The Student Room Group

internship advice

All,

I have a question regarding internships for penultimate year uni students. I got BBC at a level but have been looking at finance internships and really want to go into this sector. I am at a Russel group uni in England and am studying chemistry. Places I'm interested and looked at are Blackrock and a few others. My questions are:
1) Do I have a shot at a place at Blackrock or can you name any companies that don't look at A-Levels as part of their process?
2) do I have a shot in the industry because I don't do econ or maths and haven't done it at a level. I do read the FT to get a grip of it all and understand it.

Cheers in advance guys.
Reply 1
----------------------------------------------------------------
Reply 2
bump
Reply 3
Just apply and then see what happens. Usually firms want ABB+ but they might make exceptions, you won’t know for sure until you apply.
Reply 4
Original post by Trapz99
Just apply and then see what happens. Usually firms want ABB+ but they might make exceptions, you won’t know for sure until you apply.

thanks for that, do you know any finance companies that don't look at A-Levels at all for internships?
Reply 5
Original post by bubbsanerd
thanks for that, do you know any finance companies that don't look at A-Levels at all for internships?

I don’t know of any that don’t ask you for a level grades, but the extent to which they incorporate these grades into their selection process varies from bank to bank and is something that we can’t easily find out. The best thing to do is just apply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending