The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 19/20: Placed on the Reserve List

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Just got an email yesterday basically confirming that I am still on the reserve list and if I am not placed within a year, I will be allocated next September
i am on fast stream GES, was put on reserve list and just got an email this morning with a department allocation so it looks like things are getting back on track and people should get offers soon :smile: was a nice surprise as thought id be starting september 2021 but seems like it could be soon!
Does anyone have a responsive contact number they could pass on to me? I have emailed them numerous times but have yet to hear anything? Also congratulations to those who just received an offer, fingers crossed we shall all be contacted in the near future!
Original post by Devena Chouhan
Does anyone have a responsive contact number they could pass on to me? I have emailed them numerous times but have yet to hear anything? Also congratulations to those who just received an offer, fingers crossed we shall all be contacted in the near future!

^^ seconded. It's so frustrating not being able to contact anyone.

I'm trying to plan accommodation, alternative employment etc. in case I start in 2021, but there's still the possibility of a 2020 start!
With regard to the 2021 start date, I have not received an email confirming this. On my portal, it just says that I will be taken off the reserve list in January if no job becomes available. Is anyone else in this position?
Reply 85
I was put on the reserve list and, got the email about potentially being deferred to next September.

Just got another email saying I now have a placement. Looks like they are placing people now!
Original post by lowayyz
I was put on the reserve list and, got the email about potentially being deferred to next September.

Just got another email saying I now have a placement. Looks like they are placing people now!

What department if you don't mind me asking? Also huge congratulations!!!!!
Reply 87
With regard to the 2021 start date, I have not received an email confirming this. On my portal, it just says that I will be taken off the reserve list in January if no job becomes available. Is anyone else in this position?

hmmm that is strange. my portal has not changed since I was offered a position (even though I was placed on the reserve list).
Reply 88
Same here, random question but are you waiting on MSc results?
Very strange, i want to ask someone about but cannot gain any response. And no I did not do a masters. So much uncertainty makes me feel anxious.
Hey all, I received a reply from Sarah Ward, the Recruitment Manager. She reassured me that the intention is to offer everyone on the reserve list a job. I am not sure if this has already been stated here, but I thought I would share it nonetheless!
Reply 91
Hey all, I received a reply from Sarah Ward, the Recruitment Manager. She reassured me that the intention is to offer everyone on the reserve list a job. I am not sure if this has already been stated here, but I thought I would share it nonetheless!

Great news if they can do this. I’m just starting a Masters course however, so will need to pay tuition fees if I don’t pull out the course soon. Hope we get offered jobs quickly
Reply 92
Original post by jak56
Great news if they can do this. I’m just starting a Masters course however, so will need to pay tuition fees if I don’t pull out the course soon. Hope we get offered jobs quickly

Yeah exactly the same boat here! I wish they'd let us know soon! (or even by the end of August, as they said they would)
Reply 93
Original post by jak56

Original post by as2078
Yeah exactly the same boat here! I wish they'd let us know soon! (or even by the end of August, as they said they would)

what masters are you guys doing!!
Reply 94
Original post by zaynaraja

Just an economics msc at leeds
Reply 95
Original post by zaynaraja

Economics msc as well
Original post by jak56
Economics msc as well

Where are you studying it?
Reply 97
Original post by jak56
Economics msc as well

Have you emailed the GES to say you’re doing that? Just wondering whether it might speed up the process or not
Reply 98
Original post by as2078
Have you emailed the GES to say you’re doing that? Just wondering whether it might speed up the process or not

Yeah I have done but I’ve not received any contact from them since being told I was on the reserve list months ago 👎🏻
Hey guys, just asked about masters. Sarah Ward said if we were to defer our offer to do a masters that would be fine, and they will assign us a department next year. I also asked about timeframe of appointment and she said there is no timeframe.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending