Watch
This discussion is closed.
Guvnor
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Okay guys

I got sent my renewal letter but the problem is I can't seem to find it, I have no idea where I have put it, I have searched my whole room upside down but no luck. Any ideas what I can do and yeah I dont have road tax now as it expired on the 30th so basically I cannot drive till I get this sorted out.

Any ideas ?
Thanks
Guvnor
Rep:
?
Anybody ?
RealityIsDull
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Guvnor)
Okay guys

I got sent my renewal letter but the problem is I can't seem to find it, I have no idea where I have put it, I have searched my whole room upside down but no luck. Any ideas what I can do and yeah I dont have road tax now as it expired on the 30th so basically I cannot drive till I get this sorted out.

Any ideas ?
Thanks
you can renew it at the post office with your car registration form instead i think, i tried to do my mums earlier and they accepted that
InArduisFouette
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
you can renew online with the documentreference no. from a V5 c instead of the renewal number, or you can renew it the steam way at the post office or DVLA local office.
Guvnor
Rep:
?
I finally got it sorted out today, rang up DVLA and they said I could go the post office with all my documents and get it done from there or I could do it over the phone where you have to dial in your reference number which is printed on your log book. I did go to the post office but unfortunately they couldn't help me as I forgot my insurance cover document at home and took my renewal doc instead silly me
But yeah I managed to do it on the phone so lets see when it comes through now hopefully in five working days.

Thanks to those that replied.
Helen bennett
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Lost my reminder to tax my car. Could you send me a replacement
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Helen bennett)
Lost my reminder to tax my car. Could you send me a replacement
Hi Helen,
You'd be best of looking here -> https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-direct-debit/renewing
Thanks
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 8472)
Hi Helen,
You'd be best of looking here -> https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-direct-debit/renewing
Thanks
I've asked this antique thread to be closed
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (1)
25%
I'm not sure (0)
0%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (2)
50%
I have already dropped out (0)
0%
I'm not a current university student (1)
25%

Watched Threads