The Student Room Group

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-eYJRR5lyE

September 4 y'all! Anyone else super excited? I grew up playing THPS games in the evenings and skating during the days. This remake looks beautiful and they added in stuff like manuals for some real big combos. :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Holy ****, this is amazing.

THPS was my childhood.
Meh, I'm holding out for a remake of the best skating game of this generation.

only played the Underground games but I'm hype. Super cool how they're adding modern skaters too
A Remake to the Tony Hawk Series?! that is awesome! I remember me at once how much fun I had to play the parts on the Playstation with friends. The release would be like a come back of my happy gaming days.
As we know that the Simpsons games are made of pure gold, this remake will just be a brilliant one when it is released. *ironic off*
Original post by Kallisto
As we know that the Simpsons games are made of pure gold, this remake will just be a brilliant one when it is released. *ironic off*

I clearly had no taste because I distinctly remember enjoying this game as a kid.
Don't think that you were the only one. If I remember what games I played as a kid...

Original post by DiddyDec
Holy ****, this is amazing.

THPS was my childhood.

Not only yours, it was mine too.
Don't think that you were the only one. If I remember what games I played as a kid...

I kinda miss that stage of life, where even the worst games/tv/movies were still fine.
That stands to reason. Kids have no high demands and a sense for quality as a rule. From this perspective, I am glad not to be a child anylonger.
loving this game so much, seeing my character progress as well as me just getting better has been super cool.
Yay, greebo fashion is back. Now to relearn how to o ride a skateboard and get back into shape for novice level parkour
Original post by quasa
Yay, greebo fashion is back. Now to relearn how to o ride a skateboard and get back into shape for novice level parkour

That sounds as if you delight to play a remake about Tony Hawk. Could it be that you played the same games in the past?
That sounds as if you delight to play a remake about Tony Hawk. Could it be that you played the same games in the past?

who didnt. early high school was all about budokai, need for speed and tony hawk. its because of tony hawk i tried (and failed ) learning to skate (I blame my parents for getting me a mini skateboard instead of a proper one :angry:) and why in later high school / early sixth form I took up parkour (in fairness, i was quite flexible due to martial arts and gymnastics, despite being fat I could do the splits and I can still kick face level front and side (no longer can do so behind or do the splits, tucks, pikes or straddles / vaults)).

tbh, i really want to get me a boost board (electric skateboard which is faster than those lowsy e-scooters and has more range). only problem is that theyre ~£1000 for good quality ones. Personally, I wish proper hoverboards were around (like back to the future 2). lexus has some but they only work on maglev tracks and cost more than a lexus :lol:
(edited 3 years ago)
does anyone remember the disney spinoff (extreme skate adventure)?
Original post by quasa
who didnt. early high school was all about budokai, need for speed and tony hawk. its because of tony hawk i tried (and failed ) learning to skate (I blame my parents for getting me a mini skateboard instead of a proper one :angry:) and why in later high school / early sixth form I took up parkour (in fairness, i was quite flexible due to martial arts and gymnastics, despite being fat I could do the splits and I can still kick face level front and side (no longer can do so behind or do the splits, tucks, pikes or straddles / vaults)).

tbh, i really want to get me a boost board (electric skateboard which is faster than those lowsy e-scooters and has more range). only problem is that theyre ~£1000 for good quality ones. Personally, I wish proper hoverboards were around (like back to the future 2). lexus has some but they only work on maglev tracks and cost more than a lexus :lol:

By this sum of money you are good advised to invest in a Tony Hawk remake. :lol: Cross the fingers that you find a good board for good money one day. :crossedf:
By this sum of money you are good advised to invest in a Tony Hawk remake. :lol: Cross the fingers that you find a good board for good money one day. :crossedf:

cheers :biggrin: did you do any extreme sports back in the day?
Original post by quasa
cheers :biggrin: did you do any extreme sports back in the day?

I really tried to use a skateboard in the past. But as I got extreme damage (felt brutally with my shin on the edge of a ramp and got a thick bruise!) I decided rather to play Skateboard on videogames to reduce the damage cases.

Original post by quasa
does anyone remember the disney spinoff (extreme skate adventure)?

No, I don't just Tony Hawk.
I really tried to use a skateboard in the past. But as I got extreme damage (felt brutally with my shin on the edge of a ramp and got a thick bruise!) I decided rather to play Skateboard on videogames to reduce the damage cases.

No, I don't just Tony Hawk.

sounds like me and that blasted mini board :lol: parkour I found liberating but am in nowhere near the shape I was back then (and even then, I had my limits, like I didnt do flips, sommersaults, gainers or jump between buildings, I have scaled and jumped over walls, gates and shipping containers (including climbing between 2 walls . the blisters on my palms werent pleasant :colonhash: ) and used to do perfect straddle vaults and pike vaults. tuck vaults were difficult as I wore big shoes and have short legs.

good times which I sorely miss.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 19
I remember having a demo of this back in the day.

Really enjoyed it...

Quick Reply