The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IWads
Of course :smile:. I applied for Folkestone and Dover! South East :smile:.

It would be interesting to know how many posts are available in each area!!
Good luck!! Do keep us posted 😁
Reply 61
Original post by LyndsayBy7
It would be interesting to know how many posts are available in each area!!
Good luck!! Do keep us posted 😁

Definitely! Ah thank you very much, yes I will let you guys know😄
Reply 62
Original post by IWads
Definitely! Ah thank you very much, yes I will let you guys know😄

Hi everyone, I scored a 27 overall therefore was unsuccessful. Gutted, but thank you all for your support and I wish you all the best of luck in your new careers.
Original post by Pippa1808
Hey guys, I did my interview 3 weeks ago and heard today I would be in the reserve list and then few hours later got a provisional offer so I think it's all starting to move quicker now

Wow that's fantastic, congratulations!! Where have you applied for?
Thank you!! How is your application going? My offer is for Folkestone

I just had the email last week to say I was on the waiting list! I've applied for Teesport, haven't seen anyone else apply for that? There'll probably be more vacancies in the south!, Wonder of they're filling those first?!
Congratulations again!
Reply 65
Hi All,

Has anyone reserved been given a provisional as of yet? Predominantly London or South based.
Does anyone know of anyone doing this job at the moment? Just wondering if anyone knows how often and how long the deployments tend to be?

1 week, I believe once on a set of 'nights' more if urgent.
Thank you, so is that a week of night shifts in a row but coming home after each shift or do you mean be away for a week? Just wondering how often and how long I might be away from home

I've been told you do earliest and lates in your region. Nights is the week you can get deployed away. Doesn't mean night shifts. But you could be away for the whole 7 days. Travel to and from on the first and last day so therefore 5 days at work between travelling. It depends on your pattern, based on mine think it could be once in roughly 5 weeks. But there are caveats. Business needs, urgent situations or if you travel to a place which is outside of safe driving hours you'll stay in a hotel and then spend the week there. Even if you live X amount of hours away.
Reply 68
Could anyone shed some light on travel, do you have to travel in your own vehicle or do they supply work vehicles for deployments? I know that you would have to use your own vehicle to get to and from your home base but wasn't sure on the deployment side.
I have applied Teesport too 👍🏼Just waiting on SC
Yes we can 🙂. Can I ask where you've applied for? I've applied for Teesport which is North East, haven't seen many on her apply for anything Northern!
Original post by lawro1983
I have applied Teesport too 👍🏼Just waiting on SC

Excellent!! Congratulations!! I still haven't heard anything yet, let me know when you do!
Original post by JB9719
Could anyone shed some light on travel, do you have to travel in your own vehicle or do they supply work vehicles for deployments? I know that you would have to use your own vehicle to get to and from your home base but wasn't sure on the deployment side.

Deployments are in work vehicles.
Reply 72
I have been on the reserve list since 02 July for the RTF role, however, today I have been given a provisional offer for a different role at Gatwick for international trade activity. I am thinking to decline this offer since this looks too administrative and dry, not like the one I originally applied for.

Anyone else received something similar?

(I scored 31 in the interview for the post advertised in May 2020)
It's a foot in the door and a good way of getting to know the department! It just depends if your confident enough that you'll get another offer in the 12 months your on the reserve list.
I haven't seen anything else like this.
Original post by bil99
I have been on the reserve list since 02 July for the RTF role, however, today I have been given a provisional offer for a different role at Gatwick for international trade activity. I am thinking to decline this offer since this looks too administrative and dry, not like the one I originally applied for.

Take the first job you are offered if the distance is reasonable. In this climate you don’t know: when or if you will receive another offer from a reserve list 👍
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 75
It's a foot in the door and a good way of getting to know the department! It just depends if your confident enough that you'll get another offer in the 12 months your on the reserve list.
I haven't seen anything else like this.

Thanks. I understand something is better than nothing, however after careful consideration, I have decided to decline the offer.

I am already working in HMRC and have a job which I like, also I have been on a reserve list for three other roles (2 EO grade and 1 SO grade). So taking my chances here and hoping for the best!!
Well if you already have a job you like it's all good! You'll get the one you're supposed to!
Original post by bil99
Thanks. I understand something is better than nothing, however after careful consideration, I have decided to decline the offer.

I am already working in HMRC and have a job which I like, also I have been on a reserve list for three other roles (2 EO grade and 1 SO grade). So taking my chances here and hoping for the best!!

Thats fair enough if you are already in one of the doors. Best stay there till you find your ideal role.
Reply 78
Original post by bil99

I received an offer today for the RTF role at Gatwick but will ask to stay on the reserve list for a role closer to home. I’ve recently had some personal changes meaning I am unable to venture to Gatwick, maybe challenge HR and ask if there was a possibility of changing to the RTF role since I am not.
Reply 79
Original post by JB9719
I received an offer today for the RTF role at Gatwick but will ask to stay on the reserve list for a role closer to home. I’ve recently had some personal changes meaning I am unable to venture to Gatwick, maybe challenge HR and ask if there was a possibility of changing to the RTF role since I am not.

Thank you. Yes I will contact them and let see what they say. Did you apply for the May 2020 applications? May I ask what were your interview scores?

Latest

Trending

Trending