The Student Room Group

Freedom, Georgia: Black families buy 96-acre 'safe haven'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by mgi
The "traditional" approach that you mention in your response, however, has palpably failed to find solutions for literally many generations. The much lauded MLK himself did not find solutions, the Panthers didn't, the NOI didn't, white America hasn't, the KKK has survived 165 years, police brutality is still an issue, economic racism is ongoing. BLM are trying- the future results remain to be seen.
I don't believe that history shows that asking one's oppressors for permission to better oneself ever actually works snd one suspects it makes no sense to ask!
So therefore a new paradigm for race relations between black and white is an urgent problem is this world. Everyone can trot out the phrase " all lives matter" but few people actually believe it to the point of actively behaving in a way that proves that they believe that ALM! That is the major issue with this world. In truth, White people can never exist in peace until the Black people exist in peace! Why? because we are all interconnected as human beings!

Sweetie, you know there are more races than blacks and whites right?
Original post by mgi
The "traditional" approach that you mention in your response, however, has palpably failed to find solutions for literally many generations. The much lauded MLK himself did not find solutions, the Panthers didn't, the NOI didn't, white America hasn't, the KKK has survived 165 years, police brutality is still an issue, economic racism is ongoing. BLM are trying- the future results remain to be seen.
I don't believe that history shows that asking one's oppressors for permission to better oneself ever actually works snd one suspects it makes no sense to ask!
So therefore a new paradigm for race relations between black and white is an urgent problem is this world. Everyone can trot out the phrase " all lives matter" but few people actually believe it to the point of actively behaving in a way that proves that they believe that ALM! That is the major issue with this world. In truth, White people can never exist in peace until the Black people exist in peace! Why? because we are all interconnected as human beings!

All the benefits of freedom that the African community enjoys in the West today is the product of traditional civil rights activism, the product of work by descendants of slaves living in the West up until the 1960s. Enfranchisement for the African community in the US was the work of traditional civil rights activist. The right to attend white schools and universities and sports teams was the work of traditional civil rights activists. The right to stand for office, the right to use services public and private reserved for whites was the work of traditional civl rights activists...etc. All the freedoms that the African community enjoys today is the product of traditional civil rights activism, rooted at the heart of which was religion.

What has the modern approach accomplished for the African community? NOTHING....zero, zilch...nada...The modern approach controlled by 'white' leftist extremists has brought the African community in the west nothing but pain and suffering and those 'white' leftist extremists nothing but fame, power and fortune at the expense of the African community.

How can you say that MLK had no impact? MLK had a profound impact on the world. He made huge strides for the African American community in the US. Let me give you an example of changes that he accomplished in police brutality. He led a campaign against police brutality by the Birmingham Police Department which led to the sacking of its police chief and changes in the city's discriminatory laws. His impact was huge.

Traditional ciivl rights activism: civilised, intelligent, eloquent, constructive, well presented, moral, descent, anti-totalitarian, logical, inspiring, rational, irrefutable, peaceful and victimised at the hands of the police.

Contemporary civil rights activism hijacked by leftist extremists: uncivilised, unintelligent, destructive, immoral, perverse, contradictory, easily refutable, inarticulate, irrational, unattractive, violent, totalitarian, authoritative, poorly presented and victimising everyone.

Spoiler

Unfortunately, due to the very violent and sexually explicit nature of most of the riot videos of the BLM, I couldn't upload them on here bar these two even which I could only upload on this forum behind a vail.

Comparing traditional civil rights to contemporary civil rights activism is an insult really. Contemporary civil rights activism makes you want to puke.

In regard to the KKK. In the early 1900s they numbered between 3 and 6 million. Their women's branch had a membership of 500k. Today they are all but dead and non-existent. You haven't got to fear the KKK. You should worry about those rotten people and ideologies who have managed to successfully worm their way into the African community in the US imposing changes on it without challenge, breaking up families, encouraging hate and division between women and men, promoting population control by means of aborting children of African origins en mass in their hundreds of thousands every year, profiting from their deaths, billions and billions of dollars every year that go to enrich 'white' leftist extremists etc.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 42
Original post by Pinkisk
All the benefits of freedom that the African community enjoys in the West today is the product of traditional civil rights activism, the product of work by descendants of slaves living in the West up until the 1960s. Enfranchisement for African community in the US was the work of traditional civil rights activist. The right to attend white schools and universities and sports teams was the work of traditional civil rights activists. The right to stand for office, the right use services public and private reserved for whites was the work of traditional civl rights activists...etc. All the freedoms that African community enjoys today is the product of traditional civil rights activism, rooted at the heart of which was religion. What has the modern approach accomplished for the African community? NOTHING....zero. Zilch...nada...The modern approach controlled by 'white' leftist extremists has brought the African community in the west nothing but pain and suffering and those 'white' leftist extremists nothing but fame, power and fortune.

How can you say that MLK had no impact. MLK had a profound impact on the world. He made huge strides for the African American community in the US. Let me give you an example of changes that he accomplished in the matter of police brutality. He led the Birmingham Campaign against police brutality by the Birmingham Police Department which led to the sacking of its police chief and changes in the city's discriminatory laws. His impact was huge. Besides alienating entire populations and destroying the African American community, what has the contemporary civil rights movement hijacked by leftist extremists accomplished?

Traditional ciivl rights activism: civilised, intelligent, eloquent, constructive, well presented, moral, descent, anti-totalitarian, logical, inspiring, rational, irrefutable, peaceful and victimised at the hands of the police.

Contemporary civil rights activism hijacked by leftist extremists: uncivilised, unintelligent, destructive, immoral, perverse, contradictory, easily refutable, inarticulate, irrational, unattractive, violent, totalitarian, authoritative, poorly presented and victimising everyone.

Spoiler

Unfortunately, due to the very violent and sexually explicit nature of most of the riot videos of the BLM, I couldn't upload them on here. I chose two and even those two are difficult to upload on her without a vail.

Comparing traditional civil rights to contemporary civil rights activism is an insult really. Contemporary civil rights activism makes you want to puke.

In regard to the KKK. In the early 1900s they numbered between 3 and 6 million. Their women's branch had a membership of 500k. Today they are all but dead and non-existent. You haven't got to fear the KKK. You should worry about those rotten people and ideologies who have managed to successfully worm their way into the African community in the US, breaking up families, encouraging hate and division between women and men, promoting population control of the African community by aborting children of African origins en mass in their hundreds of thousands every year, spreading social constructs within the African community that is robbing them of their identity etc.

I agree with much of what you actually say in your post. However, regarding the stuff about MLK, yes i do agree that he did achieve some things and made great speeches but i dont think that since his death the black community in America has had any ground breaking pioneering black leadership! So yes, i agree best not compare old civil rights with the actually nin existent 'new' ones. But i don't agree with your implied summary of BLM! A smear campaign is always constructed when black people attempt to reject systemic racism.
And by the way, i think the Christian religion and Obamaworship, has largely kept the black community passive and too compliant for 50 years!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by mgi
I agree with much of what you actually say in your post. However, regarding the stuff about MLK, yes i do agree that he did achieve some things and made great speeches but i dont think that since his death the black community in America has had any ground breaking pioneering black leadership! So yes, i agree best not compare old civil rights with the actually nin existent 'new' ones. But i don't agree with your implied summary of BLM! A smear campaign is always constructed when black people attempt to reject systemic racism.
And by the way, i think the Christian religion and Obamaworship, has largely kept the black community passive and too compliant for 50 years!

I am not so much a fan of MLK as I am of Malcolm X. I love almost everything about him. Here's a speech relevant to this discussion that you might find interesting. In it, he argues that for the left the African community is nothing but a tool by which they fight against conservatives for their own beneficence. He warns the African American community against falling for their ways/doctrine. In this speech he criticises the right as well.

(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by Pinkisk
All the freedoms that the African community enjoys today is the product of traditional civil rights activism, rooted at the heart of which was religion.

Nonsense. The very concept of human rights is rooted in Enlightenment secular liberalism where its foundation and revolution in France was in direct opposition to religious authoritarianism. Plus, without a liberal democratic state, none of the progress in civil rights would have succeeded.
Reply 45
Original post by Pinkisk
I am not so much a fan of MLK as I am of Malcolm X. I love almost everything about him. Here's a speech relevant to this discussion that you might find interesting. In it, he argues that for the left the African community is nothing but a tool by which they fight against conservatives for their own beneficence. He warns the African American community against falling for their ways/doctrine. In this speech he criticises the right as well.

This is the point i am making. The main leaders for the "emancipation " of black people need to be black people themselves. He who feels it knows it!

Original post by Ascend
Nonsense. The very concept of human rights is rooted in Enlightenment secular liberalism where its foundation and revolution in France was in direct opposition to religious authoritarianism. Plus, without a liberal democratic state, none of the progress in civil rights would have succeeded.

Interesting. I am not sure that the Civil Rights movement actually succeeded in its aims. Many of its great leaders were assassinated or jailed or both! MLK had plans to further increase civil rights activity and this was known to the FBI.
Then the agenda was abruptly switched to lgbt rights in around 1970!
The election of Obama did nothing to aid the problems of black America but simply gave some people the delusion that equality for blacks had arrived in America. I had certainly not arrived!
Original post by mgi

A group that believes that whites were created by the Biblical patriarch Jacob on the island of Patmos solely to murder blacks, and that whites are inherently inferior to blacks, is not and can never be comparable to Martin Luther King's support for equal rights.
Reply 47
Original post by mgi
Interesting. I am not sure that the Civil Rights movement actually succeeded in its aims. Many of its great leaders were assassinated or jailed or both! MLK had plans to further increase civil rights activity and this was known to the FBI.
Then the agenda was abruptly switched to lgbt rights in around 1970!
The election of Obama did nothing to aid the problems of black America but simply gave some people the delusion that equality for blacks had arrived in America. I had certainly not arrived!

Civil Rights Act of 1964

To say that the civil rights movement did not succeed is an insult to those who fought and even gave their lives for it. It's also an ignorance of history and the remarkable progress that societies have made since the days of chattel slavery in under a couple of centuries.
Original post by Ascend

What I think Pinkisk is trying to say is that much of the push for equal rights did come from churches and practicing Christians. For instance, MLK was a Baptist priest.
Reply 49
Original post by Ascend
Civil Rights Act of 1964

To say that the civil rights movement did not succeed is an insult to those who fought and even gave their lives for it. It's also an ignorance of history and the remarkable progress that societies have made since the days of chattel slavery in under a couple of centuries.

It did not succeed in some areas, that's for sure. police brutality and economic racism are still with us!

Quick Reply

Latest