The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

University of Hertfordshire - Stage 3

To anyone studying at the University of Hertfordshire - if I can access my Timetables, does that mean I have fully registered on the course? I haven't received a third email but I can view everything? I'm really confused AND also concerned cause I'm pretty sure you need to have completed stage three for sfe to know that you're on the course and are going to need the maintenance loan? Ive emailed the uni five days ago and they still haven't responded

Scroll to see replies

Do you have access to Student Record?, if you do then if you login using your StudyNet details, you should be able to see your registration status. Hope this helps! :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Original post by JamThatJam
Do you have access to Student Record?, if you do then if you login using your StudyNet details, you should be able to see your registration status. Hope this helps! :smile:

Hello, thank you for your response! On my status it says 'self registered' - does this mean that everything is done? Thank you again ! 😄
I wanted to ask how you access the wifi at the university of hertfordshire. Apparently you have to use something called eduroam however i'm not sure and a bit confused. If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it xx
Original post by Teenage_Jealousy
Hello, thank you for your response! On my status it says 'self registered' - does this mean that everything is done? Thank you again ! 😄

Self registered means that you still have one more stage to complete. If you're a returning student, all you have to do is to log in to SudyNet, and you should be fully registered. If you're a first year, then it you may need to send them some additional documents such as your ID.

Original post by Anonymous
I wanted to ask how you access the wifi at the university of hertfordshire. Apparently you have to use something called eduroam however i'm not sure and a bit confused. If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it xx

Are you on campus already? eduroam is the wifi that we're supposed to use, where you have to log in using your StudyNet login details.
Self registered means that you still have one more stage to complete. If you're a returning student, all you have to do is to log in to SudyNet, and you should be fully registered. If you're a first year, then it you may need to send them some additional documents such as your ID.

Are you on campus already? eduroam is the wifi that we're supposed to use, where you have to log in using your StudyNet login details.

nope, not on campus yet, will be going on monday 21st september and I received an email from my lecturer saying we needed to bring a device to connect to the wifi via eduroam. little confused about it all as im not the most tech savvy.

Also, I have received my timetable, what is the difference between lectures, workshops and seminars and how do I tell which ones will be face to face teaching and which ones will be online (none of my lectures have room numbers, some of my workshops have room numbers but not all of them and same with my seminars, some have room numbers, some dont) (does this mean lectures will be online as they do not have a room number and also the seminars and workshops that don't have room numbers will these be online?)
nope, not on campus yet, will be going on monday 21st september and I received an email from my lecturer saying we needed to bring a device to connect to the wifi via eduroam. little confused about it all as im not the most tech savvy.

Also, I have received my timetable, what is the difference between lectures, workshops and seminars and how do I tell which ones will be face to face teaching and which ones will be online (none of my lectures have room numbers, some of my workshops have room numbers but not all of them and same with my seminars, some have room numbers, some dont) (does this mean lectures will be online as they do not have a room number and also the seminars and workshops that don't have room numbers will these be online?)

Eduroam is just the name of the WiFi that the uni uses (like BT or Sky). It's not complicated to set up as all you would have to do is log in, using the same details that you used to log into StudyNet.

Normally, lectures are delivered to bigger groups of students. In lectures, it is normally when a professor lectures the cohort about a certain topic for what normally lasts up to an hour. You would typically make notes in lectures. It's a bit different this year, where most big lectures will be held online. Seminars are held in smaller groups. In a seminar you will have more freedom to discuss the topic (this normally follows on from the lecture). You would also have the opportunity to discuss the topic with other students and the professor. You are also sometimes given a reading to do before the seminar, which will then be done in the session. Seminars typically last 2 hours at Herts. Workshops are longer than seminars and they're a lot more practical. You will be doing more practical work as opposed to the theoretical work that you would do in a seminar or lecture. These can be up to 3 hours.

On our timetable, if they haven't given you a room number it would mean that the session would be held online no matter what type of session it is (normally this is the case for lectures). If they've given you a room number, it would mean that you will have either a seminar or workshop in that room.

Hope all of this helps! :smile:
Eduroam is just the name of the WiFi that the uni uses (like BT or Sky). It's not complicated to set up as all you would have to do is log in, using the same details that you used to log into StudyNet.

Normally, lectures are delivered to bigger groups of students. In lectures, it is normally when a professor lectures the cohort about a certain topic for what normally lasts up to an hour. You would typically make notes in lectures. It's a bit different this year, where most big lectures will be held online. Seminars are held in smaller groups. In a seminar you will have more freedom to discuss the topic (this normally follows on from the lecture). You would also have the opportunity to discuss the topic with other students and the professor. You are also sometimes given a reading to do before the seminar, which will then be done in the session. Seminars typically last 2 hours at Herts. Workshops are longer than seminars and they're a lot more practical. You will be doing more practical work as opposed to the theoretical work that you would do in a seminar or lecture. These can be up to 3 hours.

On our timetable, if they haven't given you a room number it would mean that the session would be held online no matter what type of session it is (normally this is the case for lectures). If they've given you a room number, it would mean that you will have either a seminar or workshop in that room.

Hope all of this helps! :smile:

thx so much, that was incredibly helpful! My lecturer said apparently you have to install eduroam onto your windows 10 laptop and phone but im not to sure how to do it, do you already go to herts or are you starting in sept, if you already go herts, how did you do the whole eduroam thing?
thx so much, that was incredibly helpful! My lecturer said apparently you have to install eduroam onto your windows 10 laptop and phone but im not to sure how to do it, do you already go to herts or are you starting in sept, if you already go herts, how did you do the whole eduroam thing?

I'm a third year, this is the link to install it https://ask.herts.ac.uk/set-up-eduroam-wireless
thx you so much xx
Hi, i completed stage 1 registration and stage 2 requires you to upload your driving license photo, however, I just applied for my driving license and it hasn't come through the post yet (takes 2 weeks) and my course starts in 2 weeks. I've emailed the uni 2 days ago and am still waiting for a response. What should I do as I also want to defer :frown:
Hi, i completed stage 1 registration and stage 2 requires you to upload your driving license photo, however, I just applied for my driving license and it hasn't come through the post yet (takes 2 weeks) and my course starts in 2 weeks. I've emailed the uni 2 days ago and am still waiting for a response. What should I do as I also want to defer :frown:

yh same man. im starting next week and they haven't replied to my emails. what course are you studying?
yh same man. im starting next week and they haven't replied to my emails. what course are you studying?

The instructions I received said, after the self register. You have to wait till the official start day (21st for business school I believe) and then login to study net. It should trigger full registration and then your student finance will come through after the initial (student finance England) wait period after confirmation.

Good luck, I’m sure it’ll go fine.

They finally responded to my email 2 weeks later smh. They said to upload the other documents and to upload my driving license after I receive it. I'm studying politics & international relations. Wbu?

if it's urgent, dm them on insta. I did that and I got an instant reply
They finally responded to my email 2 weeks later smh. They said to upload the other documents and to upload my driving license after I receive it. I'm studying politics & international relations. Wbu?

Ohh I did that too but they haven’t emailed me saying it’s correct. I’m studying biomed. But I’m confused about the timetable and when we go into uni.
if it's urgent, dm them on insta. I did that and I got an instant reply

What’s their username?
it's @uniofherts
Ohh I did that too but they haven’t emailed me saying it’s correct. I’m studying biomed. But I’m confused about the timetable and when we go into uni.

is your timetable blank?
is your timetable blank?

nope, my timetable has all my lectures, workshops and seminars in the boxes along with my modules

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending