The Student Room Group

What does it actually mean when he put “full stop” on the text

I’ve been talking to this guy for a month, which everything went great! But we had suddenly talking less and stopped as his side recently received news about his mother loss. It’s been a week we didn’t talk so I message him to check up on him

The question is on my side’s text, when I’m talking about my family, it sounded not right for me which I didn’t notice about it.... (overthinking?)
Could that be a reason why he put a “.” At the end as he was not pleased or something ?
I know we talking something serious that can be the case but the overall conversation I only find something out of subject is when I’m talking about my family (don’t you think?)

and He barely use full stop when he text

I’m also an overthinking person when gets to something I don’t want to harm other people
Attachment not found
I don't think the full stop was an issue. The issue I had when readings your text was that your last paragraph was unnecessary, it looked as you were trying too hard.

Try mirroring his length of texts next time or maybe even a bit less. You've only been talking for a month and he's dealing with family loss so try stepping back and give him some space. Let him do the chasing. Overthinking/ being clingy/ chasing a guy is not a pretty look

Nothing wrong with sending a text to check up on him but don't over do it. A simplified text here and there and let him do the talking. Don't be offended of he doesn't respond as he's dealing with more seriously things at the moment. If he sees that you don't see this then in his head he doesn't find you ' girlfriend material'

hope this helps
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve been talking to this guy for a month, which everything went great! But we had suddenly talking less and stopped as his side recently received news about his mother loss. It’s been a week we didn’t talk so I message him to check up on him

The question is on my side’s text, when I’m talking about my family, it sounded not right for me which I didn’t notice about it.... (overthinking?)
Could that be a reason why he put a “.” At the end as he was not pleased or something ?
I know we talking something serious that can be the case but the overall conversation I only find something out of subject is when I’m talking about my family (don’t you think?)

and He barely use full stop when he text

I’m also an overthinking person when gets to something I don’t want to harm other people
Attachment not found

Sometimes I’m just in a grammar-y mood, but often I use proper grammar when I’m pissed or upset
I use correct grammar when I'm upset or angry at someone, so I would use a full stop to signify that the conversation is over e.g "ok."
Reply 4
I don't think the full stop was an issue. The issue I had when readings your text was that your last paragraph was unnecessary, it looked as you were trying too hard.

Try mirroring his length of texts next time or maybe even a bit less. You've only been talking for a month and he's dealing with family loss so try stepping back and give him some space. Let him do the chasing. Overthinking/ being clingy/ chasing a guy is not a pretty look

Nothing wrong with sending a text to check up on him but don't over do it. A simplified text here and there and let him do the talking. Don't be offended of he doesn't respond as he's dealing with more seriously things at the moment. If he sees that you don't see this then in his head he doesn't find you ' girlfriend material'

hope this helps

thats what I was thinking, but that also makes me think that im trying too hard and do you think he will still talk to me ? imagine you are him do you find it awkward ?
I use grammar randomly, I can't see the attachment so I can't say for sure but it most likely is nothing.
Reply 6
Original post by MischievousMinx
I use grammar randomly, I can't see the attachment so I can't say for sure but it most likely is nothing.

Attachment not found
its this attachment x
after you read that .. I want to ask if you think he will judge me straight away that im trying too hard
do you think he will still be interested in me after I sent that ... which I know its my own mistake but I just want to make sure that at the end of the context I didn't do anything serious that could change his mind about me
its this attachment x
after you read that .. I want to ask if you think he will judge me straight away that im trying too hard
do you think he will still be interested in me after I sent that ... which I know its my own mistake but I just want to make sure that at the end of the context I didn't do anything serious that could change his mind about me

I don't think he will judge you. I overthink things myself. He is going through a difficult time and probably needs some time to himself. I would imagine that he feels emotionally exhausted. I assume he didn't text you after that, the full stop is just him ending the conversation. I don't think you asked a question after that, the conversation just came to a end. Give him time, he's going through a difficult time. From what I have read you have done nothing wrong.
Reply 8
Original post by MischievousMinx
I don't think he will judge you. I overthink things myself. He is going through a difficult time and probably needs some time to himself. I would imagine that he feels emotionally exhausted. I assume he didn't text you after that, the full stop is just him ending the conversation. I don't think you asked a question after that, the conversation just came to a end. Give him time, he's going through a difficult time. From what I have read you have done nothing wrong.

oh thank god... lets hope it will turn out that way .. even I know myself really well that I am currently not his priority in his situation.. but I don't know what to do next after this .. even its going to pass for many weeks, still want to get in touch but don't want to be too clingy or bothering too much .. and don't want to ask same question over again because its boring .. you know haha .. any good advice apart from the your replies above ?
Reply 9
You haven't read those stupid articles doing the rounds about millenials thinking full stops in text messages indicate anger, have you?

It's a full stop. It's the end of a sentence. You've used them in your texts ('bit busy than usual.'). If he'd actually written the words 'FULL STOP' it would mean that's it's, no more, but you are reading too much into one dot.
thats what I was thinking, but that also makes me think that im trying too hard and do you think he will still talk to me ? imagine you are him do you find it awkward ?

No, you're absolutely fine!! If I was a guy I'd view that as trying hard but don't see it as a problem. Just be cool and spontaneous.

You did nothing wrong hun. Just relax, don't overthink and don't stress about every move/text because that itself is exhausting. Instead enjoy talking to him and if something went awkward, just say 'oh well' or 'so' and move on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending