The Student Room Group

Help me change my a level subject please

im taking bio chem and french rn but i wanna drop french because chem and french are too heavy on me. im thinking of changing it to psychology because it sounds interesting or to art bc i love art and might end up changing my mind about doing medicine (i only need bio and chem) please help
if you dont want subjects that become too heavy look up their course content and the way you are assessed, and compare them to see which works out better for you. From personal experience I can say Psychology is a very heavy subject in terms of content.
most a levels are very heavy and require a lot of time, art for example will take up a lot of time as u will have to work on your drawings and projects outside of lessons as well
Reply 3
Original post by faith2104
im taking bio chem and french rn but i wanna drop french because chem and french are too heavy on me. im thinking of changing it to psychology because it sounds interesting or to art bc i love art and might end up changing my mind about doing medicine (i only need bio and chem) please help

Nothing wrong with bio/chem/psyc or bio/chem/art (including for medicine), but you are kidding yourself if you think they are less work. But it's also OK to say that French is not what you want to do - so pick the one you are going to care enough about to work hard on and get the best grade you can.
Reply 4
(Original post by 2500_2)Nothing wrong with bio/chem/psyc or bio/chem/art (including for medicine), but you are kidding yourself if you think they are less work. But it's also OK to say that French is not what you want to do - so pick the one you are going to care enough about to work hard on and get the best grade you can.

thank you i think ill go with art, i think i only picked french because i liked my old class and teacher but i can now see ive never liked the subject, i was very hesitant to pick art because i didnt think they would allow me to pick it because it doesnt fit
Reply 5
Original post by Purplebottle
most a levels are very heavy and require a lot of time, art for example will take up a lot of time as u will have to work on your drawings and projects outside of lessons as well

i dont mind to be honest i love art i think i just dont like french
Reply 6
Original post by gluttonyyy
if you dont want subjects that become too heavy look up their course content and the way you are assessed, and compare them to see which works out better for you. From personal experience I can say Psychology is a very heavy subject in terms of content.

okay thank you ill look it up

Quick Reply

Latest