The Student Room Group
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

Official Teesside University 2021 applicant thread

:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Teesside University for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

I applied for Diagnostic Radiography earlier today, looking forward to seeing who else is applying here!
Currently studying for October resits of biology and maths, hoping for BB, AC or AB. Already got CCC in bio, maths and physics. Hopefully everything will be worth it in the end. Still a bit salty about that biology grade C though, I was predicted an A!
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Original post by FerretPun
I applied for Diagnostic Radiography earlier today, looking forward to seeing who else is applying here!
Currently studying for October resits of biology and maths, hoping for BB, AC or AB. Already got CCC in bio, maths and physics. Hopefully everything will be worth it in the end. Still a bit salty about that biology grade C though, I was predicted an A!

Good luck @FerretPun - that's great. Fingers are crossed for you! :crossedf::smile:
anyone doing chem eng 1st year? and where are you from?
Original post by Teesside University

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Teesside University for 2021!

Applied a week ago for Midwifery with a January 2021 start!

Applying as a mature student, having already had completed an undergraduate psychology degree.

Any ideas on the timelines for interviews/offers when you apply for the January rather than September 2021 intake?
Original post by danuuutka
Applied a week ago for Midwifery with a January 2021 start!

Applying as a mature student, having already had completed an undergraduate psychology degree.

Any ideas on the timelines for interviews/offers when you apply for the January rather than September 2021 intake?

Hi @danuuutka :smile:

Midwifery closed some time back for January 2021 so you wouldn't have been able to apply for that recently. The course is already full for this cycle - the next intake for midwifery at Teesside University is September 2021.

If you need to ask us anything please just drop us an email to our School of Health & Life Sciences admissions team on [email protected] and we'll help.

Thanks!
Reply 6
Hey! I’ve recently had an interview for MSc Dietetics and I’m waiting to hear back if I’ve been offered a place for January 2021. Is anyone else in the same position as me? 😊
Original post by Wils91
Hey! I’ve recently had an interview for MSc Dietetics and I’m waiting to hear back if I’ve been offered a place for January 2021. Is anyone else in the same position as me? 😊

Congratulations for reaching interview stage :smile: - hope it went well!
Hi all :flower2:

If you're doing your research ahead of the January 15 UCAS deadline for 2021 entry you might like to join us at an upcoming online open day to ask your questions.

You can expect virtual tours, presentations, videos and the opportunity to put any questions to academic and support staff through live online chats :cyber:

If you live with your friends or family, they are welcome to take part with you :redface:

Next up...

14 November, 10.00am - 2.00pm, book here
9 January, 10.00am - 2.00pm, book here

We'll look forward to you joining us from the comfort of your home to find out about Teesside University :smile:

Hi, I’ve applied for Sport & Exercise Science, currently doing an access to science course at riverside college. Got my email from the admissions team today to say they have my application 🤞🏽
Do you know how long sport and exercise usually take to offer a place or reject? Just so I don’t obsessively log in to track every 5 hours of the day 🤣👍🏼
Thanks.
Original post by Natasha2021
Hi, I’ve applied for Sport & Exercise Science, currently doing an access to science course at riverside college. Got my email from the admissions team today to say they have my application 🤞🏽
Do you know how long sport and exercise usually take to offer a place or reject? Just so I don’t obsessively log in to track every 5 hours of the day 🤣👍🏼
Thanks.

Hi Natasha.

Thanks for getting in touch and glad to hear you've applied to study with us 😊 It can definitely be an anxious time waiting to hear back, but at this time of year it is a case of weeks rather than days for processing because of the volume of applications, so don't wear out that refresh button! 😅 Once the admissions team have made the decision and processed at this end it will update on UCAS Track within 24 hours.

Best of luck with the application 😁
Dan
Hi Natasha.

Thanks for getting in touch and glad to hear you've applied to study with us 😊 It can definitely be an anxious time waiting to hear back, but at this time of year it is a case of weeks rather than days for processing because of the volume of applications, so don't wear out that refresh button! 😅 Once the admissions team have made the decision and processed at this end it will update on UCAS Track within 24 hours.

Best of luck with the application 😁
Dan

Great thanks Dan 👍🏼
Stepping away from UCAS track 🤣 will definitely just wait patiently now I know.
Thanks for replying,
Natasha.
I've got an interview on Wednesday evening! Looking forward to it, but kinda nervous too since it's my first interview! Fingers crossed it goes well...
Original post by FerretPun
I've got an interview on Wednesday evening! Looking forward to it, but kinda nervous too since it's my first interview! Fingers crossed it goes well...

Good luck! 😃
Hi

I am Applying for Law with a foundation year

I currently study Btec Business

- Denni
Good afternoon all!
I have applied for child nursing. Had my interview a week ago and I really don't think I have done well. Despite preparing so much nerves took over to the point of no return. Does anyone know how long it will be until I hear back, successful or not I want to know!
Thanks all and good luck with all your applications!
Has anyone heard from Sport and Exercise? Applied a month ago now still nothing? The silence kills I heard from Sunderland the same day I applied 🤣😭
Reply 17
Hallo!

I'm going to be doing Crime Scene Science starting next September (providing I get the grades of course). I was wondering, when would be the best time to apply for accommodation? Both me and my sibling are interested in staying in the West Parkside Village accommodation, and we wanna be as prepared as possible.

I was also wondering, if I miss out on the required UCAS points just slightly (say, get 104 instead of 112), would there be the chance of getting in still? Or would I have to do something like applying for the course with foundation year through Clearing?
Reply 18
Hi!I've applied for 2021 intake and have my interview tomorrow!Looking forward to it :-)
Original post by Maxxeen
Hallo!

I'm going to be doing Crime Scene Science starting next September (providing I get the grades of course). I was wondering, when would be the best time to apply for accommodation? Both me and my sibling are interested in staying in the West Parkside Village accommodation, and we wanna be as prepared as possible.

I was also wondering, if I miss out on the required UCAS points just slightly (say, get 104 instead of 112), would there be the chance of getting in still? Or would I have to do something like applying for the course with foundation year through Clearing?

Hi Maxxeen :smile:

We usually open applications for accommodation in May - everybody who has an offer to study with us will receive an accommodation email around that time which will outline how you can apply.

In terms of the UCAS points, if you don't meet the conditions of your offer then we will not automatically reject you - it will go to the admissions team before results day (we get the results a few days before you so we can do this) and they will see what grades you got in which subjects and make a decision on whether to give you a place on Year 1 anyway, or whether it is necessary to make you an alternative offer for the foundation year.

Hope this helps 😊
Dan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending