The Student Room Group

Not sure what to do?

So, I have just started Year 10, and I really want to get all 8s and 9s in my GCSEs, when shall I start revising, and what revision methods work best. Also, where are the best places to get revision guides and textbooks?
The subjects I'm doing are:
AQA English literature and language - power and conflict poems, Romeo and Juliet, and either lord of the flies or animal farm
AQA Triple Science
AQA German
AQA Geography
Edexcel Maths
Edexcel Religious Studies B
Edexcel History - Early Elizabethan era, Medicine from 1250c - present, Nazi Germany, Weimar republic thing and Cold War
Am I just being paranoid?
Thanks for any help
Reply 1
Original post by Random11_206
So, I have just started Year 10, and I really want to get all 8s and 9s in my GCSEs, when shall I start revising, and what revision methods work best. Also, where are the best places to get revision guides and textbooks?
The subjects I'm doing are:
AQA English literature and language - power and conflict poems, Romeo and Juliet, and either lord of the flies or animal farm
AQA Triple Science
AQA German
AQA Geography
Edexcel Maths
Edexcel Religious Studies B
Edexcel History - Early Elizabethan era, Medicine from 1250c - present, Nazi Germany, Weimar republic thing and Cold War
Am I just being paranoid?
Thanks for any help

It’s good to be prepared, but don’t over work yourself! I’m in year 13 right now and I wish I just took it slower in year 9-10 because those were the only years I could’ve relaxed.
Anyway, I really suggest consolidating your revision through YouTube videos, but don’t just watch, take rough notes too. I suggest Primrose kitten- she’s a teacher who makes really good whole subject videos on maths and all sciences. History was really hard to revise for, but there are these really good books which are aqa approved that really boosted my grade because they had everything I needed to know. They’re by Wesley royle, hodder education. The books are topic based but don’t really have names. The Elizabethan one is red and called ‘Elizabethan England c1568-1603’, look on amazon maybe? German was such a pain too but I suggest Memrise and Pearson active learn. Also really revising word order and vocab. A good study technique I learned is getting a piece of paper and writing down everything you know about a topic without revising before hand. Then compare your writing to your notes and add in things that are missing. Repeat that and you should remember things quicker. I didn’t do rs or geography sorry.

Hope that helped.
Original post by Rushi_
It’s good to be prepared, but don’t over work yourself! I’m in year 13 right now and I wish I just took it slower in year 9-10 because those were the only years I could’ve relaxed.
Anyway, I really suggest consolidating your revision through YouTube videos, but don’t just watch, take rough notes too. I suggest Primrose kitten- she’s a teacher who makes really good whole subject videos on maths and all sciences. History was really hard to revise for, but there are these really good books which are aqa approved that really boosted my grade because they had everything I needed to know. They’re by Wesley royle, hodder education. The books are topic based but don’t really have names. The Elizabethan one is red and called ‘Elizabethan England c1568-1603’, look on amazon maybe? German was such a pain too but I suggest Memrise and Pearson active learn. Also really revising word order and vocab. A good study technique I learned is getting a piece of paper and writing down everything you know about a topic without revising before hand. Then compare your writing to your notes and add in things that are missing. Repeat that and you should remember things quicker. I didn’t do rs or geography sorry.

Hope that helped.

Thanks, that's really helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest