The Student Room Group

NVQ level 3 completion time

Hi all

I am currently a level 3 engineering apprentice, I have completed my BTEC level 3 but still have the level 3 NVQ extended diploma (EAL) to complete. I have a year left to complete the NVQ before my contract is up (even though I haven't completed a hell of a lot of it lol), but have been informed that I can progress onto the next course (level 4 HNC apprenticeship) by January. The only problem is that this gives me only until Jan to have my NVQ completed (which means it needs to be done before then really).

My question is; is it do-able to have this qualification completed in around 4 months?

Thanks
Original post by hss_1212
Hi all

I am currently a level 3 engineering apprentice, I have completed my BTEC level 3 but still have the level 3 NVQ extended diploma (EAL) to complete. I have a year left to complete the NVQ before my contract is up (even though I haven't completed a hell of a lot of it lol), but have been informed that I can progress onto the next course (level 4 HNC apprenticeship) by January. The only problem is that this gives me only until Jan to have my NVQ completed (which means it needs to be done before then really).

My question is; is it do-able to have this qualification completed in around 4 months?

Thanks

I had a bad health situation, so had my btec done within the 2 years but had to get an extension on my nvq as i hadn't touched it in months and got about half of it done in 6 months so it's possible if they can sign everything off for you quick enough.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
I had a bad health situation, so had my btec done within the 2 years but had to get an extension on my nvq as i hadn't touched it in months and got about half of it done in 6 months so it's possible if they can sign everything off for you quick enough.

the NVQ is quite difficult to write because of all the waffle involved in the reports, the criteria for the units are vague so it doesnt help much either, I feel like I've been backed into a corner because I wasnt expecting to need this done in so little time and this far from the actual deadline
the NVQ is quite difficult to write because of all the waffle involved in the reports, the criteria for the units are vague so it doesnt help much either, I feel like I've been backed into a corner because I wasnt expecting to need this done in so little time and this far from the actual deadline

speak to your NVQ assessor and get drafts for reports done as best you can so hopefully you can get feedback quickly to figure out how to meet the vague guidelines.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
speak to your NVQ assessor and get drafts for reports done as best you can so hopefully you can get feedback quickly to figure out how to meet the vague guidelines.

thanks, so do you agree that if this goes smoothly it could be finished within the time I have? as well as putting the effort in obviously
thanks, so do you agree that if this goes smoothly it could be finished within the time I have? as well as putting the effort in obviously

Put the effort in and think it could be possible :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending