The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Is De Montfort good?

When I was applying for universities earlier this, I must have found something in DMU that made me end up firming the course. Now, I'm sort of having doubts about the course (but I'll figure that out myself) and about the uni. Is it really as good as I thought? What are the general pros and cons?
It's not great at all. It's quite a low ranked uni. There's a better uni in the same city called University of Leicester!
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
De Montfort is a great uni. It’s better for some courses than others. It’s a blend of different courses and societies from arts to business etc. so you meet an array of different unique people. Additionally, it got voted gold credited for teaching and framework which not many universities achieve. It’s very multi cultural and has great, modern facilities and placement opportunities. The staff are fab, the library facilities are very accessible. There is a lot of support offered here, and has a vibrant atmosphere which other universities like Leicester uni lack. I would book an open day see how you feel, do not listen to one opinion but choose what you feel is right from your heart. I have studied here myself after going to many open days, De Montfort has a a lot to offer the atmosphere,support, teaching and facilities. I might be bias but I haven’t regretted it all.
DMU ranked in top 50 universities in the world for sustainability.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
It's not great at all. It's quite a low ranked uni. There's a better uni in the same city called University of Leicester!

I'm heading into uni this year so a little too late to be applying for anything but thanks anyways
From someone who lives in Leicester, place is a bit of a joke. At my school they were accepting people who had scored DDE in their a levels.

Do have to say they have some nice buildings though, much nicer than uni of leic. But there’s similar unis to dmu in much nicer cities (brookes,ARU,UWE,Trent) so I’m not sure why one would come here if they’re not from Leicester themself
Original post by Anonymous
From someone who lives in Leicester, place is a bit of a joke. At my school they were accepting people who had scored DDE in their a levels.

Do have to say they have some nice buildings though, much nicer than uni of leic. But there’s similar unis to dmu in much nicer cities (brookes,ARU,UWE,Trent) so I’m not sure why one would come here if they’re not from Leicester themself

Accepted with DDE. Wow

I don't understand why students support these bullsh*t institutions and feed them money! All for the 'uni experience' I guess lol
any girl thats there belongs to the street.
Original post by username5397146
any girl thats there belongs to the street.

What does that even mean?
it's ok
What is your situation now ?
Original post by Talaattalaat
What is your situation now ?

I went back to mars.
Hi there. I hope you are doing well.

DMU achieved Gold - the highest possible standard - in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF), the only UK Government-endorsed measure of teaching quality in UK higher education (Office for Students, 2017). This recognizes the outstanding teaching and learning on offer at DMU. More than 170 of our courses are accredited by professional bodies, meaning students can gain significant exemptions from professional qualifications after graduation. We offer a one year work placement for the majority of our courses, including all undergraduate courses and all postgraduate Engineering and Computing courses. Through DMU Global, the university offers a wide range of opportunities such as academic field trips, language classes and volunteering across. DMU has invested heavily to develop a beautiful campus with a mixture of traditional and modern study spaces. At the centre of the campus is the impressive Vijay Patel Building, which houses our art and design subjects and the Riverside Cafe. The restored Great Hall of Leicester Castle offers a historical learning environment for our business students. Green spaces surround the campus and students can relax alongside the canal or in Castle Gardens.

But...why not visit our campus and experience it for yourself. We have an Open Day coming up on Saturday 15th October, 2022 , wherein you will be able to attend subject talks, campus and accommodation tour, meet our academic staff and current students. We also run campus tours every week Tuesday-Thursday, 1 pm, if you are uncertain about the Open Day :u:

You can book for our events by visiting the following link: https://www.dmu.ac.uk/events/index.aspx.

We are looking forward to seeing you:yeah:

Best Wishes,

Swarda, De Montfort University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending