The Student Room Group

a gyg blog by yours truly xsowmix

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xsowmix
UPDATE!!!!(8th September 2020)

Hi everyone! I know I said I was gonna wait till UCAS deadline to do an update but that’s too long. I will probably do weekly ones or on days when something big happens.

So I have UCAS grades now!😐

This is what I got:
Maths -A*
Chemistry-A
Biology-A

I am really happy with Maths and Biology (I’m not amazing at Biology btw. TBH I’m relieved I didn’t get a B.). So now let’s get to my Chemistry grade.

Just gonna go scream before I start my rant.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ok. Here we go. Chemistry is my strongest subject out of the three so I was expecting an A*. Considering that I have acheived mostly A*s or sometimes As in my tests and homework. I was thinking that my teachers would give me an A*. I probably sound really arrogant right now but I worked so hard in Chemistry (way harder than I should). I’m hoping that I can talk to my Heads of Sixth Form tomorrow to try bump my Chemistry to an A*.

Sorry for dumping this on you guys. Just felt like I had to cos I felt so s*** after I got my grades.

See you soon.
:ciao:
Tags:

Spoiler

Well done - those grades are amazing! You don't sound arrogant at all, I'm sure that your sixth form will bump up your grades - just don't back down! :smile:
Reply 41
Original post by studyingpeach
Well done - those grades are amazing! You don't sound arrogant at all, I'm sure that your sixth form will bump up your grades - just don't back down! :smile:

Thank you. I hope they do. My sixth form emphasised in our UCAS talk that they don't really like dishing out A*s unless you really deserve it or you need it for a course you want to do. I was hoping to do medicine at cambridge which has offers of A*A*A. I was so worried all day because I was like this must be a sign that I shouldn't apply there but all my friends are like THIS IS YOUR DREAM and don't give up. So I'm taking their advice and seeing what happens.
Original post by xsowmix
Thank you. I hope they do. My sixth form emphasised in our UCAS talk that they don't really like dishing out A*s unless you really deserve it or you need it for a course you want to do. I was hoping to do medicine at cambridge which has offers of A*A*A. I was so worried all day because I was like this must be a sign that I shouldn't apply there but all my friends are like THIS IS YOUR DREAM and don't give up. So I'm taking their advice and seeing what happens.

couldn't have said it better myself - GO FOR IT! :biggrin:
Original post by xsowmix

Hi everyone! I know I said I was gonna wait till UCAS deadline to do an update but that’s too long. I will probably do weekly ones or on days when something big happens.

This is what I got:
Maths -A*
Chemistry-A
Biology-A

I am really happy with Maths and Biology (I’m not amazing at Biology btw. TBH I’m relieved I didn’t get a B.). So now let’s get to my Chemistry grade.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ok. Here we go. Chemistry is my strongest subject out of the three so I was expecting an A*. Considering that I have acheived mostly A*s or sometimes As in my tests and homework. I was thinking that my teachers would give me an A*. I probably sound really arrogant right now but I worked so hard in Chemistry (way harder than I should). I’m hoping that I can talk to my Heads of Sixth Form tomorrow to try bump my Chemistry to an A*.

Sorry for dumping this on you guys. Just felt like I had to cos I felt so s*** after I got my grades.

See you soon.
Tags:

Spoiler

omg i’m sorry about chemistry. i’ll be praying you get that A* predicted grade! you deserve it ❤️
Reply 44
Original post by nightingalegend
omg i’m sorry about chemistry. i’ll be praying you get that A* predicted grade! you deserve it ❤️

:hugs:
felt this dw im sure you’ll get the grades you deserve
Reply 46
Original post by mez_merising
felt this dw im sure you’ll get the grades you deserve

you got amazing grades! well done!
Original post by xsowmix
:hugs:

:jumphug:
Reply 48
Original post by xsowmix

This is what I got:
Maths -A*
Chemistry-A
Biology-A

See you soon.
Tags:

Spoiler

Lil Update!
My head of sixth form changed my Chemistry to an A*. Now I can officially say that I am going to be applying Medicine at Cambridge.:eek: (Feels so weird to say)

Tags:

Spoiler

Reply 49
Awwww Thank you.:grin:

hopefully🤞
Original post by xsowmix
lil update!
My head of sixth form changed my chemistry to an a*. Now i can officially say that i am going to be applying medicine at cambridge.:eek: (feels so weird to say)

tags:

Spoiler

yaaaass period :woo: :woo: :woo: proud of you <33333
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by nightingalegend
yaaaass period :woo: :woo: :woo: proud of you <33333

:^_^: aww thanks
ahhh super happy for you! any tips on how to convince teachers to boost your predicted grades??
Reply 53
ahhh super happy for you! any tips on how to convince teachers to boost your predicted grades??

Thank you! It didn't take much convincing fortunately because my grade from my spring report was an A and everyone's grade from this report is expected to at least increase by half a grade or one grade for UCAS. My head of sixth form has said to some people that if they want their grades to increase they need to show extra work that they have done in lockdown which is under the grade they want or show teachers that they can improve in their exams at school this term. Us med applicants worry way too much:s-smilie:
agreed, i have my meeting today so fingers crossed it all goes well
Reply 55
agreed, i have my meeting today so fingers crossed it all goes well

Hopefully it went well. Which grade are you trying to bump up?
Original post by xsowmix
Hopefully it went well. Which grade are you trying to bump up?

bio chem and maths😳😳😳
Reply 57
Hey guys.
I'm really sorry guys about not posting an update. These last two weeks have been really hectic for me because of my EPQ but I promise you an update will be coming next week after my EPQ deadline.

Now I'm going go sort out the mess of my appendix (in my dissertation not the one in in the intestines lol)

See you soon
:hello:
Tags:

Spoiler

Edit: Guess I didn't keep up my end of my bargain lol.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by xsowmix
Hey guys.
I'm really sorry guys about not posting an update. These last two weeks have been really hectic for me because of my EPQ but I promise you an update will be coming next week after my EPQ deadline.

Now I'm going go sort out the mess of my appendix (in my dissertation not the one in in the intestines lol)

See you soon
Tags:

Spoiler

Best of luck with your EPQ!!
Original post by xsowmix
Hey guys.

See you soon
Tags:

Spoiler

don't be sorry! school comes first, we'll all be here waiting :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending