The Student Room Group

Girl lying about her age

So there was this girl i met online and she lied to me about her age and never realised till police came knocking on my door she said she was 18 turns out shes 12 and i had no idea thats the case she looked older as well police are taking the piss on what their doing my university is on the line for this as well any advise

Scroll to see replies

12-year-olds do not look like 18-year-olds.
Reply 2
Aren't there any texts or proof for you to show?
Original post by Jfa254812
So there was this girl i met online and she lied to me about her age and never realised till police came knocking on my door she said she was 18 turns out shes 12 and i had no idea thats the case she looked older as well police are taking the piss on what their doing my university is on the line for this as well any advise

If this is a true story and l dont think its a true story at all thats not the way the police deal with those kind of things take my word for that now go away and grow up and stop talking rubbish
Original post by Theloniouss
12-year-olds do not look like 18-year-olds.

This this and more this!!
They also do not act or talk like 18 year olds...
Original post by GabiAbi84
This this and more this!!
They also do not act or talk like 18 year olds...

Yeah, OP is kidding himself. (or perhaps sincerely believed she was 18 and needs to be institutionalised anyway).
I doubt 12-year-olds look 18......... -_- :facepalm:
Reply 8
I-
People are way too comfortable with lying about who they are over the internet. Assuming this is true OP should stay away from contacting/communicating with females online especially if he is unable to tell apart a 12-year-old from an 18-year-old.
Reply 10
First mistake: some random girl on the internet claims to be 18 and you believe her.

Second mistake: telling this story on here. What was the issue, photos? How did the police track you down? How can someone at uni not spell "they're" and "advice"?
That's younger girls for you. They want to act old and give an older age to fit in to experience adult things. Like the times you were dying to go see that movie rated 18 and you were 16 or 17 and you just wanted to get in. You or anyone would lie and say you're or them are 18 and get him. Goto school the next day and brag about it. how you get in. That's why they do that.

You go to a shoe store and see the girls go to the ladies section and try on women's shoes. That's them looking forward to being 18 and they can't wait to be adults. That's why they do that. Don't be so hard on them over that.
Original post by rcmotorboy
That's younger girls for you. They want to act old and give an older age to fit in to experience adult things. Like the times you were dying to go see that movie rated 18 and you were 16 or 17 and you just wanted to get in. You or anyone would lie and say you're or them are 18 and get him. Goto school the next day and brag about it. how you get in. That's why they do that.

You go to a shoe store and see the girls go to the ladies section and try on women's shoes. That's them looking forward to being 18 and they can't wait to be adults. That's why they do that. Don't be so hard on them over that.

You're really suggesting that this is the kid's fault?
why didn't you make her prove her age?
like @Theloniouss said, 12 years olds do NOT look like 18 year olds!
be careful next time!
have you seen her face before w/o a filter? because filters do make people look a bit older and/or younger.
(edited 3 years ago)
You're really suggesting that this is the kid's fault?

If that's what you want to think, that's up to you. I'm not sure why you've asked me that, if not at anyone, to be honest!
Reply 15
OP is an obvious troll, but there was a story in the paper a couple of years back about a guy who slept with a 12 year old on a night out, and in the end the judge let him as apparently the girl did look 18

police asked the taxi driver how old he thought the girl was and he thought she an adult too..

rare, but it can happen...
Original post by ANM775
OP is an obvious troll, but there was a story in the paper a couple of years back about a guy who slept with a 12 year old on a night out, and in the end the judge let him as apparently the girl did look 18

police asked the taxi driver how old he thought the girl was and he thought she an adult too..

Big if true, do you have a source? I have to say I've never come across a 12-year-old who could pass for more than 15.

Even still, over a prolonged (and sober) period of time, no 12-year-old could reliably pass for 18 in terms of behaviour.
Original post by ANM775

Just a quick one. What does OP mean?
Original post by kiqbal000
Just a quick one. What does OP mean?

OP = original poster. Person who started the thread.
Big if true, do you have a source? I have to say I've never come across a 12-year-old who could pass for more than 15.

Even still, over a prolonged (and sober) period of time, no 12-year-old could reliably pass for 18 in terms of behaviour.

The case I think they’re talking about, the girl said she was 16.

They had multiple witnesses including the taxi driver and police officers who had been on patrol in the city and spoken to her that all believed she was 16.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending