The Student Room Group

Anyone heard of pink luxe official?

It's based in the Uk, I've had a look at the website and it sells clothes for women. I got a message on Instagram saying I should send them a message because they want to collaborate with me. I'm trying to see if they're legit before messaging them as I've never heard of this company before.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymusy
It's based in the Uk, I've had a look at the website and it sells clothes for women. I got a message on Instagram saying I should send them a message because they want to collaborate with me. I'm trying to see if they're legit before messaging them as I've never heard of this company before.

If you're not sure, don't do it. I've not heard of them, but they have people modelling "their" clothes, so see if you can reach out to them. Companies, especially if you have 1000+ followers, will reach out all the time, so saying no to one won't hurt.
Are they connected with the ladies fast fashions scam operator The Luxe Pink? :confused:
If so, best avoided.

I know quite a few young models from England, Australia and the USA who have sought legal advice on how to sue TLP for refunds or damages.
After responding to instagram messages to model their garments, complying with instructions to buy the items to be modelled through a bank debit card registered to their current address, taking months to receive the items but having hackers target their debit cards & online banking within 24 hours of making payment.
Here are some trustpilot reviews, 93% are bad:
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/theluxepink.com
Reply 3
Original post by londonmyst
Are they connected with the ladies fast fashions scam operator The Luxe Pink? :confused:
If so, best avoided.

I know quite a few young models from England, Australia and the USA who have sought legal advice on how to sue TLP for refunds or damages.
After responding to instagram messages to model their garments, complying with instructions to buy the items to be modelled through a bank debit card registered to their current address, taking months to receive the items but having hackers target their debit cards & online banking within 24 hours of making payment.
Here are some trustpilot reviews, 93% are bad:
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/theluxepink.com

I don't think it's the lux pink, here's there Instagram link

https://instagram.com/pinkluxe_official?igshid=1oluw8e8lbq8a
Reply 4
Original post by fake_abs
If you're not sure, don't do it. I've not heard of them, but they have people modelling "their" clothes, so see if you can reach out to them. Companies, especially if you have 1000+ followers, will reach out all the time, so saying no to one won't hurt.

I only have like one follower and barely any likes so not sure why I've been contacted and it wasn't directly from them it was from a different account so I won't be saying yes.
These are scam dms unfortunately, they're most likely just trying to get you to buy stuff. Block them xx
I don't think it's the lux pink, here's there Instagram link

https://instagram.com/pinkluxe_official?igshid=1oluw8e8lbq8a

a lot of scams are ran by the same people and the similar name, seems too much of an coincidence.
Hi, I have received the same message. They basically want you to promote their stuff however they requests you to first buy a product from them. I have done some research on this sort of collaborations and many people advises that if you are to promote someone’s brand they should never never ask you to pay for any of their products. Secondly I have received a message from an instagram profile with only one follower, no pictures or any other data- probably a fake account. It’s just interesting why they don’t message you directly form the official profile, also they messaged me at 2am what is also way too suspicious to me. I recommend to report the person who sent you the message
Reply 8
Original post by Infinity994
Hi, I have received the same message. They basically want you to promote their stuff however they requests you to first buy a product from them. I have done some research on this sort of collaborations and many people advises that if you are to promote someone’s brand they should never never ask you to pay for any of their products. Secondly I have received a message from an instagram profile with only one follower, no pictures or any other data- probably a fake account. It’s just interesting why they don’t message you directly form the official profile, also they messaged me at 2am what is also way too suspicious to me. I recommend to report the person who sent you the message

That's similar to me, the person who messaged me had 0 followers and wasn't following anyone. They messaged me at around 2am too. I won't be collaborating with them, the website doesn't sell much or have any contact information either so it can't be real and it doesn't come up when you search for it, only the link on the insta page takes you to the website. I stupidly responded to the message saying I'd never heard of them, were they new and how they'd want to collaborate but they didn't reply so I just unsent my message.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 9

All legitimate companies in the UK are registered with Companies House.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/
Reply 10

I have received similar messages like that from different companies on multiple occasions, its either a scam or a catch involved, such as you having to buy the clothes and then advertise to your followers etc, really you dont get any benefit from it, they do when you purchase their clothes
I’ve gotten a DM from them as well. Definitely scam
they just sent me a message too. I am an American. i don't understand why they would contact me either.
Reply 13
I had the same experience like you but there is no imprint, nothing, and I think it might be a fake
Reply 14
I had the same experience like you but there is no imprint, nothing, and I think it might be a fake
I've got amessage too and I decieded to dm them and this is what they said to me :h:eya! Yes, thank you for getting back to us! We’re excited to hear back from you, we’d love to collaborate!⁣ ⁣⁣ ⁣You will earn free clothing, get reposted onto our page and in our stories and can feature on the website. Your followers will grow rapidly when we started tagging and reposting you too!
All you have to do is post wearing our clothing and promote a unique discount code!

Every time your unique 20% code gets used by your followers, you’ll get any item from our store of your choice for FREE.⁣ ⁣⁣ ⁣The first step to get your unique code is to choose your favourite item(s) on our store and place your collab order, we only ask you to contribute towards your first order so we know you’re really interested in working with the brand! You won’t need to pay for any orders after this one as you will be getting monthly packages from us for free!⁣ ⁣⁣ ⁣Here is a 30% off code to get stated! The code is PLCOLLAB - use this at our checkout to buy your favourite item(s) to promote!If you head to our website now, it’s in our bio, you can get your order in and we can get your code set up for you! ⁣⁣ ⁣We have assigned Melissa to you as your collab manager, Melissa will be able to help with any questions as she will be your dedicated team manager.⁣ ⁣Here’s her profile, once you’ve placed your order send her the order number so she can get you set up and added to our influencer list❤️⁣ ⁣⁣ ⁣⁣ ⁣@PinkLuxe_Melissa, if her profile doesn’t load through the link, just search her! Instagram seem to be having issues with links at the moment!⁣ ⁣⁣ ⁣Excited to work with you and have you on the team! ⁣⁣ ⁣Luna x
Original post by lilya2005
I've got amessage too and I decieded to dm them and this is what they said to me :h:eya! Yes, thank you for getting back to us! We’re excited to hear back from you, we’d love to collaborate!⁣ ⁣⁣ ⁣You will earn free clothing, get reposted onto our page and in our stories and can feature on the website. Your followers will grow rapidly when we started tagging and reposting you too!
All you have to do is post wearing our clothing and promote a unique discount code!

Every time your unique 20% code gets used by your followers, you’ll get any item from our store of your choice for FREE.⁣ ⁣⁣ ⁣The first step to get your unique code is to choose your favourite item(s) on our store and place your collab order, we only ask you to contribute towards your first order so we know you’re really interested in working with the brand! You won’t need to pay for any orders after this one as you will be getting monthly packages from us for free!⁣ ⁣⁣ ⁣Here is a 30% off code to get stated! The code is PLCOLLAB - use this at our checkout to buy your favourite item(s) to promote!If you head to our website now, it’s in our bio, you can get your order in and we can get your code set up for you! ⁣⁣ ⁣We have assigned Melissa to you as your collab manager, Melissa will be able to help with any questions as she will be your dedicated team manager.⁣ ⁣Here’s her profile, once you’ve placed your order send her the order number so she can get you set up and added to our influencer list❤️⁣ ⁣⁣ ⁣⁣ ⁣@PinkLuxe_Melissa, if her profile doesn’t load through the link, just search her! Instagram seem to be having issues with links at the moment!⁣ ⁣⁣ ⁣Excited to work with you and have you on the team! ⁣⁣ ⁣Luna x

I don't have a lot of followers that's whay I wasn't so sure about it and when i searched about reviews about the shopping site in ytb I didn't found anything.
I had the same message as well asking me to buy their clothes to then receive free monthly packages, definitely dodgy
I done it and bought a dress now I’m worried can they take everything from my card ? Like all my money or just what I paid for
Original post by Leelamitchell
I done it and bought a dress now I’m worried can they take everything from my card ? Like all my money or just what I paid for

I don't know but I think that you should take your money and transefer it to an other acount and leave the price of the dress and see what will happen

Quick Reply

Latest