The Student Room Group

Official Hong Kong University 2021 applicant thread

:hello:
This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to University in Hong Kong for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What courses/Universities are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
(I am HK local student so I pay less school fees)
I am applying for engineering at HKU, HKUST, CUHK and PolyU.
I am studying International A level Physics, Maths and Chemistry, with PG A*AA or 152 points.
(edited 3 years ago)
I am applying to HKU. Since you could apply to 5 subjects so how do you write and structure your personal statement? Coz I am applying to quite different courses, dentistry, pharmacy, quantitative finance, actuarial science and social science. Please help.
I am doing A level maths, further maths, biology, chemistry
First choice: HKUST/CUHK Global Business, HKU IBGM

Predicted Grades: International Baccalaureate (IB) 43 Points HL (7) Math Applications (7) Econ (6) Eng Lit
Hi everyone! I'm a Hong Kong National taking the IBDP outside of Hong Kong, but am thinking of applying and possibly studying back home :smile:

What courses/Universities are you applying for? I am aiming to apply for Psychology at Hong Kong University (HKU) and the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK)!

What subjects are you studying now? I study the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma! Predicted grades: 44/45 (HL 777, SL 776, Core 3)
My HLs: English Literature, Math Applications, Biology; My SLs: Chinese Lang&Lit, History, Music
Original post by karenawang
Hi everyone! I'm a Hong Kong National taking the IBDP outside of Hong Kong, but am thinking of applying and possibly studying back home :smile:

What courses/Universities are you applying for? I am aiming to apply for Psychology at Hong Kong University (HKU) and the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK)!

What subjects are you studying now? I study the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma! Predicted grades: 44/45 (HL 777, SL 776, Core 3)
My HLs: English Literature, Math Applications, Biology; My SLs: Chinese Lang&Lit, History, Music

Your pretty much guaranteed a place. Your predicted grades are very high.
What courses/Universities are you applying for?
- HKU and CUHK medicine (if I choose CUHK, preferrably GPS)

What subjects are you studying now? IBDP, predicted 45 :smile: HL Chem bio engB, SL chinese A econ math xx
Reply 7
Here are the 2020 admissions scores of the mid-50% of admits:
HKUST: A level AAA/A*AB-A*A*A*, IB 36-40
PolyU: A level AAB/A*BB-A*A*A*, IB 31-39
Original post by 8013
Here are the 2020 admissions scores of the mid-50% of admits:
HKUST: A level AAA/A*AB-A*A*A*, IB 36-40
PolyU: A level AAB/A*BB-A*A*A*, IB 31-39

That's awfully high, especially for PolyU
Reply 9
I have just sent off my application for HKU as they do not need any documents at this stage. I only have the documents left for HKUST and will send that application off tonight or tomorrow.
Applying to HKU, HKUST and CityUHK for chemistry/molecular physics programs

Studying CIE A Levels (Math, Chem, Physics) and doing FM up to AS

Predicted A*A*A*b (the b in AS FM :frown:)
Reply 11
Original post by vyper47
Applying to HKU, HKUST and CityUHK for chemistry/molecular physics programs

Studying CIE A Levels (Math, Chem, Physics) and doing FM up to AS

Predicted A*A*A*b (the b in AS FM :frown:)

I have sent off three applications already.
Original post by 8013
I have sent off three applications already.

You mentioned they don't want documents right beforehand. So this means I can send my actual A level results (arrives on january 11; CAIE) later on? I'm taking em in the oct/nov 2020 session (happening right now :biggrin:)
Hi everyone, Im applying to HKU and CUHK. I just received an interview invitation from HKU, its a general admission one( critical analysis and group discussion). It is really weird, does anyone of you receive that too?.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone, Im applying to HKU and CUHK. I just received an interview invitation from HKU, its a general admission one( critical analysis and group discussion). It is really weird, does anyone of you receive that too?.

Hey I received it as well, is it programme based or is this some first round interview where this determines whether we are eligible for the second interview which is program based? I’m really not sure
Original post by hairbear190
Hey I received it as well, is it programme based or is this some first round interview where this determines whether we are eligible for the second interview which is program based? I’m really not sure

I asked the university and she said its not for a specific faculty and i think I am gonna perform badly....TBH, this is my second time of application, and there was no such thing last year...
I asked the university and she said its not for a specific faculty and i think I am gonna perform badly....TBH, this is my second time of application, and there was no such thing last year...

Wow so it’s a new thing.

What is your predicted grade?

What are your grades and which course are you applying for?
Original post by hairbear190
What are your grades and which course are you applying for?

I actually finished my A levels few months ago, i achieved 4A* and I'm applying to Medicine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending