The Student Room Group

Who were Pig, J, and Acaila?

Were they tsr famous :smile: They had a few emojis made after them so I guess they were?

Did something happen in HQ for these emojis to be created? i'm very curious :colondollar:

:acaila:

:cockup:
:jfault:

:plugin:

My guess is Pig went on holiday and something happened to TSR... :biggrin: J and Acaila got blamed for this whilst Pig was absent and
... :iiam:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Chronoscope
Were they tsr famous :smile: They had a few emojis made after them so I guess they were?

Did some happen in HQ for these emojis to be created i'm very curious :colondollar:

:acaila:

:cockup:
:jfault:

My guess is Pig went on holiday and something happened to TSR... :biggrin: J and Acaila got blamed for this whilst Pig was absent and
... :iiam:

Dear Chronoscope,
Thank you for your query regarding TSR History.
Please allow myself and the community to tag some experts who may be able to assist you here:
@04MR17 @AngryJellyfish @the bear @Plantagenet Crown etc.
Have fun,
Cheese :bump:
Those that know, know :smug:
Hold my beer
mmeg.jpg

i can't remember :redface:
Before we had:
Community Staff, Volunteer Section Leaders and Volunteer Team
We used to have:
Community Team, Section Leaders and Support Team
And before that, we had:
Admins, Supermods and Mods

Red people = Paid Employees of TSR
Cyan & Purple people = Not paid employees of TSR

Acaila was a mod from November 2005 - October 2006; and a Supermod afterwards until July 2009

pig became a mod in January 2005, progressed to supermod in May of that year and became an admin in October 2005 - he left in April 2007

J joined TSR as an admin in November 2006 and stayed until 2013 (replaced by @Captain Jack)

There was some drama in 2007 which resulted in pig leaving. Something about PMs being looked at by other people I think. Acaila and J were involved in the skirmish, hence the fault emojis.

Lots of people liked pig and what pig had done with the site (bit of a technical wizzkid) and so a lot of the featured he'd created were site plugins from pig. When he left, he took his plugins with them. And many TSR users were sad about those missing features hence....

Pig being a technical wizzkid means that certain problems were blamed on pig not being there to solve them - hence the cockup emoji.
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Dear Chronoscope,
Thank you for your query regarding TSR History.
Please allow myself and the community to tag some experts who may be able to assist you here:
@04MR17 @AngryJellyfish @the bear @Plantagenet Crown etc.
Have fun,
Cheese :bump:

:giggle: :jumphug: :ta:
Original post by Democracy
Those that know, know :smug:

But... but knowledge is power :sad:
Original post by 04MR17
Hold my beer

:colondollar:

Original post by the bear
mmeg.jpg

i can't remember :redface:

the mystery continues :sad:

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by 04MR17
Before we had:
Community Staff, Volunteer Section Leaders and Volunteer Team
We used to have:
Community Team, Section Leaders and Support Team
And before that, we had:
Admins, Supermods and Mods

Red people = Paid Employees of TSR
Cyan & Purple people = Not paid employees of TSR

Acaila was a mod from November 2005 - October 2006; and a Supermod afterwards until July 2009

pig became a mod in January 2005, progressed to supermod in May of that year and became an admin in October 2005 - he left in April 2007

J joined TSR as an admin in November 2006 and stayed until 2013 (replaced by @Captain Jack)

There was some drama in 2007 which resulted in pig leaving. Something about PMs being looked at by other people I think. Acaila and J were involved in the skirmish, hence the fault emojis.

Lots of people liked pig and what pig had done with the site (bit of a technical wizzkid) and so a lot of the featured he'd created were site plugins from pig. When he left, he took his plugins with them. And many TSR users were sad about those missing features hence....

Pig being a technical wizzkid means that certain problems were blamed on pig not being there to solve them - hence the cockup emoji.

:adore: :adore: :adore:
aaaahh that's cool - thank you! :awesome:
pm's being read though :shock:
I'm guessing the Arcade and the fancy Eurovision voting thingie which was around a few years ago (I heard this made the site go a bit dodgy) were Pig plugins as they don't exist anymore :nah: :ahee:

I wonder if any of them still use their accounts... :biggrin:
Original post by Chronoscope
:adore: :adore: :adore:
aaaahh that's cool - thank you! :awesome:
pm's being read though :shock:
I'm guessing the Arcade and the fancy Eurovision voting thingie which was around a few years ago (I heard this made the site go a bit dodgy) were Pig plugins as they don't exist anymore :nah: :ahee:

I wonder if any of them still use their accounts... :biggrin:

the Arcade was discussed here:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4032681

i was not the best player:

arcade.jpg
very interesting!
Wow, I never knew tsr had such an eventful history!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending