The Student Room Group

When do you think schools will close again or do you even think they will close?

Going to school second day of year 10 in an hour so might not see all the response right way but as the title says. What do you think

Scroll to see replies

I doubt schools will close again
Reply 2
Original post by Shadbury
I doubt schools will close again

Good since i don't want them to close
They might close in November (I really don't know).
Reply 4
Original post by 1st superstar
They might close in November (I really don't know).

I think so too tbh sadly
Original post by Lilymae69
I think so too tbh sadly

Hopefully they don't close.
Reply 6
Original post by 1st superstar
Hopefully they don't close.

Ikr I also don't want them to close
depends how bad covid gets this time around tbf
I am for a Second National lockdown as long as it doesn’t go over Christmas because that would stop lots of families that haven’t seen each other for a long time meeting. I don’t think schools would close unless there was a Second National Lockdown.
(edited 3 years ago)
I highly doubt we will see mass closures - but I expect we will see a lot of individual school closures (either partially or fully) over the coming term.
Reply 10
Original post by mjhmichael18
I am for a Second National lockdown as long as it doesn’t go over Christmas because that would stop lots of families that haven’t seen each other for a long time meeting. I don’t think schools would close unless there was a Second National Lockdown.

I think that's a selfish stance ngl. You don't mind a lockdown, as long, as it doesn't affect things that are important to you. If you want a lockdown, you should believe in it unequivocally.

If families not meeting means Covid stays down, I think it's a sacrifice that should be made.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by mjhmichael18

Second lockdown is extremely damaging in my opinion
Original post by Lilymae69
Second lockdown is extremely damaging in my opinion

True but if cases continue to rise the way they are it may be needed.
Reply 13
Original post by jonathanemptage

sure i guess
I reckon they’ll close. 2 days in and there was already a case of covid and 50 or so students now have to stay home
Reply 15
Original post by blueberrybowl
I reckon they’ll close. 2 days in and there was already a case of covid and 50 or so students now have to stay home

i rlly dont want them to close
I doubt there'll be another full lockdown but lots of small closures - my school has had a teacher go off with covid-19 we're still going but I'm not sure whether it was poor judgement.
Original post by jonathanemptage

May as well have a 3rd and 4th next year while we're at it.
Original post by Ramipril
May as well have a 3rd and 4th next year while we're at it.

Maybe there's a deal on - get one lockdown have another free.
I think around October/ November + in October is when they make the final decisions if we do the end of year exams and what’s happening officially, my teachers told me yesterday. But the infectious rate is above one so who knows.

Quick Reply