills
-independent project

Last year, it was only me and one other student studying medical science in foundation. You will be in the 'life science' group. This includes students studying biomedical science, sport, zoology, animal behaviour etc.

The rooms, class size and teaching methods were similar to high school. Each "lecture" was 3 hours long with a small break in the middle.

*You will be in chester for the foundation year and then move to Shrewsbury for the actual medical science course*

Anything else you would like to know?
Original post by sjcb_
Hello,
The foundation year is easier then alevels. The maths module was GCSE level to be honest.
In order to pass the year, you have to achieve atleast 20% in each module.
My modules were:
- maths
-biology
-chemistry
-health studies
-study skills
-independent project

Last year, it was only me and one other student studying medical science in foundation. You will be in the 'life science' group. This includes students studying biomedical science, sport, zoology, animal behaviour etc.

The rooms, class size and teaching methods were similar to high school. Each "lecture" was 3 hours long with a small break in the middle.

*You will be in chester for the foundation year and then move to Shrewsbury for the actual medical science course*

Anything else you would like to know?

That’s great thanks for getting back to me!
Also I hope I’m not supposed to be attending Chester it says Guildhall on my timetable, that’s at Shrewsbury isn’t it?
Reply 4
Original post by DanielO’Brien
That’s great thanks for getting back to me!
Also I hope I’m not supposed to be attending Chester it says Guildhall on my timetable, that’s at Shrewsbury isn’t it?

Guildhall is the university building in Shrewsbury.

Are you sure you're studying a foundation year? Maybe you're just doing the 3 year med sci degree?
ALL foundation year students from both Chester and Shrewsbury are taught at the Chester campus. As shrew doesnt have the room or staff for it?

I would contact the university for confirmation.
Hope everything goes well for you.
Original post by sjcb_
Guildhall is the university building in Shrewsbury.

Are you sure you're studying a foundation year? Maybe you're just doing the 3 year med sci degree?
ALL foundation year students from both Chester and Shrewsbury are taught at the Chester campus. As shrew doesnt have the room or staff for it?

I would contact the university for confirmation.
Hope everything goes well for you.

Hey,

Yeah it’s definitely being taught in Shrewsbury, I spoke with Elizabeth to confirm, it’s the first year it’s being run at UCS.
Thanks me too!

Daniel.
Reply 6
want does is mathwach do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending