The Student Room Group

Question help

Could someone work out the total resistance for this circuit I’m a bit confused and got an answer but just would like to check if I’m correct D27DE179-94A1-442E-878B-BF63AA9572A1.jpg.jpeg
Original post by Baileymck1
Could someone work out the total resistance for this circuit I’m a bit confused and got an answer but just would like to check if I’m correct D27DE179-94A1-442E-878B-BF63AA9572A1.jpg.jpeg

Please post your answer. It should be between 2 and 3 Ohms (I won't post the exact answer).
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
I thought it might’ve been either 15 ohms or 3.6ohms but not sure , could you help ?
Reply 3
Ignore that I ment 15 ohms or 2.4 ohms
I thought it might’ve been either 15 ohms or 3.6ohms but not sure , could you help ?

There are two parallel paths - the 3 Ohm and the two (series) 6 Ohms. Does that help?
Ignore that I ment 15 ohms or 2.4 ohms

One of those is correct.

You have a 3 Ohm resistor in parallel with another resistance. The total resistance cannot be greater than that of the lowest parallel resistance.
Reply 6
Thanks I get it now 🙏🏻
Reply 7
Could you also help with this question , sorry I’m doing this homework and I’m so bad at physics 😂1A142052-2424-4EF5-B65E-8D3C18F59828.jpg.jpeg
Reply 8
I thought it was 2 ms per div but it’s 3 marks so there must be some working
I thought it was 2 ms per div but it’s 3 marks so there must be some working

How many divisions is a complete cycle?
At 50Hz, how long is a single cycle? (Hint: It's tens of ms)
Reply 10
Sorry I’ve lost you I still don’t get it 😂
Reply 11
Could you give any further help on that question ? , as I’m still confused on what to do
Could you give any further help on that question ? , as I’m still confused on what to do

A complete cycle of the wave is 2 divisions.

50Hz is 50 cycles per second, so the period of the wave is 1000ms / 50 (note that this is NOT 2ms).

Can you take it from there?
Reply 13
Thanks it’s fine I’m sure I got it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending