The Student Room Group

Waiting until marriage?

Okay, I know I’ll be judged for this but I just want to ask. Is anyone else waiting until marriage for sex?
I’ve always wanted to wait because I’ve wanted it to be a special thing that only me and my married partner share, but it’s getting really hard? Any tips on how to make it easier?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Okay, I know I’ll be judged for this but I just want to ask. Is anyone else waiting until marriage for sex?
I’ve always wanted to wait because I’ve wanted it to be a special thing that only me and my married partner share, but it’s getting really hard? Any tips on how to make it easier?

er , about 40% of marriages end in divorce. There is nothing, per se, special about marital sex! Waiting until marriage proves absolutely nothing in my view! You should, in my opinion, know yiur own body before you get married not after! Getting to know your own body properly will also probably mean that you would think with a lot more awareness about who you decide to marry! How would you know, for example, if the person you were marrying was or was not asexual- not really interested in sex anyway? would you marry them, knowing this? you cannot assume!
Reply 2
OP ignore anyone who tells you what to do, it’s your body and your choice. If you wanna wait for marriage then wait, if you don’t wanna wait then go get laid
OP ignore anyone who tells you what to do, it’s your body and your choice. If you wanna wait for marriage then wait, if you don’t wanna wait then go get laid

Why are you replying to yourself, OP? If you think this, why make this thread?
Reply 4

You are too funny! Replying to yourself in your own thread! lool. You are truly funny🤣. I had no idea that people did this! We can truly learn something new everyday!
I have many friends who waited until marriage and some who are still waiting.
My mother and maternal grandmother support sexual abstinence until marriage, I don't.

P.S. TSR has rules against users abusing the anonymous feature and using dupe accounts to try bumping their threads or trying to increase the number of posts.
Reply 6
Original post by londonmyst
My mother and maternal grandmother support sexual abstinence until marriage, I don't.

P.S. TSR has rules against users abusing the anonymous feature and using dupe accounts to try bumping their threads or trying to increase the number of posts.

like the OP who wrote to himself and has now disappeared. lol.
Reply 7

they are from a completely different generation as well. Times are thankfully changing.
Original post by mgi
like the OP who wrote to himself and has now disappeared. lol.

The same tactics are being used on plenty of social media and popular youth chat sites. :hmpf:
So many religious organisations and secular traditionalist groups are sending their activists or paid staff members to promote the abstinence movement online to the under 30s.
Dupe accounts & bots are frequently used to casually support promotional efforts or provide the illusion of a large online community of like-minded young people.
Reply 9
The same tactics are being used on plenty of social media and popular youth chat sites. :hmpf:
So many religious organisations and secular traditionalist groups are sending their activists or paid staff members to promote the abstinence movement online to the under 30s.
Dupe accounts & bots are frequently used to casually support promotional efforts or provide the illusion of a large online community of like-minded young people.

And why do people fall for these tactics? Most of the arguments have virtually no depth to them. Very few people explain in any coherent way the argument for abstinence. They make no sense.
Original post by mgi
And why do people fall for these tactics? Most of the arguments have virtually no depth to them. Very few people explain in any coherent way the argument for abstinence. They make no sense.

why not just respect the fact that some people don't want to have sex until marriage?
I am waiting
Reply 12
Original post by black tea
why not just respect the fact that some people don't want to have sex until marriage?

Respect is not really the correct word here though is it? I am merely stating an opinion. I think that people who want to be virgins until marriage are naive about sex, naive about the purpose of sex and naive about marriage and relationships!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by mgi
Respect is not really the correct word here though is it? I am merely stating an opinion. I think that people who want to be virgins until marriage are naive about sex, naive about the purpose of sex and naive about marriage and relationships!

It is the correct word. OP made a thread asking for tips on waiting until they are ready to have sex, and you came on here stating your opinion that they are wrong. And what difference does it make to you what other people think and do with their bodies anyway?
Reply 14
It is the correct word. OP made a thread asking for tips on waiting until they are ready to have sex, and you came on here stating your opinion that they are wrong. And what difference does it make to you what other people think and do with their bodies anyway?

Nothing! But as you said, they came onto a student forum and asked for opinions. If one does this then one is not entitled regulate the opinions that are received as a result. Are they asking for opinions that make them feel good or are they asking for honest opinions that may or may not make them feel good. It's their choice!
Original post by mgi

And I fhink people who have pre martial sex are naive, and silly.
Original post by mgi
Nothing! But as you said, they came onto a student forum and asked for opinions. If one does this then one is not entitled regulate the opinions that are received as a result. Are they asking for opinions that make them feel good or are they asking for honest opinions that may or may not make them feel good. It's their choice!

They asked for advice, not opinions.
Reply 17
And I fhink people who have pre martial sex are naive, and silly.

Ok. And you are still entitled to state your opinion- erroneous though it seems to be!
Reply 18
They asked for advice, not opinions.

Find me a piece of "advice" on this thread that is also not an opinion. So give some advice together with an explanation without stating an opinion! I can't wait to enjoy your answer!
Original post by mgi
Find me a piece of "advice" on this thread that is also not an opinion. So give some advice together with an explanation without stating an opinion! I can't wait to enjoy your answer!

A piece of advice relevant to the OP might be to try exercising or to engage themselves in a hobby when they have unwanted urges to have sex. I see that as a suggestion (and one that values OP's point of view), not an opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest